Would you interview Haley for HC?

Would you interview Haley for HC?

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Playing devil's advocate here, but the fact that he's already been fired as a head coach once in his career, and just recently shattered his pelvis in a bar altercation, are two pretty fact-based arguments with a lot of weight.

I'd overlook them to bring him back as OC, and would overlook it to at least interview him for HC, but that's where I stand.

What I will say is that I would have a lot of misgivings doing this if it were a guy applying for an open job on my team... So I understand how the Cardinals might feel.

One of those isn't a football issue, and the other one doesn't seem to be that big a deal. I'd be thrilled if the Cards brought Haley back.

Reaction score
I think Haley would certainly be worth interviewing! If MB doesn't, then he has his reason(s).

Personally, Haley strikes me as topping out at OC. I don't think he has the correct demeanor to be a head coach.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One of those isn't a football issue, and the other one doesn't seem to be that big a deal. I'd be thrilled if the Cards brought Haley back.
As the head coach you have a lot of time exposed to the media, to the public, and more. You are representative of the organization you work for. If you cannot stay out of altercations in public, how are you supposed to be an example to your players? My work would definitely look into it if I got into a "situation" in which I had an altercation with someone else within eyeshot of one of our properties. He said it's a "non-issue," but his organization still chose not to retain him.

Getting publicly fired from the job you're applying after not getting retained by your next organization is a pretty tough indicator of things going forward.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those of you saying no way, think of it this way. The Stealers had 545 yards of total offense and 6 TD's against the #2 defense in the league and you can't say the Jags' defense let up because the game was very much in doubt pretty much to the end.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
As the head coach you have a lot of time exposed to the media, to the public, and more. You are representative of the organization you work for. If you cannot stay out of altercations in public, how are you supposed to be an example to your players? My work would definitely look into it if I got into a "situation" in which I had an altercation with someone else within eyeshot of one of our properties. He said it's a "non-issue," but his organization still chose not to retain him.

Getting publicly fired from the job you're applying after not getting retained by your next organization is a pretty tough indicator of things going forward.

Every coach gets fired. If you couldn't hire any coaches that got fired, you'd never be able to hire any coaches. Haley got attacked outside a bar by a drunk Yinzer and was on the sideline for the next game; I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't understand the visceral reaction when people were like "Hm... Mike Munchak. Tell me more." He won 10 games with Matt Cassel as his quarterback; he should be a no-brainer.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He and Tomlin are the only Pittsburgh retreads I want

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
...as almost all coaches have that get fired. And btw Haley's ending was putting 42 points on the best defense in the league!

Dude you can't ignore the fact this guys personality has a short shelf life.

I thought the Vikings had the best defense in the NFL.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You might be really smart you might know what your talking but are you a guy people want to follow are a leader of men those can be two very different things

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bickley is advocating for Haley.

I am waiting for Vinny Joe to punch Bickely in the face during live radio show. you know it is bound to happen sooner if you listen to show for 30 minutes.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Why would we not interview him? If you want Fitz to play at least 1 more year, this is how it happens.
If we want to interview him that's fine, but please don't hire him as HC for the sole reason it gets Larry back for 1 more year. It's like everyone wanting to hire Munchak to fix our O-Line. In that case...bring in an O-Line coach. Don't fix small, short term problems with a HC hire.

Now that I've got that out....no, I don't know who we should hire, so yes I was being devil's advocate. This year's crop of potential HC's is very underwhelming IMO. Felt a lot better last time chasing Andy Reid and then Arians, this time we're down to position coaches I hadn't heard of before 4 months ago.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Its unfortunate he was attacked and injured but I see no problem with Haley being out in public with his wife having a drink in a bar. Sometimes you cant avoid the knuckleheads who confront you. If he was leaving and then got punked outside the bar its not on him. But if he was protecting his wife from some POS mouthing off and going at her and then I like Haley all the more.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was bitter at one time how it went down between Haley and Q. I can't even remember what happened. I'm over it. I don't care if Haley has an edge to him... I don't need him to come over for dinner or be my friend, the team needs a coach and I think he's a good one.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
and whats all this ******** that hiring haley is going to bring larry back??

news flash... both Larry and Warner are pretty good guys who go out of their way to never say bad things about other people...
so all you folks who somehow think Larry loves this guy?? really??

out of all the golf Larry plays in the off season,....how many holes has he ever done with Todd Haley??
I have seen photos of him golfing with tons of NFL guys... but never Haley...

not talking community fund raiser tourney, but just dudes out having fun...come on,...lets see the pics

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
and whats all this ******** that hiring haley is going to bring larry back??

news flash... both Larry and Warner are pretty good guys who go out of their way to never say bad things about other people...
so all you folks who somehow think Larry loves this guy?? really??

out of all the golf Larry plays in the off season,....how many holes has he ever done with Todd Haley??
I have seen photos of him golfing with tons of NFL guys... but never Haley...

not talking community fund raiser tourney, but just dudes out having fun...come on,...lets see the pics
Maybe Haley doesnt golf? Which is another +.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If an NFL organization loses talented people for cohesiveness all that will be left is high draft pick year after year.