Who is the biggest bust?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The biggest bust will be...

Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Leftwich will be drafted in the top ten, if not the top 5. This means he will be going to a BAD team. Bad teams have bad QB's, so he will start regardless of what anyone says. Look over the course of the past few years, and tell me what happens to starting rookie QB's on bad teams...that's right, they get the snot knocked out of them every single game. He'll get hurt again, in my opinion, and again, and again...I see Leftwich becoming to best one-legged QB in the NFL...

Is that your entire reasoning behind thinking Leftwich is a bust?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by General Chaos
To counter all the Andre Jouhnson hating about how he can't catch, he was rated as having the second best HANDS in this class by TSN!

I'm not hating about how he can't catch (although he can't; concerns about the hands of Charles Rogers surfaced after his workout), I'm saying he's a massively incomplete football player. Think of him as the offensive Boss Bailey: Hell of an athelete (he can play on my pickup whatever team), but needs to learn how to play football.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The biggest bust will be...

Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Whoa, whoa, whoa...before insinuating that I am a racist, read what I wrote...

"Byron Leftwich! He will be the Ryan Leaf/Rick Mirer/Aliki Smith of this year's draft."

So by your twisted logic, am I saying leftwich is only 1/3 African-American? Since I compared him to two Caucasians as well? What a joke! :rolleyes:

The references are to QB's who where very high 1st round picks that crapped-out in the NFL. Race had nothing to do with it!

The fact is that there are two kinds of people on this board, Leftwichers and Suggians. I happen to be a Suggian, so my opinion will be negative in relation to Leftwich. You are a Leftwicher, so be it.

In my opinion (which is the ONLY thing anyone has on this board) Leftwich is a ticking time-bomb. Follow my reasoning for a moment...

Leftwich will be drafted in the top ten, if not the top 5. This means he will be going to a BAD team. Bad teams have bad QB's, so he will start regardless of what anyone says. Look over the course of the past few years, and tell me what happens to starting rookie QB's on bad teams...that's right, they get the snot knocked out of them every single game. He'll get hurt again, in my opinion, and again, and again...I see Leftwich becoming to best one-legged QB in the NFL...

Was not my intention to call you a racist. If it came out like that I apologize. What I was trying to insinuate were the obvious comparisons people make to black QB's in the NFL now or in the past with draft picks. Which I thnk are unfair comparisons at best.

Anyway, your arguement still doesnt convince me. Just because a bad team drafts a QB doesnt mean they will play them and if they do doesnt mean they will get hurt. For instance Cincy, a bad team yes, but doesnt have a bad oline. Not great but solid nonetheless. He might not be sacked lots if he is picked there.

Using your logic, then no player chosen by a bad team should do well. Including Suggs! He will be double-teamed constantly since the Cards ahve no one else that warrants a double team and be knocked around and eventually hurt.

To break it down, Leftwich has the biggest upside, is a proven winner with loads of talent and the Cards should draft him based on the best player available theory which he will be if there at #6

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The biggest bust will be...

Originally posted by SECTION 11
Is that your entire reasoning behind thinking Leftwich is a bust?

Kind of...I just see Suggs making a bigger impact than Lefty this season and the next. I believe the Cards need to draft for what they need right now. I must of seen Suggs play 20 times the past few years and in my opinion he's as close to "can't miss" as you can get. Plus he's a hometown guy and might draw a few more Cardinal fans is gravy on top of it.

Would I be unhappy if the Cardinals draft Lefty? No
Would I be happier if the Cards drafted Suggs? Yes

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The biggest bust will be...

Originally posted by LVCARDFREAK
Was not my intention to call you a racist. If it came out like that I apologize. What I was trying to insinuate were the obvious comparisons people make to black QB's in the NFL now or in the past with draft picks. Which I thnk are unfair comparisons at best.

Anyway, your arguement still doesnt convince me. Just because a bad team drafts a QB doesnt mean they will play them and if they do doesnt mean they will get hurt. For instance Cincy, a bad team yes, but doesnt have a bad oline. Not great but solid nonetheless. He might not be sacked lots if he is picked there.

Using your logic, then no player chosen by a bad team should do well. Including Suggs! He will be double-teamed constantly since the Cards ahve no one else that warrants a double team and be knocked around and eventually hurt.

To break it down, Leftwich has the biggest upside, is a proven winner with loads of talent and the Cards should draft him based on the best player available theory which he will be if there at #6

See previous post...I believe the Cards need to draft with a "team need" philosophy. They must begin to address current holes in the roster. The jury is still out on McCown, the Cards brass seem high on him. So with that reasoning, I don't see the need to draft a QB at all in this draft because I am not a GM or an NFL scout.

Will Lefty bust? Probably not, but with his injury history you can't tell me that defenses won't key on his legs.

Like I said before, drafting Leftwich would be cool enough...but I'd rather see Suggs.

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I fail to see the logic which automatically qualifies a pro-Leftwich draftnik as an anti-Suggs draftnik.

Leftwich has one major plus in my book. That is that I have personally seen him complete every pass patern that is used in the NFL. Deep outs, quick outs, skinny posts, fades.... you name it. Think about the years we suffered through Plummer's inadequacies. How many times was he intercepted while trying to complete an out? Jeez, did he ever throw a fade? Lefty can make all of those throws, and the mechanics that are required to make those throws are the same whether you're playing against Akron or the St. Louis Rams. Also, consider that he is one tough SOB .... we've all seen the footage of his offensive line carrying him to the line of scrimmage.

Suggs, he was the only player on his D. Anytime a player can put up those kind of numbers you have to take a second look. Period.

Granted there are downsides to each pick (like all picks) but I for one would be happy if the Cards drafted either of these guys.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I heard a radio sports talk announcer talk about this topic. I think it was Rick Ballou on 1060. And one of his predicted busts was cornerback Marcus Trufant. He said the only decent receiver he faced was Reggie Williams of Washington who torched him for12 catches for 169 yards, plus a 48 yard bomb. It kind of reminded me about the Suggs verus Kwame Harris debate the day before :)

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
I heard a radio sports talk announcer talk about this topic. I think it was Rick Ballou on 1060. And one of his predicted busts was cornerback Marcus Trufant. He said the only decent receiver he faced was Reggie Williams of Washington who torched him for12 catches for 169 yards, plus a 48 yard bomb. It kind of reminded me about the Suggs verus Kwame Harris debate the day before :)

Then he must have been hanging out with Pinkard at the combine. Trufant hadn't allowed a TD receiving by his cover target for the entire season (18 straight games)...Yeah, he'll bust...:D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard