Would you interview Haley for HC?

Would you interview Haley for HC?

• Total voters

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's well known that Haley and Fitzgerald had a good relationship. Jurecki was on the radio yesterday saying this very thing.

Then there is this interview of Larry

Q: Do you have any good Todd Haley stories?

LF: "Todd used to always get the best out of me. It’s great to see what he’s doing with the receivers in Pittsburgh. Antonio (Brown) had a record-breaking year last year and the development of (Markus) Wheaton and (Martavis) Bryant, being able to see Darrius Heyward-Bey kind of revive his career with Pittsburgh, it’s a lot of fun to watch those guys. They've got speed to burn. It's a high-scoring, potent offense. I'm going to be sitting down on the bench this week when the defense is on the field and I'm going to be making sure I'm watching."

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree we should interview him. Mike B is a huge character guy and wants to win desperately. If he thinks Haley is the guy, I trust him. The offense he ran in Pittsburg was legit.

He was here before he was in Pitt so I dont really see how people can write him off as "another Steeler retread" that's just irrational bias.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree we should interview him. Mike B is a huge character guy and wants to win desperately. If he thinks Haley is the guy, I trust him. The offense he ran in Pittsburg was legit.

He was here before he was in Pitt so I dont really see how people can write him off as "another Steeler retread" that's just irrational bias.

Haley is from Bill Parcells tree. He got some onions too. Whether he deserves the job or not, Haley deserves an interview.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we want to interview him that's fine, but please don't hire him as HC for the sole reason it gets Larry back for 1 more year. It's like everyone wanting to hire Munchak to fix our O-Line. In that case...bring in an O-Line coach. Don't fix small, short term problems with a HC hire.

Now that I've got that out....no, I don't know who we should hire, so yes I was being devil's advocate. This year's crop of potential HC's is very underwhelming IMO. Felt a lot better last time chasing Andy Reid and then Arians, this time we're down to position coaches I hadn't heard of before 4 months ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This is where I’m at.

Man... anyone ever just stop and think about just how Card Crazy all of us are to spend so much time talking about all things Cardinals?

For anyone here to ever accuse another board member a bandwagon/fair weather/not a real fan is pretty hilarious. We all bleed Cardinal red. Love this place and all it’s members, even those I regularly disagree with.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can someone make an argument for not bringing Haley back that is based in fact?
It doesn't matter what we as fans think. What matters is what Micheal B thinks.

Haley has been with this franchise already, so maybe some in the FO don't hold him in high regards for whatever reason.

If Haley doesn't get an interview here it's fairly easy to figure out who those are.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This is where I’m at.

Man... anyone ever just stop and think about just how Card Crazy all of us are to spend so much time talking about all things Cardinals?

For anyone here to ever accuse another board member a bandwagon/fair weather/not a real fan is pretty hilarious. We all bleed Cardinal red. Love this place and all it’s members, even those I regularly disagree with.
Haha I was just thinking this too, I've been glued to the board for days now I haven't done that in a very long time. As bad as it can seem for us right now, this is better than the SB for me right now lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Haha I was just thinking this too, I've been glued to the board for days now I haven't done that in a very long time. As bad as it can seem for us right now, this is better than the SB for me right now lol
and free agency dont start for another 6 weeksish

cant wait to get in debates about what an idiot our new coach is because he didnt want the backup NT from Miami for veteran minimum

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Every coach gets fired. If you couldn't hire any coaches that got fired, you'd never be able to hire any coaches. Haley got attacked outside a bar by a drunk Yinzer and was on the sideline for the next game; I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't understand the visceral reaction when people were like "Hm... Mike Munchak. Tell me more." He won 10 games with Matt Cassel as his quarterback; he should be a no-brainer.
Not every head coach has been fired before. That's silly. But it's still an event worth raising an eyebrow at when he doesn't get his contract continued.

Its unfortunate he was attacked and injured but I see no problem with Haley being out in public with his wife having a drink in a bar. Sometimes you cant avoid the knuckleheads who confront you. If he was leaving and then got punked outside the bar its not on him. But if he was protecting his wife from some POS mouthing off and going at her and then I like Haley all the more.

But why do it two blocks from your workplace right after a game? On a night where there's going to be a bunch of drunks? It's not like he went out to some high class joint, either. Just a standard run of the mill bar.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am all for interviewing Haley. I don't love the idea of hiring him, but with what may be leftover...he has the most credibility on the field.

My big concern is the personality. He is super aggressive, and couldn't get along with his star QB (Roethlisberger). He has had some off field items that have found their way into the news which is always concerning. Even if it isn't your fault, you have to worry about someone who puts themselves in those situations. I had hoped that his jackassery was left in KC, but the rumors are that he is still the same guy. That would worry me as the leader of our team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Can someone make an argument for not bringing Haley back that is based in fact?

OK, I am going to give this a shot...

Rush DVOA - 28
Pass DVOA - 15

Rush DVOA - 22
Pass DVOA - 26

Rush DVOA - 9
Pass DVOA - 15

Rush DVOA - 31
Pass DVOA - 25

Those are Todd Haley's seasons without Hall of Fame QBs Kurt Warner and Ben Roethlisberger. 2007 was only part Warner, and it started with Leinart. 2009 and 2011 were as a HC of the Chiefs, not great. I point this out because I don't believe Tood Haley would have a Hall of Fame QB in Arizona, and he has never shown the ability to elevate mediocre QBs. I know that not many can, but this tells me that Haley might not be the offensive genius that he is being billed as. Maybe he is a guy who can design a passing game with a top NFL QB. Not rarified air. Also, he has struggled with Tony Gonzalez and Ben Roethlisberger. Never a great thing to alienate your best players.

Essentially, if Todd Haley, without a Hall of Fame QB, is just an average at best OC, why would you want to take on his other, less desirable traits and make him your HC?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ill just leave this here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For OC only. Not as HC
I don't think you really interview for OC, the HC picks his guy.

You can't force a HC candidate to take Haley. Well, you can but...it's bad management.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not every head coach has been fired before. That's silly. But it's still an event worth raising an eyebrow at when he doesn't get his contract continued.

But why do it two blocks from your workplace right after a game? On a night where there's going to be a bunch of drunks? It's not like he went out to some high class joint, either. Just a standard run of the mill bar.
Ben hates Haley. Ben had Haley fired. Is that a bad thing?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FWIW. Warner is on Jurecki's show now. That's two interviews from Warner in two days on 98.7 FM. He wants cardinals to give Haley a chance in some capacity. Yeah, Warner likes Haley.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ben hates Haley. Ben had Haley fired. Is that a bad thing?
Yes, it's a bad thing when one of the keystones of your team dislikes you enough to try to get your job taken away (and succeeds).

I think that'd be viewed as a bad thing in any industry, unless you're outright framed.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, it's a bad thing when one of the keystones of your team dislikes you enough to try to get your job taken away (and succeeds).

I think that'd be viewed as a bad thing in any industry, unless you're outright framed.

In NFL it works. Also, Emperor Brady showed who was in power when he told Karft to ship Garapolo. Belichik was neutered and had to obey the emperor's orders. Same with Tomlin.