The Ultimate Solution - A Light at the End of the Tunnel

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It was a "I can make more money upfront" decision, and he could easily return to baseball decision if his career doesn't go as planned. It's hard to go back to football if and when a baseball career fails.

If Murray were guaranteed $25 million and be in The Show the minute he put his glove back on, he'd be with the Oakland A's right now.

He was guaranteed $15 million and a major league roster spot.

Football is his first love.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Football was a "only because I am going to be a first round pick" decision. He gave up on football...and then jumped back on it once he was assured he was gong to get paid more being a first round pick.

How did he give up on football? Last I checked he played football more recently and even though he was drafted, he still chased football.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He was guaranteed $15 million and a major league roster spot.

Football is his first love.

He was promised to be put on the 40 man roster, which means he would've been at AAA to start his career and likely not a significant contributor for 1-2 seasons.

Also, Murray will make no less than $20 million guaranteed in football and could easily return to baseball if he's unsuccessful. Same can't be said for the reverse.

I don't doubt that Murray loves football, but he also loves baseball and is good at it. It's a legit concern for whatever team takes Murray, as Keim alluded to today.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He was promised to be put on the 40 man roster, which means he would've been at AAA to start his career and likely not a significant contributor for 1-2 seasons.

Also, Murray will make no less than $20 million guaranteed in football and could easily return to baseball if he's unsuccessful. Same can't be said for the reverse.

I don't doubt that Murray loves football, but he also loves baseball and is good at it. It's a legit concern for whatever team takes Murray, as Keim alluded to today.

This is a ridiculous take. If Murray fails at football and goes back to baseball, then he is a failed prospect anyway. It wont matter.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SI even has an article that says he would not have gone back to football if he was going to be a 3rd round pick.
I'm sure all of this has been discussed ad nauseum with KK, Keim, and MB. We will just have to see what happens draft night.. I would believe that if they choose William or Bosa it would be partly because of this issue. If they feel comfortable with his passion and drive then Murray will be the choice. Imo

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is a ridiculous take. If Murray fails at football and goes back to baseball, then he is a failed prospect anyway. It wont matter.

That's not true and not even the point. The point is Murray has a unique, lucrative fall-back option if football doesn't work out for him; whereas, most other players in the NFL have football and more football. This is not a topic that's going to be swept under the rug as evidenced by Keim's mentioning of baseball today when it comes to drafting him.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That's not true and not even the point. The point is Murray has a unique, lucrative fall-back option if football doesn't work out for him; whereas, most other players in the NFL have football and more football. This is not a topic that's going to be swept under the rug as evidenced by Keim's mentioning of baseball today when it comes to drafting him.

If he is going back to baseball he failed at football. You can equivocate on this point but the fact still remains.