Women's World Cup

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, how did I not know it was starting?

Should I bother watching it?

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. It is in 3 weeks.
Last night, during the Galaxy game, they played a clip of a player for the Brazil women's team. I think her name is Marta or something. It was funny because the clip was so short that you couldn't tell Marta was a woman. I yelled, "that is a man." My wife punched me for it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I went to the WWC in 99, I saw Germany VS Italy and N Korea Vs Nigeria. I was coaching a girls team at the time and we were in California playing a tournament, we all enjoyed the games. The US women have always been very technically and tactically sound, obviously they are not as physically or athletically gifted and the game is slower but its not bad soccer.

I don't watch them as much as I used to but I will probably watch the tournament this year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
2-2 tie this morning against N. korea, I wasn't about to get up at 3:55 AM or whatever it was to watch it after being up until almost 1 AM for the Cardinals game though. Not sure how the US played just the score.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Today is the first match I've seen this WWC, I couldn't sleep.

US just scored, not the most entertaining game. The US just doesn't seem to have the style they had with Hamm, Foudy, Venturini, Overbeck etc...or maybe the rest of the Worlds women have caught up?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I completely and 100 percent back Hope Solo. I do not like her criticism of Scurry, but I believe she was honest in that she wasn't trying to aim the criticism at her teammate. It was a completely moronic and idiotic decision, the coach seems now to be trying to ruin her career by kicking her off the team because of his own stupidity, and I really feel that he needs to be fired yesterday. I mean, she hadn't given up a goal in like, what, 200 + minutes? And he replaces her in the Semis because Scurry played well against that team 2 years ago? Ummm...MORON!!! Even the announcers were talking before the game about how it had caused rumblings of displeasure within the team. Ugh, I mean, that guy goes beyond moron...did he try to throw the match? Seriously?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Congratulations to Germany...first back to back winners in the short history of the WWC.

I agree with Stout 100% about Solo, Ryan overthought the match-up, he's an idiot. The US may not have beaten Brazil but they probably would have had a better chance with Solo than Scurry.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Congratulations to Germany...first back to back winners in the short history of the WWC.

I agree with Stout 100% about Solo, Ryan overthought the match-up, he's an idiot. The US may not have beaten Brazil but they probably would have had a better chance with Solo than Scurry.

Yeah, Ryan gave Hope Solo a big FU, and then got mad when she complained to the media. Uh, DUH!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
BUMP...

Womens World Cup is back again with the USA again one of the favorites. They play Australia today.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha. Didn't realize this was an old thread. Was like the WWC just started and holy cow it's over already... LOL