Will we be

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
ecstatic with the speed at which Cards hire their new GM and/or Coach or will be grumbling next week when the coach pool dries up?

Which team will hire their coaches before us - Bills, Bears, Chargers, Chiefs, Browns or Eagles

How fast the Cards move will be a telling sign as we do not have Graves to blame for the snail pace movement.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Listen, if this takes more than 24-48 hours then it's the proverbial 'same old sorry ass Cardinals.'

Horton is the guy, he lives down the street and has to come into the office today. Figure it out.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Listen, if this takes more than 24-48 hours then it's the proverbial 'same old sorry ass Cardinals.'

Horton is the guy, he lives down the street and has to come into the office today. Figure it out.

And there is no need to do the Rooney Rule if he really is they guy, so that won't even hold things up.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's funny is for the past decade or so, I guess since "Come and talk to me!" Ferguson, it's been on Graves to get various moves done. Now is a showcase of how true his apparent slow and prodding nature was.

Have some optimism as some good signings early in free agency? Maybe.

Overall for the first time in a decade we have less ability to speculate on since Graves isn't here anymore.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the hell is the matter with you people? Are you still wondering if we are the "Same old Cardinals". Of course we are! History doesn't lie. What's the likelihood that the Cardinals make consecutive solid HC hires? Let me help you. If our past is any indication, then I would say the answer is "not good". In our HISTORY, we've never been able to do that. People in the know are ridiculing the Cardinals for laying blame on Whiz. Whiz is well respected around the league & will be better off elsewhere. But we will be reduced to hiring someone desperate to be a HC for the 1st time or hiring someone who's failed elsewhere. Another dark day in a dark Cardinal history.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is the matter with you people? Are you still wondering if we are the "Same old Cardinals". Of course we are! History doesn't lie. What's the likelihood that the Cardinals make consecutive solid HC hires? Let me help you. If our past is any indication, then I would say the answer is "not good". In our HISTORY, we've never been able to do that. People in the know are ridiculing the Cardinals for laying blame on Whiz. Whiz is well respected around the league & will be better off elsewhere. But we will be reduced to hiring someone desperate to be a HC for the 1st time or hiring someone who's failed elsewhere. Another dark day in a dark Cardinal history.

I feel really old today. Like no one has a sense of history with this team and I am the grouchy old man yelling "You kids get off my lawn"

LOL

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

You sound like you have been to this rodeo before like I have...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

It only took two more tries for the dummies who hired Mac to hire your favorite, the Whiz. So there is still hope...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I feel really old today. Like no one has a sense of history with this team and I am the grouchy old man yelling "You kids get off my lawn"

LOL

Seriously. It isn't that there aren't other good GM and head coaching candidates, it's that I don't believe the Bidwills will hire them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You sound like you have been to this rodeo before like I have...

About 50 years worth!! Is everyone on this board that young or just ignorant of what we're dealing with? I was hoping that Michael was somehow different from Daddy. But after today, I don't think so. Either that or Daddy is still making ALL the decisions. Whiz was the best option to turn this thing around quickly. Now it's back to square one, which mean 25 years in human life. It won't turn around in my lifetime! God help us.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

LOL

You have to be old to remember the last time the Cards hired good coaches back to back. Charley Winner and Wally Lemm. Then they made a horrible mistake with Bob Holloway but followed that up with Coryell.

McGinnis was well respected around the NFL and people were saying the Cards were crazy to get rid of him too.

But, I would have been just fine with keeping CKW and just getting rid of his BFF Grimm.

Same old Cardinals? I don't think so. Back in the day they'd have waited until after the SB to fire the HC or else have changed the locks on his office while he was in SF.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Since most of the board doesn't agree with a small segment, the majority doesn't understand the decades of futility the organization has gone through. Firing a coach that was grossly under-performing for several years also clearly makes no sense to these few posters, which means we are back to the 'Same Old Cards.'

If we were the 'Same Old Cards' we would not only have brought back a coach mired in three straight years of failure, but we would have given him an extension. THAT would have been a SOC type of move. After taking Green's roster to the SB, KW has systematically deconstructed any kind of effective offense, to the point of utter futility. It was time for him to go.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn