Wk6-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pregame thread. 10/10/22-10/15/22

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
C
If it comes down to the kicker missing a crucial Fg in crunch time again or just flat out missed every thing Sunday, Bidwill better make an example out someone, and I’m not talking about the kicker. There’s only one guy and that’s SK
LOL, Bidwill cannot hire his boss SK

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2-9 over 40 yards in his career.

And this is the best Keim can do. Didn’t even bring in any K this week. Nope. Let’s roll with the worst kicker in the league who already had a hand in costing us one game.

What’s the worst that can happen?
What does just another loss can do for this franchise? It is just a drop in the loss ocean

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What does just another loss can do for this franchise? It is just a drop in the loss ocean
Had never really codified it before, but “loss ocean” kind of nails it for this franchise. Ahoy!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I disagree with you on Gardeck. He is simply a much better pass rusher than CJ is at this point.

We are not the only team without a good pass rusher, there are not enough to go around. I think your expectiations are unreasonable.
Except you referenced last year, not this year. Gardeck has done and won't do anything close to what CJ did last season. CJ's form this year is irrelevant. He therefore has not adequately replaced CJ as you stated.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why TF would they keep the same garbage kicker and not sign someone else?

What has better odds?

The kicker who just had another week of practice with a new snapper and holder. Or some other scrub off the street who's going to get a few days practice at best?

Maybe this time Kliff can not play for a 40+ yard FG to tie the game.

Stout

Reaction score
What has better odds?

The kicker who just had another week of practice with a new snapper and holder. Or some other scrub off the street who's going to get a few days practice at best?

Maybe this time Kliff can not play for a 40+ yard FG to tie the game.
Clearly another scrub off the street, because practice isn't going to polish a turd into gold. Other teams sign street FA kickers that have done better. Why not try to do better? He couldn't even kick them in pre-game!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think my theory that they are mini-punting on this year has some validity if you look at this years moves.

Looks like they want to resign the core and just build through the draft from now on out.
That intimates that our FO has some sort of plan beyond reactionary roster building....

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think my theory that they are mini-punting on this year has some validity if you look at this years moves.

Looks like they want to resign the core and just build through the draft from now on out.

I don't see it.

Keim just isn't a guy that punts on a season. He's shown that in the past.

And why trade your first away for 2 years of cost controlled Hollywood if you're punting on this year? Why trade for Mullen and Ford?

I think they were hoping for more immediate contribution from two 3rd round pass rushers that was just unlikely to happen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clearly another scrub off the street, because practice isn't going to polish a turd into gold. Other teams sign street FA kickers that have done better. Why not try to do better? He couldn't even kick them in pre-game!

There are only turds available. It's all turds as far as the eye can see.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't see it.

Keim just isn't a guy that punts on a season. He's shown that in the past.

And why trade your first away for 2 years of cost controlled Hollywood if you're punting on this year? Why trade for Mullen and Ford?

I think they were hoping for more immediate contribution from two 3rd round pass rushers that was just unlikely to happen.
Those were desperation trades, not trades done early or even in the middle of the offseason as part of a plan. They held back on a lot of spending, didn't fill obvious holes, and kept their powder dry for next season. Which is bad, because we have tons of holes to fill next season.

Let's put it this way: If this is him going for it, he's more of a dolt than I'd assumed.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
2-9 over 40 yards in his career.

And this is the best Keim can do. Didn’t even bring in any K this week. Nope. Let’s roll with the worst kicker in the league who already had a hand in costing us one game.

What’s the worst that can happen?

young kickers turn it around all the time -- so i kinda understand taking the chance --IF you are Kansas City.

but he proved in KC that he is likely the same guy from last year.

then he proved last week that he is the same guy from last year.

If you are Kliff: i think you have to go for it on 4th down, almost regardless of distance if you are anywhere from the Seahawks 19 to the 40. I know i would.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those were desperation trades, not trades done early or even in the middle of the offseason as part of a plan. They held back on a lot of spending, didn't fill obvious holes, and kept their powder dry for next season. Which is bad, because we have tons of holes to fill next season.

Let's put it this way: If this is him going for it, he's more of a dolt than I'd assumed.

Maybe so. But they are not trades you make if you are punting. If you are punting you pick up the best you can find on the street to fill the holes. You don't trade away draft picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The Devil's Advocate for Keim here is that the process that landed on Ammendola was a good one. They evaluated the landscape, talked with multiple kickers, tried a group of guys out, and selected Ammendola.

If you think the process was sound, what's the objective of running the process again because he missed one kick? He also made three kicks! The same process is likely to land on the same result.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle's defense is...

Bottom of the league vs rushing.
Bottom of the league vs slot WRs.
Bottom of the league vs TEs.

The Cards throw the the sidelines 83% of the time. Joint 2nd in the league.

Can Kliff adjust?
I think that is more a Kyler than Kliff thing.

Do I think we adjust in the passing game - No. Will we run the ball more, hopefully.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth I have a feeling Kyler is going to have a good game on Sunday. But we (he) has to start much better. Needs to be much more urgency and focus early.

What are the odds the Mariners have a playoff game and the time is moved?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave