Wk 17-Arizona Cardinals @ Dallas Cowboys Pre Game Thread. 12/27/21-01/01/22

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s been disruptive in the backfield often. I’m sure some fans are excited to see more Gardeck.
Who has done far less than Golden in every single game. But fans are all about "what have you done lately? BUM!"

Maybe we will actually see Collins get reps in that spot? Or, maybe Gardeck plays there, and Collins plays Gardecks spot? (Which I have been asking for, for weeks now.)

Either way, I expect Dallas to be ready to attack whomever gets Goldens reps. Point of attack, misdirections... I would expect it all.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah THIS is why a professional football struggles to be elite. Because some rando on a sports board makes a silly comment. Okay. Congrats on making an even sillier comment.
No but a fan base can sure piss off players Not to come. It’s one reason why sport reporters for those towns don’t ask the really hard questions because they don’t want to piss them off. Really. Say what you want but players are prima donnas and don’t want to deal with being trashed

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Who has done far less than Golden in every single game. But fans are all about "what have you done lately? BUM!"

Maybe we will actually see Collins get reps in that spot? Or, maybe Gardeck plays there, and Collins plays Gardecks spot? (Which I have been asking for, for weeks now.)

Either way, I expect Dallas to be ready to attack whomever gets Goldens reps. Point of attack, misdirections... I would expect it all.

I think you will see Simmons in spots, but a heavy dose of Kennard. Wouldnt mind Budda up there nosing around more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No but a fan base can sure piss off players Not to come. It’s one reason why sport reporters for those towns don’t ask the really hard questions because they don’t want to piss them off. Really. Say what you want but players are prima donnas and don’t want to deal with being trashed
Sorry this is ridiculous. The best sports towns in the country have press and fans that are really hard on teams/players. Their comments don’t hold teams back or cause players to play elsewhere. AZ is soft town in terms of the criticism it’s players receive in all sports.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Feel like Shane jinxed us when he called the Cowboys pretenders 3 weeks ago. Good going Shane.:mad:;)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, beat them this week and it will be our best win of the year. Can flip the narrative that this team just had its humble pie stretch and now are back ready to roll.

Just get it done.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cowboys can run. Cardinals can't stop the run.
Cowboys have really good receivers. Cardinals can't cover receivers good or bad.
Cowboys can rush the passer. Cardinals OLine can't protect.
Cowboys have a terrible time managing coach. Cardinals do as well. This is a push.

So, all in all, I see the end result being.....CARDINALS 30 COWBOYS 21!!!!

<queue Rocky music>

Against all odds Cards win!!! Cards win!!!

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry this is ridiculous. The best sports towns in the country have press and fans that are really hard on teams/players. Their comments don’t hold teams back or cause players to play elsewhere. AZ is soft town in terms of the criticism it’s players receive in all sports.
Most of those cities suck. I am so glad I don't live in some of those holes.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Cowboys schedule has seemed pretty soft.
I think if you look at the QB's that they have faced, yes they haven't really been challenged by a gauntlet of elite QB's. Even the NE win, it was impressive because the patriots have a good defense and the cowboys basically shredded them, but Mac Jones isn't elite. they've beaten the teams that they should beat for the most part, so you could say their wins aren't that impressive, but I still thinking winning 10+ games in the NFL is impressive, it is certainly better than what they have done the last few years. but they've lost to KC and TB so if you are looking for an indicator of where they stand come playoff time I think that they have a lot to prove.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Feel like Shane jinxed us when he called the Cowboys pretenders 3 weeks ago. Good going Shane.:mad:;)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

However, beat them this week and it will be our best win of the year. Can flip the narrative that this team just had its humble pie stretch and now are back ready to roll.

Just get it done.
it's hard to say with Dallas as to whether these stats translate to the playoffs. The stats that I'm most impressed with are the forced turnovers and scores on defense because those type of plays travel well and win playoff games. Dallas are over covered and overrated, so it's hard to know what to expect from them. I think making the second round of the playoffs is a fair expectation based on the results from the season, and making the NFC title game would be a successful season. Prescott only has one playoff win in his career as compared to Rodgers and Brady that have too many to count, I don't think that he can out duel those 2 without some major help from his defense. Dallas are more explosive on offense at home because they are able to communicate well at the line of scrimmage, there is a clear drop in their offense on the road, although I wouldn't say they are a bad road team. Nevertheless, this is a big game in my opinion because it is two teams that have 10+ wins and are both going to the playoffs. Given AZ's recent struggles, I think many will rightfully celebrate if the cardinals win, and regardless the loser won't have much time to hang their head because there could be a rematch in the playoffs.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I'm KM, I watch as much game tape as possible on #7 Diggs (which in KM's case, won't be much..) and try my best not to fit any throws in a tight window around him. All of his PDs and INTs this year, Diggs baits the QB by giving the receiver a ~3 ft cushion then closes in with really impressive speed. Kinda a la Deion and pre-PEDs PP21 in their primes. I guess since Nuk is out, Diggs will be covering a combination of AJ Green/Kirk on the outside.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm KM, I watch as much game tape as possible on #7 Diggs (which in KM's case, won't be much..) and try my best not to fit any throws in a tight window around him. All of his PDs and INTs this year, Diggs baits the QB by giving the receiver a ~3 ft cushion then closes in with really impressive speed. Kinda a la Deion and pre-PEDs PP21 in their primes. I guess since Nuk is out, Diggs will be covering a combination of AJ Green/Kirk on the outside.
Diggs leads the league in interceptions AND yards given up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison