What would a future be without Kyler?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have doubts about Kyler, but that doesn't mean I want him to fail. I want him to prove me wrong and defy NFL history. But in the end, he is just another in a long line of players that have suited up for my favorite team.
I was a Cardinals fan before he was born and I'll be one long after he takes his last snap for us.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you agree that his height means nothing at all? You are all over the place.
If the goal is to win a Super Bowl his height matters in that no one that short has ever won the big game. Hopefully, he'll become the first 5'10" QB to win one. And the third Heisman winner to win one as a QB, too.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the goal is to win a Super Bowl his height matters in that no one that short has ever won the big game. Hopefully, he'll become the first 5'10" QB to win one. And the third Heisman winner to win one as a QB, too.
Plenty of 6' and below have won.

No Cardinal has won a SB at any height. This is just nonsense.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I still believe in Kyler. I was one of the first on this board to lobby for him. This is a make or break year for him. Expectations are low right now. If he carries us further than expected, he will have earned the contract coming his way. Kingsbury must show improvement, as well. He has been every bit as frustrating as K1.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Our future looks pretty bleak with or without. It’s the Cardinals not rocket science.
w/Oline probably sucking and Pouty McMidget sliding into sacks. to avoid contact... Hopefully AZ will have the #1 overall when Arch Manning comes out, but Grandpa Archie would probably force a trade like with Eli

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does this ring a bell?

Attachments

• 3DAEEA92-6415-4F49-BA2D-7942AB3886F7.jpeg
    3DAEEA92-6415-4F49-BA2D-7942AB3886F7.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 11

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nope, I absolutely didn't. I thought we would "reload" instead of start fresh.

Right now, I feel like our team is so broken that we have to suffer through a couple of years of bad before we can get back to good, or just be mired in mediocrity forever.
11-6 is not broken. And it took a complete meltdown for this team to only have 11 wins.

Now with that said this team obviously has issues. But for Kliff & Kyler to inherit the worst offense in the history of the nfl and to go from 3 wins, to 5 wins, to 8 wins, to 11 wins…We’ll IMO, regardless of what dysfunctions exist, this progress cannot be written off like so many like to do.

I think they next and fair step is to expect a playoff win this season. Not a super bowl, not multiple playoff wins. Just win one. If they do that, it’s a successful season in my book.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's what puzzles me in these threads lots of people clearly don't want to keep Kyler think he's too immature, too soft etc, but they all seem to think we can trade him for multiple picks and or players.
Right, and we know drafting isn’t the organization’s strong suit m.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And KM's stat line in the wild card round?
You must be registered for see images attach

Also really bad, but pretty comparable to Palmer's 2015 NFC Championship meltdown.

I have never tried to defend Kyler's Wild Card performance, so I'm not sure what you are going for here. The post I responded to said that Carson would never choke like Kyler did, which just isn't true.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Palmer’s big game meltdowns are going brain dead. Kyler’s are more getting shook. Probably a bit of both for both QB’s and equally painful as a fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose