Without a pass rush we have managed to break 3/5 of the quarterbacks we have faced

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Think about this. We have literally broken 3 of the quarterbacks we have faced even with no real edge rushers.

Cutler
Kaepernick
Stafford

These are all guys who have heir weaknesses but they are also all guys who have been highly regarded at one point or another.

And we have broken them all like their names were Delhome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
Well the tests will only get tougher.

The easy part of our schedule is over.

Okay maybe not completely with the Ravens and Browns on deck after Pittsburgh but after that it's brutal. GB, SEA x2, Cin, @STl, @PHI.

And it appears without our #1 OLB with the way Arians and our beat writers were talking about the injury situation. We are going to see how this team stacks up against some of the best teams in the league pretty soon here. So far they've done all thats asked of them and gotten the job done. Winning on the road is never easy and we are 2-0. The old Cardinals couldn't do that

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the tests will only get tougher.

The easy part of our schedule is over.

Okay maybe not completely with the Ravens and Browns on deck after Pittsburgh but after that it's brutal. GB, SEA x2, Cin, @STl, @PHI.

And it appears without our #1 OLB with the way Arians and our beat writers were talking about the injury situation. We are going to see how this team stacks up against some of the best teams in the league pretty soon here. So far they've done all thats asked of them and gotten the job done. Winning on the road is never easy and we are 2-0. The old Cardinals couldn't do that

especially by a combined score of 90-40.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cutler, Kapernick and Stafford are probably all some of the worst starting QBs in the NFL today. You could make a valid argument that none of them should even be starting.

The true test will come when they play against GB, and Cincy.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cutler, Kapernick and Stafford are probably all some of the worst starting QBs in the NFL today. You could make a valid argument that none of them should even be starting.

There are easily 9 teams that would take Culter or Stafford this very moment, so I don't know how true that is.

Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers, Texans, Browns, Chiefs, Jets, Dolphins and Bills. And the Broncos should also be thrown in there, but would never admit it.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Stafford is a fantastic QB that is suffering in a crappy system.

OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Stafford is a fantastic QB that is suffering in a crappy system.

It blows my mind how Stafford is taking the blame for how bad the Lions offense is. Jim Caldwell is taking so little heat, and it' baffling. He is not a good coach. His entire career has been based on riding Peyton Manning's coattails, and it's so incredibly obvious. Stafford needs to be set up to make the big plays, not this quick route crap that they are forcing him to run.

I will say this, I think Stafford would be a beast in Arians' system.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
He's already cozying up to him, lol

You must be registered for see images attach

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It blows my mind how Stafford is taking the blame for how bad the Lions offense is. Jim Caldwell is taking so little heat, and it' baffling. He is not a good coach. His entire career has been based on riding Peyton Manning's coattails, and it's so incredibly obvious. Stafford needs to be set up to make the big plays, not this quick route crap that they are forcing him to run.

Summed up perfectly

Every time he UNLOADED it down field (man, what an arm this guy has) I was holding my breath.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pic DeAnna!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
His skill set and the issues he is having lately are so similar to Palmer it's sort of eerie.

He's only 27yrs old and under contract with Detroit thru 2017. Caption should read:

"In 2 more years, baby, we'll be together."

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ive been hoping we can land him or Luck in a few years if their teams keep falling apart.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stafford in 2015 = Carson Palmer in 2010.

I tend to agree with this. I watch a fair amount of Lions because my brother is a fan.. (poor guy).. Stafford is like Cutler in a way, always seems to make a bad decision or throw at exactly the wrong time.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's only 27yrs old and under contract with Detroit thru 2017. Caption should read:

"In 2 more years, baby, we'll be together."

It could be even sooner than that...

Plenty of articles out there indicating the Lions could move on after this season.

Is 2nd-Half Benching the Beginning of the End for Matthew Stafford in Detroit?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-of-the-end-for-matthew-stafford-in-detroit

Stafford signed a three-year, $53 million contract extension two years ago, and his potential cap hit finally becomes manageable after this season. If the Lions decided to move on from Stafford after the season, the organization would save $11.5 million in cap space, per Spotrac.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
You know what? That Bears win may look impressive as time goes on. I fully expect them to get back to 3-3 this week and maybe even 4-3 the week after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson