WK 3 Detroit Lions @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 09/21/20-09/26/20

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sound D good O less penalties and no injuries ... a Win is paramount to advance to week 4 and have a chance for a WC spot for now.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I come into every week with concern. Remember, they made us look terrible for 3 quarters last year.
In the first NFL game for both Kliff and Kyler. Had we been able to play them in like week 10 last year we would have handled them much better. Not to mention we are much more talented on both sides of the ball this year.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In the first NFL game for both Kliff and Kyler. Had we been able to play them in like week 10 last year we would have handled them much better. Not to mention we are much more talented on both sides of the ball this year.
I don't doubt it, but it's still gonna take me a few weeks before there's the kind of confidence in me that we can beat teams we should beat.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As they say .. we focus on us and execution and the other team doesn't matter. I think this team is really letting that concept sink in. The past is the past... Treat it as such.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Very similar to the Washington game except substitute the Lions offense for the Redskins defensive line as the potential for upset.

The Cardinals only lose this game if they give it away. The Lions defense is not good. We should not struggle to move the ball. The Lions offense is not aggressive and is fairly easy to predict. I believe Patricia will choose to bring pressure after watching Kyler carve up Rivera's zones. This will give Kyler opportunities to make big plays and to make turnovers. So far he has been good at limiting turnovers.

On defense, Vance is going to be tested. We will see if his team can play assignment football. So far, teams have mostly missed the breakdowns we have had or it really hasn't mattered. Detroit tries to play slow and we like to play fast. We will have opportunities to pull away and make the Lions do things they don't want to do.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Detriots defense seems pretty bad this year. Apparently no pass rush or push from dline plus Okudah struggling badly. Really curious to see what offensive can do without having to worry about monster dline for 1st time this season

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nervous last week about Wash D, now the Lions O is the issue. Can we cover a good WR room, and TE again.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imo..

If Golliday is back it will be the first true test for Vance this year.

Jimmy G lost both starting wrs. Terry McLaurin is a legit WR, but Haskins has a ways to go.

If anything Kyler needs to be SHARP this week. Cant have any turnovers and needs to be more accurate.

Dont want to give that team life.
I'm torn on playing golladay or believing in peterson

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is a little scary to me for one reason. I don't trust our corners, and up to this point they have not been tested at all.
Im Concerned about this. Peterson was getting beat a lot on Sunday but Haskins sucks so it didn't matter much

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We were bad last year and yet we tied the Lions who were better then last year.

The Lions are weaker and the Cards are stronger. Patricia is about done. We should not lose this game if we are suppose to be contenders.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We need to jump on this team hard and fast
Make sure they understand this ain’t the same team they played last season
We have improved exponentially more than the lions in the off season
Jump up early and make them one dimensional so CJ and the boys can eat

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Im Concerned about this. Peterson was getting beat a lot on Sunday but Haskins sucks so it didn't matter much

I believe opposing QBs missed at least two big opportunities where the WR torched PP in each game due to our pass rush causing poor decisions , if memory serves.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I believe opposing QBs missed at least two big opportunities where the WR torched PP in each game due to our pass rush causing poor decisions , if memory serves.

This happens all the time though. Receivers have a distinct advantage over DBs. That's why pass defense is a combination of pass rush and pass coverage. The Cardinals have a better mix this year than they did last year; the rush gets there a lot more often and the middle of the defense has better players.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We need to take advantage & target Okudah ala Murphy last season. The rookie gave up over 100 yards & td in last game from what I saw off his PFF ratings.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lions have done the best job at limiting running QBs from gaining a bunch of yards.

So I dont expect Kyler to run much this week. Kyler's gotta be patient in the pocket.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose