Why Plummer will succeed in Denver where Arizona failed him...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DCCardsFan
I have certainly questioned Jake's decisionmaking over the years, as I have questioned his deep ball. He makes some bonehead plays.

But the criticisms don't end there, brat. They go much farther, into the zone of lies. And that's when I step in to argue.

I'll explain why I think Jake is inaccurate, and it's not just his completion %.

I've said it before the difference between the NFL and college is huge, in college it's not uncommon to have guys 5 or even more yards behind the defense because so many college games are total mismatches where a team like Miami has guys on their 3rd string that would star on the other team. IN college the QB is not required to be able to get the ball into tight spaces, if he can that's great, but most college QB's don't have to make "tough" throws consistently. That's how a guy like Ken Dorsey goes 38-2 and then lasts until round 7 because he was always throwing to wide open WR's.

In the NFL the "window" is much smaller, there is the occasional breakdown but usually you don't get too many instances where your WR is so open that there's nobody near him. To be a really GOOD NFL QB you have to be able to make throws in tight spaces. And you have to be able to put the ball in the right place so that if your guy can't catch it, nobody else can.

My belief on Jake is the reason his % is low, and his INT's are high, is he can't do that. So he tries to put the ball through the small window but its late, or low, or high or left or right, and it gets deflected or picked. That's why he has so many INT's, that's why has so many "almost" INT's, and that's why his % is lower.

The counter is his % is low because he's under pressure, his WR's aren't open, so he's throwing balls away. Problem is if he did that, he wouldn't have all the INT's. The only way that you can get both the low % and the picks, if you're NOT throwing the ball into the safe spot.

There's no question he's been in bad situations, and if he starts 16 games this year he probably will break his career highs for % and TD's, but I think you have to judge it based on what would other guys do with that same talent? I suspect most really good NFL Qb's would be able to go 20 TD 10 INT in Denver rather easily with that talent, I don't see Jake doing that.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Let me finish my lunch first, then I'd be more than happy to drag you around your own board for a while.

You're using 2002 as an argument for Plummer? How valiant.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Two tacos, a spicey chicken sammich and a medium coke. $5.80

You suck.

When the hell is JiB going to expand to DC????

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Two tacos, a spicey chicken sammich and a medium coke. $5.80

I am gonna go out to lunch now - probably Houston's at the Esplanade - and get meself some chow - all this food talk is making me hungry

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I have faith in Jake Plummer.

I believe he will perform in Denver about the same that he performed in Arizona. I think Denver will have less patience than Arizona did. I don't see Denver waiting 6 years hoping the guy can learn to better read NFL defenses. :rolleyes:

jake gets two years to stink it up in denver.

If he plays poorly enough they might kick him to the curb after just one. they won't tolerate a loser in denver.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Frankly John, we're not coming to Orange Mane because this topic has been beaten to death for six years.

Fans can only take so much, before we're sick and tired of talking about something.

As Brian said, many of us have watched Jake for TEN YEARS. We know Jake much better than any Bronco fan.

good lord. I'm so SICK of typing about plummer.

but I tell you what, nothing pushes a cardinals fans buttons like the mention of his name.

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Taco John
You've got to be kidding me?

THIS thread constitutes as smack?

hey man, you gotta crawl before you can walk...we Cardinals fans never really have much smack to talk to other teams

OP
OP
T

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
I should say so...

I get a thread deleted out of the blue... No warning... No policy broken that I know of... Just deleted...

And then a legitimate discussion thread moved to the smack forum, apparently because people are so weary of the discussion they can't refrain themselves from posting on about it for 10+ pages...

I'm not one for bashing mods, because I'm an admin of a board, but...

...no...

...I'll hold my tongue.

...at least here, I'll hold it...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is this really still going on - and if you don't like the moderators or the people on this board - YOU CAN LEAVE - IT'S JUST THAT EASY - Otherwise - talk football - don't just come on here and bash us a fans and bash the people that run on the site you are posting on - that's just ********.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
is this really still going on - and if you don't like the moderators or the people on this board - YOU CAN LEAVE - IT'S JUST THAT EASY - Otherwise - talk football - don't just come on here and bash us a fans and bash the people that run on the site you are posting on - that's just ********.

Nice post Cheese

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Taco John
You've got to be kidding me?

THIS thread constitutes as smack?

When the thread is started by a fan of another team and is meant toi be inflamatory...then yes it is. What do you care? It is still here and so are you.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok. So I post once a day instead of once every five minutes. If you answer my questions, Taco Juan, I won't have much of a chance to respond but here goes anyway.

What makes you think that the same stock answers can answer every point which is raised against Jake? The "superior talent" argument is the Broncos Fans' tacheon pulse. Ever watch Star Trek: The Next Generation? There was not a single astro-phenomenal peril which couldn't be rectified by reconfiguring the main deflector relay and producing a tacheon pulse. Bad writing then, bad logic now on your part.

Will a better running game keep Jake from under-throwing receivers?

Do you deny that Jake had his worst games last year when the complimentary talent was healthiest? Check the stats, he was sucking hardcore when the Cards were winning.

Do you think Shanny can rectify Jake's bad eyesight? When a dude lives in your community little tidbitts arise which outsiders are unaware of.

Can you honestly say that your wide receiver corp is better than ours was in 2001? Jake had his best season, he threw 2 more touchdowns than tds. That's a bad year for David Klingler (Ok, that's hyperbole.)

Will a better running game keep Jake from fumbling snaps?

Will Shannon Sharpe punk Jake the first time Jake yells at him for not catching a ball that is thrown into the bleachers?

Was the cards running game really that bad last year? Ok, we didn't have Portis numbers, but to claim that the Cards running game sucked is an exageration. Sucking is '97 not 2002.

Can you teach someone not to be dumb? Listen to him next time he speaks, his diction is comparable to that of an eighth grader. Stupid is as stupid does, and stupid tosses behind the back passes to the other team. Let me guess, a better running game would fix that though.

What are your answers? Better talent? Change of scenery? Cardinal's commitment to winning? That one is particullary galling, talk about yor false analogies. We say Jake is physicaly limited and lacks savvy and you, like evey other uncreative critic, blame the Bidwills. No one will deny that they've botched the team on numerous occaions. I will not abide the notion that their managment style has anything to do with the fact that Jake can't throw a deep out. Or a slant. Or quick out. Never the fade. Forget the skinny post. Crossing routes....uhm....no. And so on, and so on, and so on, and so on. and so on. and so on. and so on , and so on, and so on, and so on,and so on, and so on ,and so on ........you get the picture.

I'm going to bed...see everybody at Flagstaff on Saturday. I'll be the ******* singing the Cardinal's fight song.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The thing is Taco boy. Noone gives a **** about Plummer anymore. He sucks. You will see. If you have a brain you will realize how bad he is.

Every pass play is a rollout, when he should run he throws into coverage, when he should pass he throws into coverage. Occasionly he runs and it works out. But that is few and too far between.

His arm his week, so he can't hit the slant. He telegraphs the pass plays and fumbles the snap on every important 3 and 1.

He will fumble pick it up and throw to the open man, but the next play throw an int for a T.D.

I hope you guys aren't running slants or thinking play action pass is going to open up any kind up deep ball. He'll play action pass and either throw a duck to the wide open receiver who has to run BACK 20 yards, or drill it from 2 feet into the facemask of the safety valve, or 10 into the bread basket of the safety.

He has courage, he has heart, but he has no brain. He is the scarecrow. "If he only had a brain"

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Taco,

If the Cardinals offensive line was so damn inconsistant last year, how is it that Marcell Shipp excelled behind it while Plummer faltered?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
The thing is Taco boy. Noone gives a **** about Plummer anymore. He sucks. You will see. If you have a brain you will realize how bad he is.

Every pass play is a rollout, when he should run he throws into coverage, when he should pass he throws into coverage. Occasionly he runs and it works out. But that is few and too far between.

His arm his week, so he can't hit the slant. He telegraphs the pass plays and fumbles the snap on every important 3 and 1.

He will fumble pick it up and throw to the open man, but the next play throw an int for a T.D.

I hope you guys aren't running slants or thinking play action pass is going to open up any kind up deep ball. He'll play action pass and either throw a duck to the wide open receiver who has to run BACK 20 yards, or drill it from 2 feet into the facemask of the safety valve, or 10 into the bread basket of the safety.

He has courage, he has heart, but he has no brain. He is the scarecrow. "If he only had a brain"

I agree....and add the fact that he always looks great in training camp. Jake "the flake" Plummer in a nut shell.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I agree....and add the fact that he always looks great in training camp. Jake "the flake" Plummer in a nut shell.

jake the mistake

:lol:

the last camp report i saw out of denver was that "jake was still shaking off the rust"

soon "shaking off the rust" will turn into "still getting familiar with the offense", which by september will turn into "having trouble with the afc style of play". in late october it will "starting to show signs of improvement".

finally, in december it will be "looking foward to having two full years in the system" and "hopefull that the new offensive coordinators scheme will be more suited to jakes talents"

suckers!

you stupid, stupid donkey fans!

OP
OP
T

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky

I'll have my "bookie' get ahold of yours and will lay down a bet for $100 that AZ ends up with a better record than your Broncos.......OK?

Your bookie never contacted my bookie? What gives?

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
jake the mistake

:lol:

the last camp report i saw out of denver was that "jake was still shaking off the rust"

soon "shaking off the rust" will turn into "still getting familiar with the offense", which by september will turn into "having trouble with the afc style of play". in late october it will "starting to show signs of improvement".

finally, in december it will be "looking foward to having two full years in the system" and "hopefull that the new offensive coordinators scheme will be more suited to jakes talents"

suckers!

you stupid, stupid donkey fans!

Yeah Blake the mistake has done muuuuch better. Let's see a pick returned for a TD and 2 fumbles in game one and two picks and an injury in the first quarter of game 2...yeah much better bwahahaha :lmao: :lol:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I read the following in an article today. I have no idea what it means.

Asked to name his favorite pastime, Denver Broncos quarterback Jake Plummer said, "Eating Popsicles." . . .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard