Johnson
Sudfeld
Peterman
Driskel
Rypien
Wolford
McSorely
Perkins

I understand a few of these guys may be retiring, but right now this is the actual available FA list.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's too good to last that long..first 96
He's projected 5th-7th round...

Here's just one source:

"From a scouting perspective, there is nothing about Bennett that stands out," FOX Bet sports trader Matthew Griffe said. "But the guy is a proven winner and, by all accounts, will make a great addition to a locker room."

Some Georgia sports fans — and even some Georgia athletes, such as Braves outfielder and Georgia native Michael Harris II — want the Falcons, who have lingering questions at quarterback, to take Bennett in the first round.
That might be unlikely to happen, but the Falcons do have the Jaguars' fifth-round pick in the 2023 draft due to the Calvin Ridley trade — and that pick is No. 155.

I think teams aren't going to go too high on a guy who is basically a current version of Chris Weinke (older player with a noodle arm, but does have some winning intangibles).

Here's another report:

SCOUTING REPORT: SUMMARY​

Stetson Bennett is a classic overachiever, despite having very average measurables he's managed to carve out a hugely impressive college career while battling adversity at Georgia. He possesses a great feel for the game, is a natural leader on the field, and is an elite short to medium-range passer with a nice developed quick release. He however is very small for the position at just 190 lbs (without the frame to add much more weight) and this really will limit his pro value, especially given that other successful NFL QBs of similar stature have all had stronger arms than Stetson or been much better athletes.

Currently we view Stetson as a solid NFL backup - but we are pretty confident he can carve out a nice career in the pros. Expect Stetson to be selected in the 5th to 7th rounds of the 2023 NFL Draft.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You might wanna go back and check out the history on that one... the meaningful success rate of guys from the third round on is pretty abysmal. Trust me, I've never been a Wentz guy, but most of the names on this list are complete dreck:

That’s what I’m sayin. I’d rather take a chance on a 6 th round Qb because you might strike gold.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
He's projected 5th-7th round...

Here's just one source:

I think teams aren't going to go too high on a guy who is basically a current version of Chris Weinke (older player with a noodle arm, but does have some winning intangibles).

Here's another report:

I could care less where is projected. They will likely be wrong and he goes in the 1st 3 rounds. Oh Revis is a 1st or 2nd rounder and Bennett not even though he's way better and more consistent passer than AR15 and Revis. Not so sure and this draft will likely have a few surprises.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Stenson bennet day 1 starter may nfl gods show cards mercy.... lol
Still would love to see cards draft stenson good motivator qb would perfer bennet over colt
He did throw pretty darn well though. His stature scares people regarding the pros but he has a better arm than people give him credit for and played a big stage.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Gardner Minshew just signed with Indy for $3.5m. That seems like a VERY reasonable cost for a gutty dude with starting experience. At that price I would have liked to have seen the Cards take a run at him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They ran a stat line for Cam on ESPN talking about him. It was a pretty brutal stat pretty much Last in the NFL in most categories that were listed the last time he played. Did anyone else see it? I was at the gym and caught the very end before it disappeared

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave