Wk 12-Los Angeles Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals PreGame thread. 11/22/22-11/26/22

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I do think the Kyler running it 10 times stat holds more weight as we don't tend to run him more to grind the clock down.

Kliff needs to pull out the designed runs more and also Kyler needs to be more aware of opportunities to run it. I've seen a few times this season where he could have had big runs to one side or another but was oblivious.
I’ve said this before, but I think kylers biggest runs have been on pass plays. If he can determine that the defense is playing man he should have an audible to send his receivers deep. Make all the defenders in coverage turn their backs to him, and then have him take off. He needn’t take the pounding that Justin fields has, but that’s one of the ways fields has been killing defenses.

The designed runs tend to be good for 5-10 yards, but they don’t catch the DBs unaware because there’s never a fake pass element. It’s always pretty obvious from the get-go it’s a run. Perhaps it’s not really possible due to the oline.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Technically there are 6 teams right now who are above the Cardinals The Seahawks currently hold the last spot (7th position), the Commanders, Packers, Lions, Saints and Falcons are all ahead of the Cardinals.

Four of the six remaining teams on the Cardinal's schedule are presently either holding a playoff spot, (Bucs 4th.) or are in the thick of things, Patriots are 8th, Chargers are 9th and Falcons are 9th. so none of these teams are going to be pushovers and will be pulling out all stops in games to claw their way into the number seven position or better. The Falcons still have a very legitimate shot at their division and the Bucs will be trying to hold them off since they are only separated by a 1/2 game right now.

The Cardinals, in the meantime basically need to 5 of their last 6 games just to get to nine wins to have any shot at a playoff spot and it may still not be enough.

Even the Broncs game will have it's difficulties when you consider that Russell Wilson is the QB. Which team does Wilson have more career wins against than any other team, one guess, if you said the Cardinals you would have the correct answer. He has beaten the Cardinals 11 times, more than any other team he has played against.

The road to the playoffs for the Cardinals is long and full of all types of roadblocks along the way. Does anyone see this team overcoming the challenges that are ahead of them?
Nope, notta chance lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Dortch makes it. I think Hollywood plays slot and Green outside.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chargers at Cardinals

Chargers WR Mike Williams (ankle) is not going to play on Sunday. S Nasir Adderley (thumb) is listed as doubtful and CB Michael Davis (knee) is the team’s lone player with a questionable designation.

QB Kyler Murray (hamstring) is set to return to the Cardinals lineup after missing the last two games. T D.J. Humphries (back), WR Rondale Moore (groin), CB Byron Murphy (back), and S Charles Washington (chest) will not be in the lineup. WR Greg Dortch (thumb) and QB Trace McSorley (illness) are listed as questionable.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This week is a win-win. Cardinals win and I celebrate the win. Chargers win and Staley is closer to keeping his job and Kliff is closer to losing his. I prefer the first but would find some solace in the second.
I’m right here with ya.. would prefer a win, and for our young QB to show something to look forward to - but I feel a win prolongs the potential firing of Kliffy.