Whom to draft with the #1 pick?

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Neither Bosa or Allen is ideal for Cardinals. The defensive end position in the 3-4 plays head up or inside shoulder on the offensive tackle. Bosa is a 4-3 defensive end who lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle.

Josh Allen is a 3-4 outside linebacker which is one of the few positions that theoretically isn't a need for the Cardinals (Jones and Reddick).

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Neither Bosa or Allen is ideal for Cardinals. The defensive end position in the 3-4 plays head up or inside shoulder on the offensive tackle. Bosa is a 4-3 defensive end who lines up on the outside shoulder of the tackle.

Josh Allen is a 3-4 outside linebacker which is one of the few positions that theoretically isn't a need for the Cardinals (Jones and Reddick).
Bosa could line up as an OLB all day, and would be significantly better than Reddick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I doubt reddick ends up outside. They’ll try him inside again. He doesn’t have the base size for outside.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Allen is perfect for the 3-4 OLB and I'd take him over Reddick all day. Allen is a freak and he's not some project he's produced like crazy

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would try to trade down twice and still stay in the top 7.
Want Bosa Oakland? You definitely need to make up for your screw up letting Khalil Mack go.

Trade down to #4 for one of the other Oakland first round picks. You won't get both. Now you've got #4 and #27.
Trade down again with Jacksonville so they can get their QB ahead of the Giants. They'll take Haskins or Murray. Get
their 2nd round pick near the top of the 2nd round.

Now you've got #7, #27, #33, and #38.

Take whoever is left of Greedy Williams, Greg Little, Josh Allen, or Jonah Williams at #4.
Take N'Keal Harry at #27.
Take Noah Fant at #33
Take Cody Little at #38.

Offense rebuilt.

Focus all that huge amount of free agent dollars on a CB2 and big NT.

Pipe dream? Sure, but it happens every year for some team.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would try to trade down twice and still stay in the top 7.
Want Bosa Oakland? You definitely need to make up for your screw up letting Khalil Mack go.
Wasn't a screw up. Oakland wasn't going to pay Mack the ridiculous contract the Bears ended up giving him so they traded him for 2 first round picks. They can get Bosa or Allen at #4. Then they traded a cancer in Amari Cooper and got another 1st round pick. Gruden isn't stupid. He knew they weren't going to win with or without Mack so he got high value for him. I think it was a good move.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
who knows, but i have a hard time seeing the Raiders giving up a ton for Bosa when staying put guarantees them Josh Allen or one of the top defensive linemen --

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The younger Bosa is basically a clone of his older brother. You know what you are getting. An absolute technician. He is a sure thing. Expect this at the combine

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Williams can play the nose in a 3-4. He anchors well and he can collapse the pocket. Bosa would be my choice over Allen if it came to that. Bosa is better against the run. I think he’ll be a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. Peters has quite a bit of wear on his tires. He can’t last much longer. Williams would fit for 5 years. Bosa would be far better than Golden. The Cards could sign an OLB in FA and take Williams or trade down. If they stay put I’m reasonably sure they’d take Bosa. I still think the Cards get an offer from a team wanting Haskins. I do not expect the Raiders to trade up. SF wants an edge rusher and if the Cards can convince them someone’s moving up to take Bosa, the Cards could drop down one and get the Niners second. They could move down again if they want an OT. Lots of options. They control the board.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA