Wk6-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pregame thread. 10/10/22-10/15/22

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
Geno is #2 (Behind Mahomes ahead of Allen) in DYAR as of today.

Kyler is 16th. Sad!
Who is kyler throwing to and who geno throwing to? Geno basically has two number 1's maybe locket being a fringe number 1. Geno is surrounded top to bottom with better players. Maybe other than TE. Kyler is throwing to three WR's that are under 5'10. And none of the RB's seem to be able to stay healthy. The fact some of you expect the team to be so much better is baffling. Kyler is playing like trash but this arizona team in general isn't very talented.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I disagree with you on Gardeck. He is simply a much better pass rusher than CJ is at this point.

We are not the only team without a good pass rusher, there are not enough to go around. I think your expectiations are unreasonable.
But our choice wasn’t limited to gardeck or cj. That’s a faulty argument. I think it’s virtually a consensus it was time to move on from cj. To a flash in the pan coming off injury still hadn’t shown explosiveness gardeck? Questionable at the very very best.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But our choice wasn’t limited to gardeck or cj. That’s a faulty argument. I think it’s virtually a consensus it was time to move on from cj. To a flash in the pan coming off injury still hadn’t shown explosiveness gardeck? Questionable at the very very best.
It absolutely hasn't worked out, but it also hasn't been a disaster. The front seven is getting pressure, just not finishing with sacks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is kyler throwing to and who geno throwing to? Geno basically has two number 1's maybe locket being a fringe number 1. Geno is surrounded top to bottom with better players. Maybe other than TE. Kyler is throwing to three WR's that are under 5'10. And none of the RB's seem to be able to stay healthy. The fact some of you expect the team to be so much better is baffling. Kyler is playing like trash but this arizona team in general isn't very talented.

No. Hollywood, Ertz, Rondale, Green and Dortch are more than good enough.

Hollywood has completely replaced Nuks yards and TD's while he's been out so why are we so much worse than last year?

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was ready to argue, but I think this last bit is succinctly stated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think my theory that they are mini-punting on this year has some validity if you look at this years moves.

Looks like they want to resign the core and just build through the draft from now on out.
Fine idea, wrong person to execute it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
And I agree with that mostly.

Look at the Saints roster and how few players (38) they have under contract and they are -65 milion dollars under the salary cap and their average age is around 28. It's an aging roster that's expensive and not all that competitive.
Yes and they punted this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Hollywood, Ertz, Rondale, Green and Dorth are more than good enough.

Hollywood has completely replaced Nuks yards and TD's while he's been out so why are we so much worse than last year?
That's only half of the equation, but I'm sure you know that. D-Hop being out there creates more opportunities for his other teammates as well. It's the same reason why our defense is better when JJ Watt is out there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't see it.

Keim just isn't a guy that punts on a season. He's shown that in the past.

And why trade your first away for 2 years of cost controlled Hollywood if you're punting on this year? Why trade for Mullen and Ford?

I think they were hoping for more immediate contribution from two 3rd round pass rushers that was just unlikely to happen.
These are good points.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe so. But they are not trades you make if you are punting. If you are punting you pick up the best you can find on the street to fill the holes. You don't trade away draft picks.
Except they were on relatively cheap contracts verses having to spend more to sign someone.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Devil's Advocate for Keim here is that the process that landed on Ammendola was a good one. They evaluated the landscape, talked with multiple kickers, tried a group of guys out, and selected Ammendola.

If you think the process was sound, what's the objective of running the process again because he missed one kick? He also made three kicks! The same process is likely to land on the same result.
That would be true if they ran an exhaustive process. What are the chances they tried out and interviewed all candidates? I say low.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So all offseason, I essentially said the team is punting.

My reasoning:

1. The Cardinals need a salary cap reset of sorts. They have invested a ton of money in older players to get them over the hump in Kyler's early years. Most of them haven't worked out too well.

2. The Cardinals CAN'T keep relying on expensive free agents to fill needs. So, this year they saturated the pass rush position with cheaper "potential" type players like Gardeck, Thomas, Sanders, and you might consider Dimukeje in this group as well. Sprinkled in with a few veterans like Golden and Kennard. The idea is that one of the young guys sticks, and you can find more in future drafts.

3. They drafted young OL they like. They brought in Smith and Hayes to fill out the depth and develop so that they aren't paying $10 million per year on guards.

I'm not advocating this approach, but I understand it. Even with adding veteran pass rushers, I don't really think we'd see more from this team because Kyler Murray is the engine that makes this team go, and Kyler Murray hasn't taken the next step forward. When you are paying Kyler that kind of coin, he really has to make things happen even with DHop out. To me, he is the biggest culprit of the Cardinals poor start. The Rams game and Eagles game were winnable if Kyler Murray plays better. He's run out of excuses.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's the most obvious answer. This team goes as far as Kyler Murray. That's why we all worry about what he sees on the field, regarding missing open guys, sliding a yard short of the markers, not running when he can, not seeing the middle of the field passing options, etc. The Cards must have Murray improve to go further.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be true if they ran an exhaustive process. What are the chances they tried out and interviewed all candidates? I say low.

Didn’t the announcement early in the week say they brought in 3 kickers for tryout?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
lol what dude? he's allowed to wonder why the media is so infatuated with a walkthrough.

reporters ask him questions all day. Kyler can ask 1 question its not a problem
It’s not that he’s not allowed to ask, it’s that he apparently can’t comprehend why it’s being asked. And isn’t savvy enough to know that maybe that’s a question he should keep to himself. It’s like kliffs postgame comments that almost always evidence a lack of awareness. You’re better off shutting up and being considering a fool than speaking and removing all doubt.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose