What would a future be without Kyler?

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
*This is a neutral post. There’s no defending or slandering Kyler Murray from me*

Say if he really did get traded for picks & players. What would the near and/or distant future be like for this team? Where would the organization go from here? Would you have faith in the FO to make the correct moves?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I have faith in the FO? Absolutely not.

But do I have faith in Kyler that he can be anything more then a half the season entertaining QB? That he isn’t likely to be injury prone? That he can learn to actually see the whole field? Can stop panicking under pressure? Can learn the art of stepping up in the pocket? Can change and become an avid studier of the game as opposed to Admitting he doesn’t take certain areas of his craft seriously? Believe he is worth 50 million a season considering all the above? Believe in anyway he is THE GUY that can get this team to a SB?

Absolutely not!

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We would become one of the teams whose fans are currently gushing over the idea of trading for Kyler. We'd be in the QB doldrums and back to where we seem to subconsciously want to be. A self-flagellating set of fans who are only happy when we can complain about sucking very very hard whilst oddly hoping for a QB saviour each off-season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’d be the 2018 version of ourselves, but for many years. Keim would miss on every draft pick that was recouped in the trade. I don’t care how big of a jackass Kyler looks like, I will never believe he or any other Cardinal is a bigger problem than Keim in this entire franchise. Well, really, Bidwill since he refuses to fire him. Just like he has been years before Kyler & Kliff even arrived here, Keim will continue to be the dark cloud hovering over this organization.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But do I have faith in Kyler that he can be anything more then a half the season entertaining QB? That he isn’t likely to be injury prone? That he can learn to actually see the whole field? Can stop panicking under pressure? Can learn the art of stepping up in the pocket? Can change and become an avid studier of the game as opposed to Admitting he doesn’t take certain areas of his craft seriously? Believe he is worth 50 million a season considering all the above? Believe in anyway he is THE GUY that can get this team to a SB?

Absolutely not!
Well put

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Our future would be dim because in my opinion the recent success of current young QBs is not going to be the norm and those are just rare amazing QB classes. I would give Kyler an extension, sure. I expect it will be around 50 million a year now due to the nature of the beast but I cannot stand Kyler's agent. It's not what he's asking for but how he is going about trying to get that money when he should allow this team to concentrate on the draft... then hammer this out in the summer so his client is not only financially secure but on the field too

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That depends. If we get a haul and a high enough pick to draft a good QB this season, we may be better off--if the QB pans out. Or we could make the wrong choice, or not get a high enough pick, and suck.

If we trade him, I'm all for Pickett.

Yeah we'd have to get Pickett this year and hope he pans out. If that didn't happen then it would be QB purgatory because I think McCoy in this offense is good enough to get you to 500.

Our future would be dim because in my opinion the recent success of current young QBs is not going to be the norm and those are just rare amazing QB classes. I would give Kyler an extension, sure. I expect it will be around 50 million a year now due to the nature of the beast but I cannot stand Kyler's agent. It's not what he's asking for but how he is going about trying to get that money when he should allow this team to concentrate on the draft... then hammer this out in the summer so his client is not only financially secure but on the field too

That guy is my least favorite figure in sports at this point. I know he's looking out for his clients, but he has no regard for the team's success or the fans. Does he have a Twitter page we can troll? :evil:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we'd have to get Pickett this year and hope he pans out. If that didn't happen then it would be QB purgatory because I think McCoy in this offense is good enough to get you to 500.

That guy is my least favorite figure in sports at this point. I know he's looking out for his clients, but he has no regard for the team's success or the fans. Does he have a Twitter page we can troll? :evil:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score

Absolutely not!

100% this

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’d be the 2018 version of ourselves, but for many years. Keim would miss on every draft pick that was recouped in the trade. I don’t care how big of a jackass Kyler looks like, I will never believe he or any other Cardinal is a bigger problem than Keim in this entire franchise. Well, really, Bidwill since he refuses to fire him. Just like he has been years before Kyler & Kliff even arrived here, Keim will continue to be the dark cloud hovering over this organization.
1000X this.

The idea that we’d have to trade Kyler Murray means one thing… Keim in essence admitting failure with his second 1st round QB taken in back to back years… and a 1st overall pick no less. The idea that Kyler could go but Keim would continue here would make me sick.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is copied from another post I just made with a few edits to fit this thread. If you trade Murray it may look like this:

First you off load what could be a potential problem going into the 2022 season and uncertainty at QB and the unanswered question of Murray being capable of leading this team to playoff success and you pick up a boat load of picks (both 2022 and 2023) to not only fill some holes in the team but to also make the team younger for the long term run. Imagine being able to fill the holes at WR, G, Edge and CB in the first three rounds and still be holding onto draft capital for 2023. You then trade for Mayfield on the cheap and test drive Mayfield and see what he has to offer.

If Mayfield works out you sign him to a long term contract and and move forward, if he doesn't you are sitting on some picks to move up in the draft (which is supposed to be a much better draft for QBs) and now you still have cap space because you are now on another cheap rookie contract at QB and a bunch of other rookie contracts. You will need the cap space to fix the Oline since it's filled with UFAs in 2023. Look at what the Bengals did to fix their Oline this past FA season.

Is it a gamble, of course it is as none of this is guaranteed yet the potential to fix the team long term is there and probably worth the gamble. I for one am tired of seeing holes filled with prove it contracts and older veterans who have seen their better days long pass them by or whose potential for injury are much better than completing a entire season on the field.

The only fly in this ointment (and it's a pretty sizeable fly) is Keim and how much faith do you have in him being able to draft well enough to fill the holes and swing deals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We may never know how good Kyler Murray is unless he is traded. That's really a sad dilemma.

It's hard to know how much is on Murray. I have just as many or more doubts about Kingsbury and Keim.

The Cardinals had a golden opportunity to start over this past off season and blew it.

I guess to answer the question, the future is probably about the same with or without Murray.

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think we may be screwed either way. Murray has made himself a stench to many, and fans will be quick to turn on him if he does not immediately improve both on and off the field. If we let him walk, we are at the mercy of Keim (shudder) and fate - the results of which could lead to yet another long season of unhappiness.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think we may be screwed either way. Murray has made himself a stench to many, and fans will be quick to turn on him if he does not immediately improve both on and off the field. If we let him walk, we are at the mercy of Keim (shudder) and fate - the results of which could lead to yet another long season of unhappiness.
He's close to hitting Wentz in Philly level.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Long and painful with qbs like skelton hall haha for bit till kyler replacment found

Only way id trade kyler is for top picks where u can snag a top rookie qb god.... lol malik etc and a player on top

Hope us card fans get good news regardin kyler soon

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I can’t help but chuckle when I read these sentiments. What do you think the agents job is? It is solely to look out for his client. He is literally meant to be the bad guy so his client doesn’t take the heat. He has ZERO responsibility for the team or the fans.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Absolutely not!

If there's one thing Keim has done right (and really the key to all his success) is that one season aside he's always given us good QBs.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We would become one of the teams whose fans are currently gushing over the idea of trading for Kyler. We'd be in the QB doldrums and back to where we seem to subconsciously want to be. A self-flagellating set of fans who are only happy when we can complain about sucking very very hard whilst oddly hoping for a QB saviour each off-season.
AMEN! Finally a real fan.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim should lean all the way into his quest to build the 2015 Dream Team:

Sign Julio
Bring Phillip Rivers out of retirement
Sign Duane Brown
Sign Carlos Dunlap
Sign Kyle Long

Nobody under 30 sees the field on offense except Conner.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose