What's your Main Area of Concern re: Cards and '22 Season

What is your Main Area of Concern Regarding the '22 Cards?

• Run D

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • Pass Rush

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • DB Play

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • QB Play

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Run Game

• Passing Game

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • OL

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Coaching

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Front Office Moves

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fan Support

• Stadium Security

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Costs to Attend Games

• Any Other

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern heading into this season is and always has been Coaching. Specifically the Head Coach.

I believe that there is enough talent on this team to be very competitive this season. The question is can Kliff adapt to adversity? Teams lose star players all the time. Losing 1 player for 6 games is no excuse. Kliff needs to be able to adapt to a team without DHop for 6 games. The big question is can he????

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dont always agree with DaHilg or Pac, but this board does need that other viewpoint.

Otherwise just reading this board would convince you that Kyler and Daniel Jones are essentially the same guy through 3 years
You're not wrong.

There is a balance here that is true:

The team struggled down the stretch.
There was a significant number of injuries to key players.
Kyler Murray didn't play as well.
Kyler Murray is the best young QB this team has ever had.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
My biggest concern heading into this season is and always has been Coaching. Specifically the Head Coach.

I believe that there is enough talent on this team to be very competitive this season. The question is can Kliff adapt to adversity? Teams lose star players all the time. Losing 1 player for 6 games is no excuse. Kliff needs to be able to adapt to a team without DHop for 6 games. The big question is can he????
It was way more than just DHop bro. There were games where two OL were out as well as Rondale too. Chase missed games during that stretch as well.

I think Kliff didn't make enough changes, but he's also the coach that got the team to a 10-2 start.

Right now he is the second most successful Arizona Cardinals coach, and likely third overall in franchise history. That means something.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're not wrong.

There is a balance here that is true:

The team struggled down the stretch.
There was a significant number of injuries to key players.
Kyler Murray didn't play as well.
Kyler Murray is the best young QB this team has ever had.

I hope looking back that Kliff regrets players so many key players late into games that were finished.

Situations like being up 20 points in Q4 vs the Texans and you still have Hopkins on the field. Same game up 26 with 7 minutes to go still got Kyler on the field, still got Edmonds and Conner grinding out the clock.

I know some disagree but in a 17 game season these are situations you let Eno or Ward get some carries, let McCoy have snaps. Let Hump take a break for Miles.

It's win win. You take some of the strain off the bodies of your key players and you give backup guys a chance to show what they can do while gaining some experience.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I dont always agree with DaHilg or Pac, but this board does need that other viewpoint.

Otherwise just reading this board would convince you that Kyler and Daniel Jones are essentially the same guy through 3 years
All viewpoints have value, more or less. We certainly need balance on KM opinions. What we don't need is folks painting anyone who disagrees with an extreme take as haters. That's such a minimalistic, apologetic, and ignorant take. You can love KM as a QB and love that we have him and still recognize his flaws and real need for improvement.

Also, your second statement isn't as much on thin ice as it is drowning and in hypothermic shock :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All viewpoints have value, more or less. We certainly need balance on KM opinions. What we don't need is folks painting anyone who disagrees with an extreme take as haters. That's such a minimalistic, apologetic, and ignorant take. You can love KM as a QB and love that we have him and still recognize his flaws and real need for improvement.

Also, your second statement isn't as much on thin ice as it is drowning and in hypothermic shock :)
People on your side of the equation should take the same advice honestly. Def way more Kyler guys that also critique his areas for improvements… where as the IHKC is one minded and narrow perspective MOST of the time. Hence the earlier post on if you were an outside of this board you’d think Kyler was Danny Dimes.

Stout

Reaction score
People on your side of the equation should take the same advice honestly. Def way more Kyler guys that also critique his areas for improvements… where as the IHKC is one minded and narrow perspective MOST of the time. Hence the earlier post on if you were an outside of this board you’d think Kyler was Danny Dimes.
So, most of the time, anyone who criticizes KM is "one minded and narrow perspective?" I think not. I can say that you, for certain, are of one mind and offer a narrow perspective--Kyler is great and no one should criticize him for anything. On extremely rare occasions you'll toss out a possibility that he needs to get better, but, man, you have gone aggressive after anyone who makes any kind of negative critique of the kid. I've gone after him hard, but I feel I've been more than fair. I assume you disagree.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If anything the negativity on Kyler comes from the disappointment in someone you believed in. We all thought he'd turned a corner through the first half of the season. Then his play fell off and then the dumb contract stuff.

Nobody hates Kyler. We all want him to live up to his talent. He just hasn't so far.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So, most of the time, anyone who criticizes KM is "one minded and narrow perspective?" I think not. I can say that you, for certain, are of one mind and offer a narrow perspective--Kyler is great and no one should criticize him for anything. On extremely rare occasions you'll toss out a possibility that he needs to get better, but, man, you have gone aggressive after anyone who makes any kind of negative critique of the kid. I've gone after him hard, but I feel I've been more than fair. I assume you disagree.
Dude you’re impossible.. many of my post including critique or agreement in Kyler’s faults and what he could work on. I substantiate many of my post w factual data over the past year…. Most times the IHKC just skips right over all of that and laments myself and other posters as Kyler lovers and completely disregard any statistical factual evidence, any agreement on a Kyler fault or any notes of a Kyler need for improvement.

It is literally laughable - but carry on, i as with many who no longer try to challenge you or other IHKC folks realize there’s no reasoning w you all. I should take a back seat as well and just let you all dominate YOUR board.. bc your insights and feelings matter most.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many issues are not cemented as "or" but often can be "and". Such as KM is the QB of the future "AND" needs to improve in some areas. When you use "and" in that context you are not a hater, you are an honest observer IMO. Certainly there are those on either side of the "AND" who express themselves nicer than others.

Stout

Reaction score
Dude you’re impossible.. many of my post including critique or agreement in Kyler’s faults and what he could work on. I substantiate many of my post w factual data over the past year…. Most times the IHKC just skips right over all of that and laments myself and other posters as Kyler lovers and completely disregard any statistical factual evidence, any agreement on a Kyler fault or any notes of a Kyler need for improvement.

It is literally laughable - but carry on, i as with many who no longer try to challenge you or other IHKC folks realize there’s no reasoning w you all. I should take a back seat as well and just let you all dominate YOUR board.. bc your insights and feelings matter most.
See, there you go. You're super reasonable and I'm just a jerk lol A very simple, easy mental exercise to make yourself feel better. While it's not true, it's your opinion and you have every right to it. I'll go back over here and hope KM matures this season into the QB we all want him to be.

Stout

Reaction score
Many issues are not cemented as "or" but often can be "and". Such as KM is the QB of the future "AND" needs to improve in some areas. When you use "and" in that context you are not a hater, you are an honest observer IMO. Certainly there are those on either side of the "AND" who express themselves nicer than others.
That is factual and fair.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
See, there you go. You're super reasonable and I'm just a jerk lol A very simple, easy mental exercise to make yourself feel better. While it's not true, it's your opinion and you have every right to it. I'll go back over here and hope KM matures this season into the QB we all want him to be.
Lol alright pal

Stout

Reaction score
Lol alright pal
So you never post anything wrong; it's just others that are the problem? I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're saying. I get that you have a problem with me, and will probably never read anything I post with anything other than a gimlet eye. I can certainly be an abrasive poster at times, there's no denying that. But it's your mindset I'm driving at here. Overall, I'm wondering if you see yourself as blameless, always, or if you can admit your own flaws as a poster. You know, Friday musings.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So you never post anything wrong; it's just others that are the problem? I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're saying. I get that you have a problem with me, and will probably never read anything I post with anything other than a gimlet eye. I can certainly be an abrasive poster at times, there's no denying that. But it's your mindset I'm driving at here. Overall, I'm wondering if you see yourself as blameless, always, or if you can admit your own flaws as a poster. You know, Friday musings.
Alright pal

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This. Murray is the best young QB the Cardinals have likely ever had. And he needs to mature (like most 24 year olds) and get better (like most young QBs).

I've vacillated on whether they should throw a long term contract at Murray, but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing they can do is to sign him this offseason and to continue to surround him with players. Make a commitment to the kid and expect him to reciprocate.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This. Murray is the best young QB the Cardinals have likely ever had. And he needs to mature (like most 24 year olds) and get better (like most young QBs).

I've vacillated on whether they should throw a long term contract at Murray, but I've come to the conclusion that the best thing they can do is to sign him this offseason and to continue to surround him with players. Make a commitment to the kid and expect him to reciprocate.
I agree with your conclusion. The Cardinals have made their bed and will have to sleep in it IMO. Hopefully, it will be comfy and not filled with bed bugs.