Will Fitz play this weekend?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Fitz was reported as having a knee sprain and a bone contusion after the game in San Francisco, I am wondering if anyone has a better report on him (participation in practice, any structural damage, etc.) and more specifically whther or not he will play vs. DET.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If he isn't 100% I say rest him, we should be able to handle Detroit with Boldin, Breaston & Doucet. Sort of like holding out Boldin against Chicago.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Sit him? Um, NO. If he's healthy enough to go, you play him. We haven't even clinched a playoff spot, let alone our division, and there's only three games left. Any player healthy enough to play PLAYS.

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
If he's healthy enough to play, I don't think you could sit him

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
his presence on the field is very important. He'll draw some coverage and open give some opportunities to other WR's

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sit him? Um, NO. If he's healthy enough to go, you play him. We haven't even clinched a playoff spot, let alone our division, and there's only three games left. Any player healthy enough to play PLAYS.

+1

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really can't trust a players judgment. I was listening to an interview with the great Joe Montana. He said players (including himself) would lie all the time about their health. He said they are too competitive and want to be out there.

My preference would be that if the Docs think he is OK without risk to further injury you play him. There is nothing that says you can't take a reserved approach with Larry. You can reduce his role during the game. If there is a high risk of further injury you sit him. Period.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
If Fitz has a little tenderness in his knee during the game he can always take a breather and let Doucet loose to take advantage of his quickness. I know Doucet has dropped a few but so did Fitz when he first started to play.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think you sit him period. Boldin & Nipple can handle it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not even a discussion. Hes gonna play

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard