Who do you want to face in the 1st round??

Who do you not want to meet in the 1st round?

• Jazz

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Mavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Spurs

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Thunder

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Do not want any part of OKC.
Nobody on this team can stop Kevin Durant.:(
I don't know that anyone can stop durant besides himself. when the guy is on he scores with ease.

I'm looking at this WCF and there isn't a team that I would ask to play lol. I think the spurs are done and I wouldn't fear them...especially as a mavs fan. But you just never know with parker and ginobli. those guys can get redhot. As a mavs fan with them being older, I fear the young fast teams like OKC.

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
Obviously the best scenario now is beating the Nuggets and Jazz, taking the 3rd seed vs 6th seed Portland who are going to be without Brandon Roy!

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I have to say it's a little confusing here when people give a one team answer without elaboration. The title of the thread tells you to pick the team you want to face and the poll asks the reverse. When someone says Spurs it's hard to tell which question they're answering.

Steve

Sorry about that by the time I realized it I could no longer edit. I meant the poll question to be who would you like to play in the first round.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Without Roy, the Blazers. But I'm more concerned about getting home court than anything else. I want the Suns to win both games this week, stay hot, but still manage to get some rest.

But it's also a bracket in the NBA, so we can look at who we'd want to play if we win in the first round, too. Lakers or Mavericks? Which one is most likely to get upset? Because if we advance, I'd love to have home courst in the second round, too...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Order of preference with the top one being the team I most prefer to face.

Blazers
Nuggets
Thunder
Spurs
Mavericks
Jazz
Lakers

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are the Blazers not even on the Poll? I want to revote for Portland if possible to play them without Roy

HooverDam

Reaction score
I originally voted for the Thunder, Id like to say the Blazers now. Im hoping the Suns can be 3rd and matchup with the Blazers at 6th. Portlands been devastated by injuries and now B Roy is hurt and may be done for the year, meaning that could be an easy series. Plus the 3rd slot means you avoid LA in the 2nd round and have a realistic path to the WCF.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Plus the 3rd slot means you avoid LA in the 2nd round and have a realistic path to the WCF.

This is what I'm most interested in, I think. Yes LA has been slumping, but we don't know how much Jackson is letting them coast, and really, if anyone can turn it on, it's Kobe and the Lakers. So in this scenario you avoid them in the second round if they're playing well, and if they're not--you might avoid them altogether.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen