What's your expectations for the 2022 season?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I'm saying is in year 4 I would expect us to win the NFC West at the very least, there's no excuses anymore for this team as far as I'm concerned

I would expect us to be GOOD enough to compete, but expecting to win a division that has the SB champs and the 49ers in the same division might not be "fair." As in we would be good enough to win several other divisions but might not be good enough to win the west unless the Rams and 49ers fall back a bit.

Can't really say right now need to see how the offseason goes, it's going to be tough to be significantly better next year because we have so many FA's. If Kyler improves and certain other guys do, Simmons and Collins, Moore, etc we could be better if we do reasonably well in FA and the draft.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect about 6 wins especially with that schedule. This roster is a mess. And not a whole lot of cap space really.
Oh and all six wins will be in the first eight weeks of the season as we await the second half collapse of Kyler Murray and Kliff Kingsbury

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a poff victory anythin less tear up kliff extension deal even with cap penality

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't see the NFL that way. Every season is it's own entity. Frankly, it's very unusual to have a team improve for 3 years on the bounce.

Look at the 49ers.

6-10
4-12
13-3 Superbowl losers
6-10
10-7 NFCCG

Most teams are up and down year on year depending on roster turnover, injuries, strength of schedule, luck with matchups etc.

My expectations are based on each year in isolation. Everyone's should be.
I said during the season that last year was the Cardinals shot.

I meant it and I feel a strong impending doom coming this year. The roster could be substantially worse this coming year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really hard to tell.

If the offense gets an influx of playmakers, I think we could be 500 or maybe even a bit better.

If Keim does what I expect, than 5-12 sounds about right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said during the season that last year was the Cardinals shot.

I meant it and I feel a strong impending doom coming this year. The roster could be substantially worse this coming year.

I think most rosters look shaky this time of year. There's things we can play with and we can back load deals etc but it's going to be tricky.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I'm saying is in year 4 I would expect us to win the NFC West at the very least, there's no excuses anymore for this team as far as I'm concerned

So you expect teams to get better every year with a new coach?

We'd be screwed if that was the case as all other division HCs have more years.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Too many unknowns right now, especially with the Demands of Kyler & his agent. How in the hell are the Cardinals gonna come up with that kind of money? Taking into consideration the cap & roster hell Keim has put us in? This situation could get very ugly with Kyler. Then there's our FA's that we hardly have enough money to resign & which ones do we keep? Did I even mention Steve Keim is the one making the draft picks lol? Not a good thing, he sucks at it & the LB's he drafted VJ doesn't even know how to use. We have no depth at many positions because he can't draft to save his ass. As for a prediction, I'm predicting under .500 right now for sure but if we somehow do have a good off-season then maybe 9-8 at best. I hope I'm wrong but right now it doesn't look good for 2022 at all when you consider everything & our schedule.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we manage to perform miracles in FA and the draft, we might be able to break .500 and make it to the playoffs. Maybe.
Buuuuuuut, we have the one & only Steve Keim making those decisions so I don't believe that word Al Michael's asked if we believe in to defeat Russia in the 1980 winter Olympics lol.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My expectations are lower than those I had going into last year, which feels sort of strange to say since the flame out at the end of the 2020 season didn’t even produce a playoff berth. Regardless, I don’t see anything good in the near future for this club when I consider that the GM and HC received lengthy contract extensions after the train wreck that was the end of last season. SK and KK haven’t been consequenced for that meltdown, so what incentive do they have to work harder, get better, take a different approach, etc.?

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
I expect a game plan, developed in the offeason, will be executed until the half way period before getting figured out, per normal. KK doesn't adjust to opposing DC's adjustments, and then other DC's copy that formula to beat the Cards in the second half of the season. I expect NFC West contention and maybe a Wild Card entry of Kyler doesn't get hurt. If he does, the team will fall apart and Kingsberry will be gone.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I expect a game plan, developed in the offeason, will be executed until the half way period before getting figured out, per normal. KK doesn't adjust to opposing DC's adjustments, and then other DC's copy that formula to beat the Cards in the second half of the season. I expect NFC West contention and maybe a Wild Card entry of Kyler doesn't get hurt. If he does, the team will fall apart and Kingsberry will be gone.

If KK's so easy to figure out, why does it take DC's a half-season to do so?

Newsflash: KK just signed a 5-year extension and you don't break up these deals after one season with 3 months severance.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
If KK's so easy to figure out, why does it take DC's a half-season to do so?

Newsflash: KK just signed a 5-year extension and you don't break up these deals after one season with 3 months severance.
You explain the half season meltdown(s).
Newsflash: Billionaires will readjust if something isn't working, unless they aren't billionaires, or are forced to do so. How many years did Gruden have left on that 10 year deal with the Raiders?