Why dont we make a run at Bosh?

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
What if we package Jason Richardson and Nash with picks for bosh? Give it a shot with the Twin towers...we can fill in point guards and small forwards. I mean is it that far off? Nash would be a great draw in toronto...Do you think our front office has even thought about this? Why not? we got nothing else going....thoughts?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What if we package Jason Richardson and Nash with picks for bosh? Give it a shot with the Twin towers...we can fill in point guards and small forwards. I mean is it that far off? Nash would be a great draw in toronto...Do you think our front office has even thought about this? Why not? we got nothing else going....thoughts?
Whats your starting lineup and who's your 4 bench guys given this unlikely but interesting scenario?

OP
OP
H

High Stakes

Registered
Reaction score
Whats your starting lineup and who's your 4 bench guys given this unlikely but interesting scenario?

PG-Dragic
SG-Barbosa
SF-Hill
PF-Amare
C-Bosh

Bench--amundson,lopez,fry,dudley, maybe they give us bellinili or another crap 2 guard...i mean im def not opposed to that

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

What picks? The Suns will not be able to trade a first round pick until after the 2010 NBA draft or at least until after The Thunder use the Suns unprotected first round pick. Also do you really think Toronto won't get much better offers than the above for Bosh.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Two big men, that are pretty much clones of one another in the same starting lineup. Hypothetically, if we do the trade now, both of em will want a max contract.

So we risk losing both of them for NOTHING

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no way Toronto trades Bosh for Nash, Richardson, and picks that we don't have.

1. Nash will not be traded unless he asks for a trade.
2. Nash has little value to most teams unless they are contending and in need of a point guard. I don't see Bryan Colangelo trading a young All-Star in Bosh for an aging point guard with just a couple years left in the league even if he is Canada's favorite son (sans Gretzky).
3. Richardson has negative trade value due to his contract and sporadic play.
Richardson will have value next year when his contract is expiring. The only way we trade him is if he is packaged with Stoudemire.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Suns won't have the future until Nash get traded.

Catch 22, the Suns play like crap when Nash is out of the line up. So we won't win enough regular season games to get people to buy season tickets, which means we won't have any money to pursue free agents to rebuild, and we currently have traded all our first round draft picks away. :bang:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What picks? The Suns will not be able to trade a first round pick until after the 2010 NBA draft or at least until after The Thunder use the Suns unprotected first round pick. Also do you really think Toronto won't get much better offers than the above for Bosh.

The Suns can trade any first round pick except 2010 and 2011.

You only cant trade future consecutive picks and since there are no conditions on the 2010 pick we can trade 2012, 2013 whatever.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Also, Toronto already has 3 pgs in Calderon, Jarrett Jack and Marcus Banks. We'd have to take at least one of them back.

Toronto is also playing fairly well right now, I think if they do a deadline trade it's to pick up a veteran to complement the team on a playoff push or to free up some space at the end of the year to see if they can sign an FA to keep Bosh in TO.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Catch 22, the Suns play like crap when Nash is out of the line up. So we won't win enough regular season games to get people to buy season tickets, which means we won't have any money to pursue free agents to rebuild, and we currently have traded all our first round draft picks away. :bang:
Thats because Nash is the system. Change the system and you can move Nash.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Chris Bosh is just as bad an interior defender as Amare, maybe even worse. So we do this trade, and we relegate our lone decent interior defender in Lopez to the bench, then start two swiss cheese defenders in the frontcourt, while not having a competent Point Guard to feed them the ball on the offensive side?

You must be registered for see images attach

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Chris Bosh is just as bad an interior defender as Amare, maybe even worse. So we do this trade, and we relegate our lone decent interior defender in Lopez to the bench, then start two swiss cheese defenders in the frontcourt, while not having a competent Point Guard to feed them the ball on the offensive side?

Out of curiosity, why do you think Bosh is as bad as Amar'e in terms of defense? I've seen quite a few Raptors game (it's about the only steady basketball I can get up here in Vancouver) and I've never gotten the impression that Bosh is as bad as you say. Certainly he's no Howard or Wallace but he seems more than capable, and I'd venture to say better than Stoudemire at least as an on-ball defender.

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why do you think Bosh is as bad as Amar'e in terms of defense? I've seen quite a few Raptors game (it's about the only steady basketball I can get up here in Vancouver) and I've never gotten the impression that Bosh is as bad as you say. Certainly he's no Howard or Wallace but he seems more than capable, and I'd venture to say better than Stoudemire at least as an on-ball defender.

Don't just take my word for it - talk to any Raptors fan that understands the game of basketball - his defense is terrible.

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Translation: any Raptors fan "that agrees with me."

:|

It's not a well kept secret that Bosh is terrible on defense. Go to any Raptors forum and you'll find plenty of Raptors fans complaining about his defensive effort.

Hell, just do an internet search and see how much comes back with how terrible a defender he is.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's not a well kept secret that Bosh is terrible on defense. Go to any Raptors forum and you'll find plenty of Raptors fans complaining about his defensive effort.

I don't watch enough Raptors games to have my own opinion, but Suns_fan69 says he does, and it just seemed kind of odd to assert that he doesn't know anything about basketball just because he disagrees with you.

Besides, it's all relative. Stoudemire is a poor defender, but compared to Frye, he might as well be Olajuwon. Frye is probably the worst big-man defender I have ever seen, and I've been watching this sport a long time.

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
I don't watch enough Raptors games to have my own opinion, but Suns_fan69 says he does, and it just seemed kind of odd to assert that he doesn't know anything about basketball just because he disagrees with you.

Besides, it's all relative. Stoudemire is a poor defender, but compared to Frye, he might as well be Olajuwon. Frye is probably the worst big-man defender I have ever seen, and I've been watching this sport a long time.

Raptors fans that understand basketball tend to watch a lot of Raptors games, more so, I would suspect, than Suns_fan69 has watched. It was not my intent to assert that he doesn't understand basketball, only that I'm sure Raptors fans who follow their team closely would know more about Bosh's defensive prowess than somebody who catches the occasional Raptors game.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
From what I've seen, I think where Bosh falls short is that he just doesn't have the size to compete on the defensive end; it never seems like it is a lack of effort.

Compare that to Stoudemire who just looks absolutely disinterested and lost at times and I know who I'd rather have of those two if I needed a stop.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptors fans that understand basketball tend to watch a lot of Raptors games, more so, I would suspect, than Suns_fan69 has watched. It was not my intent to assert that he doesn't understand basketball, only that I'm sure Raptors fans who follow their team closely would know more about Bosh's defensive prowess than somebody who catches the occasional Raptors game.

One thing that is not being mentioned is that Chris Bosch isn't a Center at all and that is where he struggles. If you look at his #'s on defense, he allows about 19.6 per 48 to opposing players at the center spot. However, is doing a great job this year at PF allowing a little over 10 per 48 which would be tops in the league at the PF spot. Last year he allowed only 16.5 which would make him one of the best last year at that position as well.

If we traded for Bosch, I want him at PF not center anyway. His #'s are good at PF. The Raptors like the Suns play Bosch a lot of out position to create match-up problems for opposing defenses. That is when he gets burned when playing out of position at Center.

I would give up Amare for Bosch. I am not sure I would do Nash for Bosch because then you would have two players in either Amare or Bosch at Center in which they would struggle on defense.

You can't play them together.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Frye is probably the worst big-man defender I have ever seen, and I've been watching this sport a long time.
And he plays offense 23 feet from the basket. He's a novelty.

At least it didn't take the Suns a decade to make that decision this time.

As it did with Alvan Adams who played Center by default at 212 lbs. because he was too slow to play any other position.

And his college coach put ego before objectivity, forming a mold that is being broken with Lopez.

Perhaps Amare's development would have been more well rounded if he didn't have to play out of position at Center until recently.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn