Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was just released.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Absolutely. With him the mentality wouldn't change much compared to BA. Could lead us on the next great run or flame out rather quickly. But he for sure has learned many things from his Chiefs HC stint and his time in a winning programme that Pittsburgh undoubtedly is. Haley can coach offense as well as anybody. Only question would be his staff but in general Haley is certainly more qualified than all available candidates mentioned.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Too much baggage. Too little talent.

No.

This is a spicy take.

Offense Ranking by DVOA (Total, Pass, Rush)
2017 - 3, 4, 6
2016 - 7, 8, 7
2015 - 3, 5, 4
2014 - 2, 1, 12
2013 - 12, 9, 29
2012 - 19, 13, 31

Haley helped build arguably the league's best receiving corps through the draft alone. Ben R.s passer rating is almost 4 points higher after Haley came on board than before. I'd love this choice.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Expect to see Haley to be OC at NE. Bill Parcels coaching tree like Belichik.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Fitz, Boldin, Breaston showed him the light....but if he was responsible for those draft choices in pitt - sign me up!!!

I thought we took a hit when Haley left.

He is fiery - but is he secure enough to bring in coordinators with HC experience?

This is a spicy take.

Offense Ranking by DVOA (Total, Pass, Rush)
2017 - 3, 4, 6
2016 - 7, 8, 7
2015 - 3, 5, 4
2014 - 2, 1, 12
2013 - 12, 9, 29
2012 - 19, 13, 31

Haley helped build arguably the league's best receiving corps through the draft alone. Ben R.s passer rating is almost 4 points higher after Haley came on board than before. I'd love this choice.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Bring him on! No nonsense coach that has learned a lot since his OC stint with us. Learned the HC biz in a hard way with the Chiefs. Saw first hand what a winning programme looks like in Pitts. What he's done with Bell can easily be replicated with DJ, talk about using our best player to his full abilities. Small or rather big bonus: Fitz keeps playing for at least another year or two!

Clear out the dead wood, go all in for Cousins, a solid FA OL and decent WR who doesn't drop wide open passes. Focus on OL again in the draft. Haley will coach us to glory!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd at least interview him given that we're getting to the point where we have plenty of time to do it. What if he comes in and wows?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bring him on! No nonsense coach that has learned a lot since his OC stint with us. Learned the HC biz in a hard way with the Chiefs. Saw first hand what a winning programme looks like in Pitts. What he's done with Bell can easily be replicated with DJ, talk about using our best player to his full abilities. Small or rather big bonus: Fitz keeps playing for at least another year or two!

Clear out the dead wood, go all in for Cousins, a solid FA OL and decent WR who doesn't drop wide open passes. Focus on OL again in the draft. Haley will coach us to glory!

Like every word of THIS

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think Fitz, Boldin, Breaston showed him the light....but if he was responsible for those draft choices in pitt - sign me up!!!

I thought we took a hit when Haley left.

He is fiery - but is he secure enough to bring in coordinators with HC experience?

Antonio Brown was a 6th round pick. Bryant is a 4th rounder. Smith-Shuster was drafted in the second. It's not like they've been pouring high picks into that unit. Jesse James was a 5th rounder.

Why would he bring in coorindators with HC experience? The argument for DeFillipo or Bettcher to bring in former HCs is because they haven't done it before and they could use the advice.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score

I was iffy on him, but this post convinced me to not have a sinking feeling if Haley happens for us. Plenty of positives and possibilities there.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would interview him, although he could have been interviewed for HC all along so I doubt we do.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
He is at least worth an interview, much prefer him to Munchak.

+1

While I am not on the Munchak bandwago, or the Haley bandwagon, I agree with this.

Maybe Haley for OC, if they hire a defensive head coach?

OT: Why on earth do the Cardinals care about keep Bettcher ?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Can someone make an argument for not bringing Haley back that is based in fact?
Playing devil's advocate here, but the fact that he's already been fired as a head coach once in his career, and just recently shattered his pelvis in a bar altercation, are two pretty fact-based arguments with a lot of weight.

I'd overlook them to bring him back as OC, and would overlook it to at least interview him for HC, but that's where I stand.

What I will say is that I would have a lot of misgivings doing this if it were a guy applying for an open job on my team... So I understand how the Cardinals might feel.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Heck yes. Him or Bettcher? No contest. I say that because I think that just may end up being the only 2 choices before it is all said and done. MB is taking way too long to do his lawyerly “due diligence”.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson