Who Are Some Candidates Available For The Suns GM Position?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's hire Popovich as President of Basketball operations and give him total control.

He gets a new challenge to close out his career. He is also a guy that would totally intimidate Sarver into backing off.

Think big.

Better yet. Give Pop and ownership share and make him Managing General Partner. Suns are worth $1.5 billion. Give him 2%. That's what $30 million as a signing bonus. The other owners would not even notice that. In fact, the team might be worth $30 million more just signing Pop and moving Sarver out of the way. Then pay him to run the team. Sarver can run errands for him or something.

Pop might consider something like this. Coaching has to be getting difficult for him now. Pop, James Jones, and Bukstein as a management team might work.

League is happy. Fans are happy. Pop is happy. Team grows more in value so Sarver is happy.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I really don't know if keeping Koko is the right idea but firing him just seems like the wrong move. We are bottom of the barrel when it comes to continuity in every just about every area (Sarver notwithstanding). Unless we are absolutely convinced that Koko cannot do the job and that we have a much better candidate available, I'm in favor of staying with Koko and probably for another season.

Yeah, that's a very important factor. If a great candidate shows up for either position, I am fine with firing Igor and Jones. I just don't see it happening.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
A fantasy world YOU create for them because your argument to maintain course just doesn't fit the reality of the situation.

Like you used to laugh at people who thought McD was atrocious for years? Really got the last laugh on that one.

Players NEED a coach to get BETTER. Literally NONE of our guys have done that compared to last season (Booker/JJ aren't any better) Ayton looks exactly like they did the second he hit the floor in the first game. Bridges... I don't even know what to say. You laud his D, but it didn't take him long to get that point and he's been stuck in the mud offensively all year.

And we need a GM to get and be able to identify BETTER players.

This really isn't hard to understand.

Only person who lives in a fantasy world is one who believes staying the course with the biggest failures in the history of the team will magically lead to improvement.

truth is, with Sarver captaining the Titanic, throwing darts blindfolded at this point is better than sticking with what they've got now because at least that way, they could luck into something better.
'Agree, agree, agree and agree. Looking at the results, how can anyone condone the status quo? Or let management off the hook?

I have to wonder, when someone keeps posting that, what their agenda is. Especially, when their vantage point (as I referred to recently), is 2,000 miles away.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure I would worry about hiring a coach or even GM right now. This team needs a top executive that can change the culture of the entire organization. President of Basketball Operations. Managing General Partner whatever. I think Sarver could save face by saying that he now has to focus on the business side—arena renovation etc. Any other change is just lipstick on a pig.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard