15 thoughts - Giants game

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if he's back next year.

Beachum is going to want to get paid and we simply don't have the money. Plus we have Josh Jones to come through. Gilbert is tied to a vet min contract in a down cap year.

Very likely they let Beachum test the market and role with Jones / Gilbert.

I agree, and I also don’t think it should be underestimated how highly the coaches thought of Gilbert before he got injured last year. Supposedly they thought he was their best offensive lineman through camp. I would not be surprised if Gilbert and Jones are battling for right tackle next camp – even if Beachum continues to play well.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if he's back next year.

Beachum is going to want to get paid and we simply don't have the money. Plus we have Josh Jones to come through. Gilbert is tied to a vet min contract in a down cap year.

Very likely they let Beachum test the market and role with Jones / Gilbert.
You sir may very well be onto something there lol? Beachum was a late addition to us & hadn't performed like this season up to this point in his career. His 2020 performance will allow him to test the market. Getting Gilbert cheap & having Jones may very well be the direction we go?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You sir may very well be onto something there lol? Beachum was a late addition to us & hadn't performed like this season up to this point in his career. His 2020 performance will allow him to test the market. Getting Gilbert cheap & having Jones may very well be the direction we go?

They simply can't afford to keep every UFA and this one makes the most sense to let go. Beachum has played well but we have Jones and Gilbert tied to a vet min deal. Beachum is going to want $5-$6m plus.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They simply can't afford to keep every UFA and this one makes the most sense to let go. Beachum has played well but we have Jones and Gilbert tied to a vet min deal. Beachum is going to want $5-$6m plus.

Meh Beachum is older now. He is more of a vet minimum guy now.

Humphries is a Pro Bowl caliber lineman now. Really the Cardinals need one more guy to reach that level. Beachum is solid.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh Beachum is older now. He is more of a vet minimum guy now.

Humphries is a Pro Bowl caliber lineman now. Really the Cardinals need one more guy to reach that level. Beachum is solid.

It's a league starved of tackles and Beachum is currently 3rd in Pro Bowl voting for tackles by the look of it (believe it or not). There will be several teams looking for a good tackle that they can pay $5-$6m instead of $15m until the cap goes back up. And he can play either side.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is Gilbert tied to anything right now? He was on a 1 year deal so he opted out & took the amount offered for opting out.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6 & 13
Justin Murray & Gaillard should both be starting. I think Mason Cole is just not that strong. I watched Gaillard in the SEC against many strong & physical defensive lineman & he's better suited for the position imo. Much stronger. Our OL is better when them 2 are in there. Sweezy will be gone after this season & Murray will be the starting RG. Pugh has 1 more year on his deal so the front office will have to decide about him after 2021.

Not only is Cole not that strong, his reactions are too slow. I've never seen a center get swim moved so many times by 350 lb DTs in a tight space.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not only is Cole not that strong, his reactions are too slow. I've never seen a center get swim moved so many times by 350 lb DTs in a tight space.
Thanks for pointing that out cause I've noticed that also. Maybe Cole doesn't know how to swim lol?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave