Why Plummer will succeed in Denver where Arizona failed him...

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
Read it and weep....

Register too...

Mods... Feel free to pimp your site over there to raise awareness of of this forum with a reciprocating type link...

Bottom line: Plummer will succeed in Denver.:wave:

TXCardinalsFan

Feeling no pain
Reaction score
What should I be weeping about? Jake is gone. That is fact and we have a new QB. We believe in Blake and could care less how Plummer does. He's in the AFC for goodness sake. It isn't like he went to a team within our own division.

So, Denver, enjoy Jake. I could care less.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.

So you mean if you pick through 84 games of stats, and pull out the absolute best case scenario stats for a QB, you still only get a rating of 91.7?

That post has been on several boards, the problem is you're ignoring context. Did the Cards go 19-4 because they ran the ball well, or did the run the ball well because they were ahead and thus not forced to spend the whole 2nd half throwing? Did they win because of the run game, or because Jake played well in 23 games and ALLOWED them to not have to play catchup?

Remember, Denver outrushed their opponents 12 times last year, but won only 9 games so.

You may be right, he may very well play better on a better run team, or you may find that Portis has less room to run this year and wonder why.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am weeping. For joy. Sucker!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by TXCardinalsFan
What should I be weeping about? Jake is gone. That is fact and we have a new QB. We believe in Blake and could care less how Plummer does. He's in the AFC for goodness sake. It isn't like he went to a team within our own division.

So, Denver, enjoy Jake. I could care less.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Taco John
Read it and weep....

Register too...

Mods... Feel free to pimp your site over there to raise awareness of of this forum with a reciprocating type link...

He sure will...he'll succeed in being booed all the time. He'll succeed in hitting the D-backs right square in the numbers (linebackers too). He'll succeed in giving you all fits.

See, you fell into the age-old trap with stats...you only looked up the stats YOU wanted to show.

Look up how many times we've gone into huge holes because Plummer throws so many God-awful first-half interceptions. Trust me, it's a lot. Then tell me how you can even try to establish an effective running game when you're 21 points down.

Of course we never could run (until last year). Defenses basically stacked the box, decided to stop the run, and DARED Plummer to beat them in the air. He couldn't. Otherwise, they'd have dropped into normal defensive coverage and we would have seen a different story.

But, you guys go on with your self-delusional optimism. He's your problem now. :wave:

cardsfan473

In memory of a REAL Hero
Reaction score
Boy. oh boy.... I feel for the Denver fans....

If they only saw every week, what we saw.......They don't yet know the Plummer we all do...

Boy are they in for a rude awakening!

Wait till the mid way point of the season, when he has been throwing to the other team, more than his own...

I feel for them..... :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Read it and weep....

Register too...

Wow - well consdering you pulled out the stat sheet - NOW I BELIEVE YOU ARE RIGHT! But let me ask you this Taco John - what QB doesn't play well when their team outrishes the other - none - unless they are completely pathetic. Now I won't say Plummer's completely pathetic - I was a big fan of his for the first three seasons but I started noticing a trend - It seemed like we had to keep abandoning the run early in games because Jake would throw the out and have it returned for a touchdown - OOPS! All of a sudden - evey week before we knew it, we were down 7-0. On the next set of downs, Jake would fumble the ball from center/short hop an out/have a defensive back drop another pick for a touchdown. And wouldn't you know it - we were behind! What did wew have to do then? Wait a moment - we had to pass the ball! And then what happened - well consdering that the coaches needed to continually "dumb down" the playbook for Jake and even limit him throwing to one side of the field, Defensive coordinators realized - Hell - we don't need to drop more than three guys in coverage - stack the line. So we started facing more 8 man fronts - AND JAKE STILL COULDN'T DO ****!

Spare me your stats - Jake took his running game away from himself with his mistakes - now I'll grant you that the Broncos have far superior weapons to what Jake has had here and I'll grant you that you are a better team right now - BUT - You ain't going nowhere in the AFC because it's not just a matter of being better than the Cards - it's the rest of the league you should worry about preying on Jake's Ducks and Out returned for touchdowns - then we'll see what Portis can do - you'll be 8-8, 9-7 because there is so much talent on that team - but with Jake at the helm, his mistakes will overcompensate for the talent - If you think you're sniffing the Super Bowl - well then I'd say you're probably sniffing glue instead.

OP
OP
T

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
We shall see... I contend that Jake suffered in Arizona what Corey Dillon suffers in Cincinnati... Loser by association...

Between Tobin and McGinniss, I don't know... I doubt Favre could win under that kind of coaching...

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Living in NYC last season, and watching the maturation and play of Chad Pennington, brought me to conclusion that Jake had to go at all costs. His play had not progressed to a level expected of a 6yr starter. He did not even reach the level of a 2nd yr starter - he was regressing. I am so glad he is gone and I am overjoyed that we have Blake now.

Denver: he is now your problem. Enjoy it.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
We shall see... I contend that Jake suffered in Arizona what Corey Dillon suffers in Cincinnati... Loser by association...

Between Tobin and McGinniss, I don't know... I doubt Favre could win under that kind of coaching...

Shanahan will have a stroke this season watching Plummer implode. Enjoy it :)

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Taco John has over 13K posts on the Chiefs board alone.

I recommend that you have sex some time before your mid forties, Taco.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What kind of ******* reasoning is that? Was Dillon anywhere near the next to last starting RB in the league last year? Like Jake was as a QB?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Taco - Look at tape from the Cards-Chargers game last year. That was a typical Plummer performance, with the typical result.

Don't you play the Chargers twice a year?

Hey, look at that game against the Raiders from last year. Marcel Shipp rushed for 125 yards. Not a bad game for a RB. Oooh, not a great game for Plummer, though.

Don't you play the Raiders twice a year?

Hell, at least you play the Chiefs twice a year. They have one of the worst Ds in football. Anyone could light up that D. Just check the tape...

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by ajcardfan
What kind of ******* reasoning is that? Was Dillon anywhere near the next to last starting RB in the league last year? Like Jake was as a QB?

Not at all.
Dillon has rushing stats worthy of a Pro Bowler.
Plummer has a passer rating worthy of beating out the likes of... David Carr and Joey Harrington.

OP
OP
T

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Taco John has over 13K posts on the Chiefs board alone.

I recommend that you have sex some time before your mid forties, Taco.

Hmmm... sex smack huh? Nice...

My 16.7 posts a day is on par with your 16.22

Tell your mom to stop calling me.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I don't think the newest Plummet fan appreciated my take on Jake...

quote:

Well, if I could talk to the Chiefs' secondary coach, I'd tell him....
1) Plummer can't read more than half the field, at least until he, "Cuts down on his mistakes and makes better decisions."
2) Plummer cannot beat the blitz, or any other situation that involves him being in a position to, "Cut down on his mistakes and make better decisions."

If I could only talk to Kubiak, I'd save him some headaches with some friendly advice...
1) His little girly hands are good for about 10 TO's per year, probably more in the balmy Denver weather. It's alright though. Fumbling the snap from center will disappear just as soon as he, "Cuts down on his mistakes and makes better decisions."
2) The first time Shannon Sharpe is left jumping up and down, waiving his arms, and then sort of just holding them up with a confused look on his face, I'd just tell him, "Don't worry. He'll cut down on his mistakes and make better decisions."
3) When ten yard outs become a scoring opportunity for either team, I'd tell him, "Well no crap, he's got one of the weakest arms in the league."

unquote

OP
OP
T

Taco John

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
Taco - Look at tape from the Cards-Chargers game last year. That was a typical Plummer performance, with the typical result.

Don't you play the Chargers twice a year?

Hey, look at that game against the Raiders from last year. Marcel Shipp rushed for 125 yards. Not a bad game for a RB. Oooh, not a great game for Plummer, though.

Don't you play the Raiders twice a year?

Hell, at least you play the Chiefs twice a year. They have one of the worst Ds in football. Anyone could light up that D. Just check the tape...

Actually, I've got a few tapes... What I see is a guy trying to force things to players who don't have the talent to make it happen on the other end.

Sure the guy has made his share of mistakes... But it's the Cardinals... I mean... come on... It would be one thing if he was floundering on a franchise that actually tried to win every year and spent their cap allotment on that goal...

Michael Pittman didn't seem to do so bad once he left Arizona...

By the way... Did you guys realize that you replaced Plummer with Jeff Blake? You know... The guy who couldn't beat out Gus Ferrott and Jon Kitna for a job in Cinci...

If that doesn't underline my point about being on a team that doesn't care about winning, I don't know what does...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard