The Ultimate Solution - A Light at the End of the Tunnel

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I will begin by saying that by draft time I think we will all be exhausted from all the talk and wishing/hoping about what The Cards should and will do day 1 of the draft. I am about there right now as I type this. But what the hell, I have nothing better to do this morning, so here goes.

After reading some of the today’s new threads, especially the one regarding Peter Griffin, I mean King (lol), I have finally, after all these weeks of not feeling fully satisfied with any of our choices and our suggestions, seen what I believe is the light at the end of the tunnel, and the ultimate solution/answer to our draft.

Let me add one caveat before I serve you the main course. All bets are off and totally needless if our front office from the very beginning hired KK as a package deal w/ Murray in order to make this hiring work and be meaningful. If that is the case, then the concrete was poured weeks ago.

But if that wasn’t the case, then here is a great answer to our puzzle. I am taking one liberty in that I feel that there are 3 players whose talent is so above everyone else that we would agree that the Cards would benefit equally for years with any. They are of course Bosa, Williams, Allen, with both Hockenson and Oliver being close alternatives if needed.

Now here is the play: We trade our #1 for another very high 1st (1-6) along with a 2nd #1 or high 2nd at the least, along with a #1 in next year’s draft, which should end up being a top 10 if our trade is with NY or Raiders. If we get more great, but this is a fair minimum expectation in my opinion. In doing this we assure ourselves a top player most of us would covet and feel thrilled about getting even if we didn’t trade back. We get at least 2 more quality starters to fuel the rebuilding of our team. We commit to Rosen for at least 1 year to see if he can run KK’s air raid offense. If not, we will have 2 #1s next draft to find a QB who can, or we cut ties with KK and hire a head coach who can allow Rosen to succeed in a more traditional system. In doing this we are allowing both KK and Rosen to succeed, and at the same time, giving ourselves time to evaluate both fairly in order to decide which may need to go, stay, and the direction we want to go in from there.

I think this is as close to having our cake and eating it too that there is and will be. We have a once in a lifetime chance to improve our team greatly, and at the same time not painting ourselves in a corner with no outs. We get a top stud player, extra quality picks to rebuild our team, a chance to see how successful Rosen can be and in what system he needs to succeed. We give our new coach a chance to show us if his ideas can succeed in the NFL. All this can be done in only one year with no bad result costing us years and years of more frustration and disappointment. Plus there is one more thing, and this is big, we don’t risk trading Rosen needlessly and watching him in a year or two tear up the league on someone else's team.

That’s my shining light. Feel free to tell me if I am peering down the right tunnel or just into another empty hole.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Trade for Russell Wilson.

#1 in 2019
#33 in 2019
2020 first rounder
2021 first rounder

#21 in 2019
Russell Wilson

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A logical fit (whatever the terms) would give us Wilson who in turn would mentor Murray.

Except I don't think Schneider would want to deal within his division.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see the original NY deal making the most sense for all teams..you get Wilson out of the division. Seattle gets a young cheap qb with upside. We get Clark to pair with Jones and get KKs QB at 1. Russell gets his snobby wife what she wants and goes to NY. Lol

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Bout the only way Seattle would trade RW to Arizona is a Ricky Williams kind of deal when he was drafted the WHOLE Show each and every pick then they may not even then

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
can't wait until Rosen lights it up this year so peeps can stop clamoring for older QBs

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Way too much to give up for Wilson.He won`t turn this show around by himself.Neither will Murray if he is the pick.you got to have some other horses.Cards have too many other areas that need upgrading to spend that much capital on a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Way too much to give up for Wilson.He won`t turn this show around by himself.Neither will Murray if he is the pick.you got to have some other horses.Cards have too many other areas that need upgrading to spend that much capital on a QB.
It is over, but this is fundamentally wrong. Wilson does do that, and if you take Murray #1, he will be expected to as well. You do whatever it takes to get a top 10 NFL QB, and you figure out the rest. Chandler Jones doesn't matter without a legit QB. Patrick Peterson doesn't matter without a legit QB. Larry Fitzgerald has been irrelevant without a legitimate QB. Those are amazing players, but it shows that it all starts and ends with the QB.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was starting to think the Seahawks were going to gamble on starting over with a cheap rookie QB, since it worked for them before. They sure waited until the last second to make a deal.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It is over, but this is fundamentally wrong. Wilson does do that, and if you take Murray #1, he will be expected to as well. You do whatever it takes to get a top 10 NFL QB, and you figure out the rest. Chandler Jones doesn't matter without a legit QB. Patrick Peterson doesn't matter without a legit QB. Larry Fitzgerald has been irrelevant without a legitimate QB. Those are amazing players, but it shows that it all starts and ends with the QB.

Which is why I would gamble on Murray. I think that Murray is going to be better than Rosen.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which is why I would gamble on Murray. I think that Murray is going to be better than Rosen.
It's also why you give KK what he wants.. it's why you hired the guy. You want him to be dynamic and put up points? Give him the QB he has coveted for a long time. Im sure his heisman season only made him more ga ga over the kid.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't. I think he will put our franchise back 5 years. He is a flake. Football was a business decision and he doesn't have the drive to be great. I will be very happy to be wrong.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't. I think he will put our franchise back 5 years. He is a flake. Football was a business decision and he doesn't have the drive to be great. I will be very happy to be wrong.
Football was a "I'm better at football than I am baseball" decision. Smart business decision. He will get higher guarantees in football once he goes # 1 to the Cards.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Football was a "I'm better at football than I am baseball" decision. Smart business decision. He will get higher guarantees in football once he goes # 1 to the Cards.
Football was a "only because I am going to be a first round pick" decision. He gave up on football...and then jumped back on it once he was assured he was gong to get paid more being a first round pick.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Football was a "only because I am going to be a first round pick" decision. He gave up on football...and then jumped back on it once he was assured he was gong to get paid more being a first round pick.
SI even has an article that says he would not have gone back to football if he was going to be a 3rd round pick.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
SI even has an article that says he would not have gone back to football if he was going to be a 3rd round pick.

Why get your brain traumatized when, at worst, you pull a hamstring and sit out a couple dozen innings. The definitive case of baseball vs football was Bo Jackson. The Royals begged him not to play football. He would have had a 15 year career as an all-star in baseball had he not played football and ended up with a hip replacement and severe trauma on a “routine” tackle.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

It was a "I can make more money upfront" decision, and he could easily return to baseball decision if his career doesn't go as planned. It's hard to go back to football if and when a baseball career fails.

If Murray were guaranteed $25 million and be in The Show the minute he put his glove back on, he'd be with the Oakland A's right now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Why get your brain traumatized when, at worst, you pull a hamstring and sit out a couple dozen innings. The definitive case of baseball vs football was Bo Jackson. The Royals begged him not to play football. He would have had a 15 year career as an all-star in baseball had he not played football and ended up with a hip replacement and severe trauma on a “routine” tackle.

One of the most underrated moments in Bo's career was when he hit a homerun with a replacement hip.

If I was a dynamic football and baseball player, I'd choose a professional career in baseball. At least I'd have a fully-functioning brain and intact knees at 45.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

He doesnt have the drive to be great?

I respect your opinion immensely, but I think you are ridiculously wrong here. Murray is one of the more driven people I've ever seen come out of college football.

Any one of us would follow a fall back plan if our primary passion appeared to be off the table.

Murray turned down 14 million guaranteed to play football.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the most underrated moments in Bo's career was when he hit a homerun with a replacement hip.

If I was a dynamic football and baseball player, I'd choose a professional career in baseball. At least I'd have a fully-functioning brain and intact knees at 45.

Much harder to make it in baseball with the minor league system, though Murray LITERALLY had more guaranteed from the As than any other player drafted ever.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave