Who Starts Week 1 at Wide Receiver?

Who are the Starting WRs Week 1?

• Troy Franklin (First-round pick)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Roman Wilson, MI (Second-day pick)

• Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Jaylan McMillan, WAS (Second-day pick)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We got some Maurice Clarrett syndrome going on around here. Doesn’t matter who was throwing who the ball if they were wearing an Ohio State uni you’d be pimping them….. We’ve seen it time and time again.
Not at all. Did you hear me pimping Paris Johnson last year? Of CJ Stroud? Some were wanting the Cards to take Luke Wippler in round 2 last year. No way was in favor of that.

The only prospects I liked this year from the Buckeyes were Marvin and Denzel Burke but he stayed in school.

Mike Hall and Cade Stover can be decent I think.

But you guys definitely know when I like a guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL Right, he was literally starting all season because he was healthy--oh wait, no, that's a complete fabrication and he was only slotted in as #2 because there was literally no one else. Gotcha. You know, accuracy counts. Stop throwing out "literal" falsehoods.

Less yards "per game." I love how you warp stats. Is that per game over 16 games or per games played? How many games did Wilson play? How many games was he out injured?

I get it. You love the players we already have and are all about them. Homer away, my friend. Just don't please expect the rest of us to go with blind faith, eh? Wilson could turn out to be a stud. He could turn out to be adequate as a #2 or lower on the depth chart. He may turn out to be a nothing burger. We simply don't know. You can say you know, but it's only an opinion and not a fact.

He had 45 yards per game, mostly with Josh Dobbs. That's not nothing burger.

This is all silly talk. You don't draft guys that show promise then put a vet roadblock in their way. Literally no good team does this.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That's a 65% ratio. Larry's career ratio was 61%.

Sorry I worded that poorly. I was trying highlight a relatively small number of catches.

But you're right Britcard. 65% is pretty damn good.

And here's what the guys at "fantasypros" wrote about MW:

The highlight of Week 18? Rookie Michael Wilson.
6 targets (21% target share), 6 receptions for 95 yards, averaging 15.8 yards per catch, with a long of 28 yards. 68 air yards and 40% air yards share. The rookie posted a very under-the-radar campaign as a highly involved Cardinals WR. He ran a route on 80% of the dropbacks (35th among all WRs) which locks him into a full-time role in this offense next season, regardless of any additional moves they make. He also finished his season on an extremely high note, averaging 15.5 points per game after his last two contests with Marquise Brown out of the lineup.

I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that Wilson is currently penciled in as WR2. I hope he stays healthy!

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Everything out of Cardinals media suggest the organization doesnt think WR is a premium position to win in the NFL.

And they feel like Drew Petzings offense doesnt need a star WR.

If we trade down its very possible Michael Wilson and a rookie like Ricky Pearsall or Xavier Legette (2nd or 3rd round) will be our wrs.

BTJ wont be there late in round 1 and I worry Mitchell wont be a Monti kind of guy. Some scouts think he takes plays off.
At this point I would take rod tidwell and one of the Texas wideouts. Seriously tho I could see Monti going trenches and wideout later not saying I would like missing out on the big 3 wideouts but in Monti I trust until I see oyherwise

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that Wilson is currently penciled in as WR2. I hope he stays healthy!
As it stands right now, he's probably #1 and that's a scary thought. I would like to see the Cards add a veteran just so they're not having to rely on a rookie and a second year player to be the leaders in the WR room.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
rely on a rookie and a second year player to be the leaders in the WR room.
Why not?

If they’re great at what they do, why does that matter? The Bengals made a Super Bowl with a rookie in Ja’Marr & 2nd year player in Higgins who were their best WRs.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Why not?

If they’re great at what they do, why does that matter? The Bengals made a Super Bowl with a rookie in Ja’Marr & 2nd year player in Higgins who were their best WRs.
That's true and they were great. But Burrow also already had a relationship with Chase, which helps out things.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Why not?

If they’re great at what they do, why does that matter?
It wouldn’t if we had a Higgins type 2nd year WR who had a 900 yard/6 TD season where he played every game his rookie season. Then people would be pretty happy with our set up going into the draft where we could draft a #1.
The Bengals made a Super Bowl with a rookie in Ja’Marr & 2nd year player in Higgins who were their best WRs.

But we don’t have a Higgins-esque 2nd year guy. We have Michael Wilson, who had 550 yards and 3 TDs, while missing 4 games and has a history of missing time throughout college before that. That's why people are worried about the WR room this year, even after we add what should be our #1 WR of the future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So u wouldn’t be happy with 8 wins this year and 12 wins the following season? That’s what the lions did their fans seem pretty happy
The Lions were in a much worse place when Campbell took over than we were. We were one year removed from a playoff appearance. The lions had finished fourth in their division for three straight seasons.