Whatever you do stay away from Verizon Cloud

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal, 4 am Sat I get a text you've exceeded your cloud limit follow this link to upgrade. Interesting because i never signed up. So I follow the link and it won't let me access it because my girlfriend is the account owner. So I go on her account and it won't let HER do it either. So I download the cloud app to my phone and deselect pictures from the backup, and delete 200 pics from the cloud to get below the limit. Next day 4am, same ******* text. So I delete 200 pics from my phone, and then the same 200 from the cloud, again. Monday morning same ******* text.

30 minutes later after telling them I was going to throw my phone off the roof and cancel my account they believe they have solved it by forcibly removing me from VZ cloud. The tech support admitted there's no record of me ever signing up, I should never have been texted, and he confirmed what I said over 30 of the "pictures" were actually Verizon logos that it for some reason backed up.

I got so mad I didn't even ask to be transferred so I can get a discount, I'll probably do that at lunch today. 3 days in a row woken up at 4am for a service I never signed up for, wasn't allowed to manage, and couldn't cancel.

And it took me 3 tries to uninstall it from my phone.

If I get a text at 4am tomorrow I'm going to go postal.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They actually admitted it's a trial service that's not supposed to be live yet so even if I had signed up, it's not supposed to be backing anything up yet.

I don't know why this stuff always happens to me but it does.

I could never be a CS person, she was trying to be nice and helpful with me but she just couldn't grasp the idea that the problem was their cloud software doesn't work, that no matter what it wouldn't let me opt out, or stop it from backing up stuff that put me over a limit. That the only option was for Verizon to remove it from my account.

Finally tech support did and hopefully that solved it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still hate Verizon with a fiery passion. Now that I hate them AND Sprint, I dunno which devil I'm going with next.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still hate Verizon with a fiery passion. Now that I hate them AND Sprint, I dunno which devil I'm going with next.

tmobile has attractive family plans these days, much better speed in AZ too. I am sick of my super slow sprint phones but the price is right. Once my contracts are up I will be comparing the two before I make any decisions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Sprint in Vegas. Fast service and good pretty much everywhere. Only thing that sucks is I have zero service on the drive to AZ from Kingman to Wickenburgh. But my buddy who goes to games with me at time at Verizon has the same issue and we both have iphones. So I call no biggie!

Sprint also did me right when my son racked up a 1500 bill. They reduced it by 90% when they didn't have to they were legit charges.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love Sprint in Vegas. Fast service and good pretty much everywhere. Only thing that sucks is I have zero service on the drive to AZ from Kingman to Wickenburgh. But my buddy who goes to games with me at time at Verizon has the same issue and we both have iphones. So I call no biggie!

Sprint also did me right when my son racked up a 1500 bill. They reduced it by 90% when they didn't have to they were legit charges.

I have sprint and dont mind it but only 3g in AZ and its slowwwwwww

Spotty service in the mountains too but I dont really want service in the mountains unless I am meeting people at a remote spot and they cant find it.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
tmobile has attractive family plans these days, much better speed in AZ too. I am sick of my super slow sprint phones but the price is right. Once my contracts are up I will be comparing the two before I make any decisions.

I recently switched from Sprint to T-Mobile, 4G everywhere, unlimited everything, and my bill is cheaper then it was with Sprint.
I got tired of waiting for 4G from Sprint and there were times when my phone actually went into roaming at my house.
I'm happy with T-Mobile so far.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have sprint and dont mind it but only 3g in AZ and its slowwwwwww

Spotty service in the mountains too but I dont really want service in the mountains unless I am meeting people at a remote spot and they cant find it.

I have a 4s which doesn't have 4G capability. But my phone is never slow everything load and downloads pretty darn quick? Can you give me an idea of slow for you?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 4s which doesn't have 4G capability. But my phone is never slow everything load and downloads pretty darn quick? Can you give me an idea of slow for you?

like I fire up a youtube video to show a friend and it pauses to buffer every 5-10 second slow.

But I am not in nevada

:shrug:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn