World Series Game 1 5 PM Friday

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That was a damn good game - superstar painted our pitcher into a corner in the end - it was masterful how he controlled the pitch count until he got exactly what he homered
Wasn't Segers homerun on the first pitch?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Midnight cant zzz hard gm loss to take

Keep thinkin in a weird way maybe loss is ok in gm 1 give dbacks mainly stupid relievers sorry just upset atm.... motivation in a everest peak gm 2

Gonna try few hrs rest for tom...

Have faith :) az fans

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
,,,,,,, when Castro came into face Garcia he would be the last batter
I predicted the same to my lady,,,,,this ball is going to the fans to end this. The Backs pissed away this game.

When Walker comes to bat,,,I go take a whiz as we know he swipes at anything....pathetic.
Bullpen blew this game, and Castro should be in A league.
Disappointed is an understatement.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Game was already over. Giving up a walk then a 2R HR to Seager in the bottom of the 9th after Sewald had been lights out all postseason sealed the fate.

Garcia in extras was inevitable.
Torrey had settled into the math against Philly of letting anyone but Harper and Schwarber beat us. We were also fortunate that Trae Turner had an awful series.

Walks to the 9 hitter don’t allow for that. But yes should’ve walked or pitched around Garcia.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tough loss. Arizona definitely has what it takes but they gotta execute late. Can’t leave a high fastball to Seager in that location but it’s Sewald’s first blown save of the postseason.

DBacks need to put it behind them and start hot in game 2. Last thing you want is game 1 to bleed into game 2 and not come out with the right intensity/focus

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
It is nearly always an adventure with Sewald's Folly. There was a reason the Mariners traded away their closer when they were still in the race for a playoff spot. This was bound to happen and was some kind of weird karma payback for what the St. Louis Cardinals did to the Texas Rangers in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series (coincidentally, that happened 12 years ago on 10/27/2011). Mere coincidence? I don't think so.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We were down 0-2 to an arguably better team and came back to win, so can’t write off the team yet. Just a bad time for Sewald to have his worst night of the postseason.
No surprise with Seager's HR, he's one of the best hitters in baseball. The walk Taveras earned to leadoff the inning is what forced Seawald into a bad situation. Taveras has been expanding the zone of late so I understand what seawald was trying to do. Taveras wasn't great yesterday in the OF, but he has been an unsung hero for Texas. cannot write off the d-backs or the rangers in any of these games. AZ were the first team that chased Eovaldi and the rangers had not won a late rally game for the entire playoffs. I did not see either of those two scenarios playing out for game 1. I don't think we can go off of last series opponents as a sign for what will come in this series. no pun intended for the astros. I think an astros/Phillies WS is what everyone else predicted. the two best teams in baseball are going to decide this thing.

Last edited:

krazy2k

Veteran
Reaction score
Lovullo will be outmanaged throughout this series - Bochy is that good and has several WS championships to his credit. Dbacks players will have to outperform the Rangers players - simple as that. Didn't happen in Game 1, particularly with the Sewald choke job in the 9th.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
easy to Monday morning QB it. but Taveras deserves some credit as well. he had been striking out on balls out of the zone. if seawald throws him something that he could handle and Taveras gets on base everyone is asking why not try to strike him out. I would probably be saying the same thing though, attack the #9 hitter and if he beats you tip your cap.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It looks like hitters are attacking Gallen differently in the postseason. He needs to adjust

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It looks like hitters are attacking Gallen differently in the postseason. He needs to adjust
I thought Gallen did better than expected yesterday, based on the doom and gloom I heard building up to the game and especially the way the Rangers looked early. he limited the damage for sure and gave his team a chance. Some analysts are saying that he is worn down from pitching a lot of innings. I don't know if that is true. I know he is expected to dominate, but that's hard to do. Eovaldi was expected to do well and he did not live up to the expectations either.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Phillies were the better team, too... on paper. But that isn't what wins the games. In the MLB post season, it's really all about momentum - who seizes it and whether the other team can shift it.
Exactly momentum shifting causes pressure. players that can remain calm and execute in those high pressure situations are the ones that win. I go back to 2011 WS when both the rangers and the cardinals had that epic game 6 where both sides just kept answering. There were a lot of great players in that series. Unfortunately the cardinals had a much better pitcher for game 7. Dbacks/Yankees in 2001 was also a great example as well.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Gallen did better than expected yesterday, based on the doom and gloom I heard building up to the game and especially the way the Rangers looked early. he limited the damage for sure and gave his team a chance. Some analysts are saying that he is worn down from pitching a lot of innings. I don't know if that is true. I know he is expected to dominate, but that's hard to do. Eovaldi was expected to do well and he did not live up to the expectations either.
He might be worn down but hitters are also laying off the junk instead of flailing away and then he gets into hitters counts and they aren’t missing. I’m not going to pretend I know what adjustment should be made but he needs to switch things up.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly momentum shifting causes pressure. players that can remain calm and execute in those high pressure situations are the ones that win. I go back to 2011 WS when both the rangers and the cardinals had that epic game 6 where both sides just kept answering. There were a lot of great players in that series. Unfortunately the cardinals had a much better pitcher for game 7. Dbacks/Yankees in 2001 was also a great example as well.
That’s what Texas did last night. They stick with their game plan and when the opportunity was there they executed

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It is nearly always an adventure with Sewald's Folly. There was a reason the Mariners traded away their closer when they were still in the race for a playoff spot. This was bound to happen and was some kind of weird karma payback for what the St. Louis Cardinals did to the Texas Rangers in Game 6 of the 2011 World Series (coincidentally, that happened 12 years ago on 10/27/2011). Mere coincidence? I don't think so.
Sewald’s Folly? We most likely aren’t in the World Series if we don’t make that trade.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

His arm is cooked. Just two years ago his career high in innings pitched was 121.

He's at 237 IP this year so it's nearly double in two years.

First half OPS allowed .619. First half WHIP 1.048
2nd half OPS allowed .738 2nd half WHIP 1.211

And now the playoffs

NLWS WHIP 1.33
NLDS WHIP 1.313
NLCS WHIP 1.636
WS WHIP 1.600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard