What would you give for Kevin Love

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Suns fan community as a whole seems to have an irrational mancrush for white players (Majerle, Hornacek, Chambers, Nash, Dragic, Love), else I can't explain the absurd amount of love for Dragic while almost consistently bickering about Bledsoe (Marbury, Amare, Marion..) or wanting to trade him, but at the same time getting super-defensive and angry when someone suggests that Bledsoe is no-more or less tradeable than Dragic.

Was I just called a racist? :shrug:

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was I just called a racist? :shrug:

Hey, at least I am on the non-racist side of the argument. That's cool. Usually I'm one of the first ones to be called a racist. After all I am one of those that makes this red state red.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns fan community as a whole seems to have an irrational mancrush for white players (Majerle, Hornacek, Chambers, Nash, Dragic, Love), else I can't explain the absurd amount of love for Dragic while almost consistently bickering about Bledsoe (Marbury, Amare, Marion..) or wanting to trade him, but at the same time getting super-defensive and angry when someone suggests that Bledsoe is no-more or less tradeable than Dragic.

Hey, at least I am on the non-racist side of the argument. That's cool. Usually I'm one of the first ones to be called a racist. After all I am one of those that makes this red state red.

No, I'm pretty sure you were also called a racist. All of us that fall in the "Suns fan community as a whole" were loosely labelled "racist".

Steve

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being an allstar, even all-nba player did not save Amare, Marbury or Marion from getting hated out of town quickly.
It a simple observation that the local Phoenix fanbase rallies behind white players.
Dragic has already reached a worshipping status that nobody else before him reached except for Nash, but Dragic has done nothing so far. Say anything negative about Dragic and you have an army of followers trying to turn the discussion into trying to make Bledsoe look bad. It's annoying.

Seriously? Amare's departure was the source of so much hatred towards Sarver that he took inquiries into selling the team. Turned out, Kerr was right about the whole thing.

Marbury and Marion were money decisions, but Marion's departure produced much angst in this town. Marbury never had his heart in this team and was happy to leave.

Have you ever actually lived in Phoenix? Your perception of the fanbase around here is tortured and broken.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fan base had soured on Majerle prior to the Hot Rod Williams trade. He had a miserable playoffs in 95 and a lot of people around town and in the local media laid a heavy amount of blame on him for the Suns collapse vs Houston. If anything he is an example of the city NOT being racist because they turned on one of their beloved white guys. Granted over time the emotions changed because Williams was hot garbage, the team as a whole went down hill and Majerle maintained a local presence, eventually came back to the team and is once again loved, but at the time of the trade Majerle was hardly a favorite son.

Majerle had a lingering back injury that robbed him of his athleticism. Fans never understood that, and he wasn't about to show how much pain he was in. He had risky surgery that was supposed to alleviate the numbness in his leg and knee, but it took awhile for it to do anything what it was supposed to do.

But, you're right, Majerle left when fans were already tired of him.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Charles Barkley, Kenneth Faried, DeMarcus Cousins and prime Carlos Boozer were all good defenders in your opinion?

When you look at their impact on the defensive side of the ball, hell yes. This team would've been a monster with Charles Barkley at the 4. Barkley made the horrible Suns' defense respectable just by grabbing double-digit defensive rebounds.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team didnt trade them quickly, the fanbase turned on them very quickly however when things did not go so smoothly.

I just can't stand this constant bitching about Bledsoe for no reason and then dragging Dragic into the conversation just to hype Dragic at the expense of Bledsoe. "trade bledsoe blabla (even though it is not even possible), dragic is untouchable blabla, bledsoe turns the ball over blanblabla, dragic should be mvp blabla"

Slin, I seriously question your institutional knowledge of the Suns, and I'm now inclined to think you so defensively favor Bledsoe because he's black. Why else bring up this issue?

Goran Dragic just got named all-NBA 3rd team. He got a first-place vote. Bledsoe has some really nice qualities, but it's Dragic being recognized as the best player on this team.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Slin, I seriously question your institutional knowledge of the Suns, and I'm now inclined to think you so defensively favor Bledsoe because he's black. Why else bring up this issue?

Goran Dragic just got named all-NBA 3rd team. He got a first-place vote. Bledsoe has some really nice qualities, but it's Dragic being recognized as the best player on this team.

I'm more surprised you take Slin seriously.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I agree, the race issue has no place in this discussion. But I can guarantee you this. If Bledsoe had been healthy all year, those two players would have been considered very similarly. Great, Goran got 3rd team all NBA, he deserved it and should get it for his play this year. That does not mean that Bledsoe is that much worse of a player or that his potential has somehow disappeared.

I am done talking about this. Time will prove me right. I have no doubt.

If we go for Kevin Love, we need to keep both Bledsoe and Dragic. If we HAVE to give up a player at some point, to me the player to move is Dragic. But its a really close decision.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Goodwin should be the most untouchable Phoenix Sun.

Kevin Love has a price tag, we could definitely trade for him but Minnesota's demand will be something we should not satisfy.

If we were willing to give them Goodwin, Len, Morris, #14, #18, Lakers 2015, Phoenix 2015, Minnesota First Round pick.
How could they not do it? They would be stupid to turn that down, the Suns might even be good next year with capspace, Dragic, Bledsoe, Tucker, Love and Plumlee but at what expense?

I would much rather try everything to get the #3 pick to draft Jabari Parker than betting the house on Kevin Love.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Kevin Love has a price tag, we could definitely trade for him but Minnesota's demand will be something we should not satisfy.

If we were willing to give them Goodwin, Len, Morris, #14, #18, Lakers 2015, Phoenix 2015, Minnesota First Round pick.
How could they not do it? They would be stupid to turn that down, the Suns might even be good next year with capspace, Dragic, Bledsoe, Tucker, Love and Plumlee but at what expense?

I would much rather try everything to get the #3 pick to draft Jabari Parker than betting the house on Kevin Love.

Not sure what is happening here, but I agree 100%.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Look, I like Goodwin, but let's face it, he's no Lebron James. If we did a trade for one of the better players in the league--let's say LeMarcus Aldridge or even hypothetically Lebron--and Portland or Miami required Goodwin in the package, then you'd say "no"? Come on now.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Depends on the rest of the package but Goodwin is the last piece on this roster that I would trade.

I would rather trade Dragic, Bledsoe, Len etc before giving up Goodwin. Especially since the rest of the league that has not seen him as much will severely underrate his value.

Try talking to Minnesota fans, they think Goodwin is worth nothing.

I am 100% confident that Goodwin will be an allstar caliber player in 2 years time. And who knows how good he can be, there is no ceiling based on how hard he seems to work. He acutally reminds me of a young Kobe. Doubtful he will reach that kind of level but it is not impossible.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Depends on the rest of the package but Goodwin is the last piece on this roster that I would trade.

I would rather trade Dragic, Bledsoe, Len etc before giving up Goodwin. Especially since the rest of the league that has not seen him as much will severely underrate his value.

I am 100% confident that Goodwin will be an allstar caliber player in 2 years time. And who knows how good he can be, there is no ceiling based on how hard he seems to work. He acutally reminds me of a young Kobe. Doubtful he will reach that kind of level but it is not impossible.

I am 100% confident that Kevin Love is an actual All Star right now.
I agree that the Suns should try not to trade Goodwin, but to refuse to trade him for an actual all star, averaging 25 and 12 rebounds is crazy.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think Goodwin adds that much value to the package from the Minnesota perspective. So why trade him? We think much more of him than Minny does. Gerald Green would probably be worth more to them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Goodwin adds that much value to the package from the Minnesota perspective. So why trade him? We think much more of him than Minny does. Gerald Green would probably be worth more to them.

He was only there for maybe half a season but Green's brief time in Minnesota was a disaster. I can't imagine they'd be clamoring for his return. I know most people are ready to part with Gerald but I can't help wondering whether last year was a fluke or part of his growth process. I'd hate to just give Green away without finding the answer to that question. Granted, I'd have no problem including him in a package for Love but I don't see it happening. If he had any interest in playing for us I suspect we'd have heard it already, at least in rumor form.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It's a good thing McD wouldn't be dealing with the Minnesota fan base, rather their FO...

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am 100% confident that Kevin Love is an actual All Star right now.
I agree that the Suns should try not to trade Goodwin, but to refuse to trade him for an actual all star, averaging 25 and 12 rebounds is crazy.

not only is Kevin love an actual All-Star, but he's an actual All-Star power forward which is what everybody here keeps saying we need more than anything else. I mean Goodwin is a nice, young player, but I don't know what you've seen that gives you all this confidence that he is going to be an All-Star in two years. I'll be happy if he is a good, solid combo guard off the bench in 2 years.

Joe Mama

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
not only is Kevin love an actual All-Star, but he's an actual All-Star power forward which is what everybody here keeps saying we need more than anything else. I mean Goodwin is a nice, young player, but I don't know what you've seen that gives you all this confidence that he is going to be an All-Star in two years. I'll be happy if he is a good, solid combo guard off the bench in 2 years.

Joe Mama

We need interior defense more than anything else. And then inside scorers after that.

Kevin Love excels at neither.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need interior defense more than anything else. And then inside scorers after that.

Kevin Love excels at neither.

This is the type of stuff that is driving me insane in this thread. Kevin Love isn't an inside scorer? Than please tell me who is. Because Kevin Love has maybe the best post game in the NBA outside of Tim Duncan. He's actually really good down low. To say he's not an inside scorer is just pure BS and that tells me you don't actually know much about him. Oh you don't want a 6-10 power forward that gets you 12 rebounds a game either huh. You don't turn down a chance to get a 25 year old player like this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Xbo95U700

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
sunsfan88 said:

This is the type of stuff that is driving me insane in this thread. Kevin Love isn't an inside scorer? Than please tell me who is. Because Kevin Love has maybe the best post game in the NBA outside of Tim Duncan. He's actually really good down low. To say he's not an inside scorer is just pure BS and that tells me you don't actually know much about him. Oh you don't want a 6-10 power forward that gets you 12 rebounds a game either huh. You don't turn down a chance to get a 25 year old player like this.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Xbo95U700
Normally, I would agree with sunsfan88 that we need interior defense more than anything else.

In this case, I agree with Finito that you don't let a superstar Power Forward (scoring and rebounding) go by . . . but you also need a role-playing Center for interior defense.

If we could pull that off, we'd be a strong Championship contender, more than ever before in Suns history.

But, alas, Kevin Love is going to wind up on the Celtics. Which puts us back to sunsfan88's post. :shrug:

Errntknght

Reaction score
Marc Stein is reporting that Flip Sanders is going to take over the coaching job for the Wolves. They offered the job to two or three coaches they wanted but got turned down - I take that to mean those prospects did not think they'd be able to keep Love, and you have to admit that would be an awful way to start a new job. (I apologize if this is old news.)

It does sound like Minny is resigned to losing him...

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Trade our whole frontcourt for Love, and you have a title contender right now. Bledsoe and Dragic are the untouchable names.

Dragic, Bledsoe, Goodwin, and Green are a solid backcourt.

Keep Plumlee, Tucker, and Love as starting baseline guys, with Frye and anyone else as rotation depth.

Trade Morris, Morris, Len, and four draft picks for Love. The Wolves get their entire front line handed to them, and hope for the future. We become contenders right now. That front line grabs the hell out of rebounds and has a nasty defensive disposition, along with length and surprising athleticism for big men. Green can also play 'shooting forward' in a small ball lineup.

And as for that crappola about Suns fans only liking white players, you don't know a damn thing about the Suns history. The most beloved players are Connie Hawkins, Larry Nance, Walter Davis, Maurice Lucas, Kevin Johnson, Charles Barkley, Amare Stoudemire, along with Paul Westphal, Dick Van Arsdale, Tom Chambers, Dan Majerly, and Steve Nash. Color-blind fanaticism, just respecting the players who've been dramatic contributors to the team.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
And as for that crappola about Suns fans only liking white players, you don't know a damn thing about the Suns history. The most beloved players are Connie Hawkins, Larry Nance, Walter Davis, Maurice Lucas, Kevin Johnson, Charles Barkley, Amare Stoudemire, along with Paul Westphal, Dick Van Arsdale, Tom Chambers, Dan Majerly, and Steve Nash. Color-blind fanaticism, just respecting the players who've been dramatic contributors to the team.

Right on. I love how a foreigner comes in here and tells a whole fan base that they're racists.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard