What would a future be without Kyler?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s funny cause I’m sure you had the same thought process in 2018.
Nope, I absolutely didn't. I thought we would "reload" instead of start fresh.

Right now, I feel like our team is so broken that we have to suffer through a couple of years of bad before we can get back to good, or just be mired in mediocrity forever.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's not a huge sample size, sure, but it shows some of Murray's shortcomings that McCoy could step in and be successful.

McCoy pretty well handled a fairly good Niners team and beat a division rival in the Seahawks.

He played really well in both those games and absolutely horribly against Carolina.

I like colt, I don't want him starting anywhere near 17 games next year

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s funny cause I’m sure you had the same thought process in 2018.
Instead they came in 3rd out of 4 teams in the race to sign Kirk freaking Cousins.

But I'm sure more free agent QBs will want to sign here if they see a QB who was OROY and has 2 Pro Bowl to his name get bounced before his rookie contract ends.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards would always suck if they trade KM
We’ve had our best years without him (including a Super Bowl appearance) so I think we’ll be okay.

One horrid playoff game with him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t help but chuckle when I read these sentiments. What do you think the agents job is? It is solely to look out for his client. He is literally meant to be the bad guy so his client doesn’t take the heat. He has ZERO responsibility for the team or the fans.
So why didn’t the other QBs in similar contract situations go through the same embarrassing crap we have gone through with Kyler and his agent? :shrug:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So why didn’t the other QBs in similar contract situations go through the same embarrassing crap we have gone through with Kyler and his agent? :shrug:
I’m guessing because their teams were communicating with them and working out the frameworks of their contracts—showing seriousness in completing their goal on time.

The complaint from former players who hate Keim is that he’s not upfront with the plans for them. You don’t have to be as a GM—it’s not a condition of the job—be be prepared for your players not to trust you.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m guessing because their teams were communicating with them and working out the frameworks of their contracts—showing seriousness in completing their goal on time.

The complaint from former players who hate Keim is that he’s not upfront with the plans for them. You don’t have to be as a GM—it’s not a condition of the job—be be prepared for your players not to trust you.
Meh. Kyler’s still under contract. No obligation to renegotiate a deal until after the draft when these deals historically have been handled. Kyler and his agent pressing so hard after sucking so visibly in the playoffs is the definition of bad timing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s harsh criticism, but I really sense some vile hatred here, lol.

Despite his behavior, let’s not act like he has been useless since he got here.
No vile hatred. Wasn’t a fan of the pick and still remain a fan that feels he needs to prove it to us. So far he’s played well at times, collapsed down the stretch the past two seasons, and alienated much of the fan base with his on the bench and off the field attitude. Diehard season ticket holder that’s sick of watching home losses.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Perhaps due to a potentially endless number of reasons to which we are not privy.

Maybe the organizations already communicated their plans to the agent/QBs and they found them palatable.

Maybe kyler, or his dad, are whining for some action.

Maybe the sky was purple.

Who knows? All we do know is that kyler hired this guy. His job is to do his best for kyler. He’s done what he’s done. Kyler hasn’t refuted anything or fired him. He’s kylers representative.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep I know Rosen hasn't panned out at all but he's been pretty clear the Cards, the day of the draft, still hadn't admitted to him they were drafting Kyler. They did admit it before they picked Kyler they notified Josh that they were going to trade him but until the day of the draft they told him he was in their long term plans.

Now I get why they wanted to keep things close to the vest, but he was pretty clear they weren't honest with him. He said he understood it was a business.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
One word Better (only) if zkeim gets a boat load of picks and actually uses them in real players Not any Small school Reaches I HAVE DOUBTS ABOUT THAT BTW

Oklahoma Card

Reaction score
I saw where Eagles are interested in trading for Murray. If this trade included Hurts, would you be happy with Hurts?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel with Keim / Kingsbury we are 50% likely FUBAR'd with Kyler until they get fired. We will continue to rely on old / injury prone / washed up talent and draft poorly leading to bad late season fades. We will continue to make foolish cap related decisions.

Without Kyler I would say 90% FUBAR'd.

Our history of QB's for the last 3 decades tells me that.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I feel with Keim / Kingsbury we are 50% likely FUBAR'd with Kyler until they get fired. We will continue to rely on old / injury prone / washed up talent and draft poorly leading to bad late season fades. We will continue to make foolish cap related decisions.

Without Kyler I would say 90% FUBAR'd.

Our history of QB's for the last 3 decades tells me that.
I think Kingsbury really isn't an issue. Did he deserve a 5 year extension? No, but he has grown as a coach every year and has shown the ability to improve on weaknesses in the off-season. If he had gotten a 3 year deal, there would be less to complain about.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yep I know Rosen hasn't panned out at all but he's been pretty clear the Cards, the day of the draft, still hadn't admitted to him they were drafting Kyler. They did admit it before they picked Kyler they notified Josh that they were going to trade him but until the day of the draft they told him he was in their long term plans.

Now I get why they wanted to keep things close to the vest, but he was pretty clear they weren't honest with him. He said he understood it was a business.
For some reason the Cardinals were being secretive. Maybe they thought Rosen's value was higher that way?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Kingsbury really isn't an issue. Did he deserve a 5 year extension? No, but he has grown as a coach every year and has shown the ability to improve on weaknesses in the off-season. If he had gotten a 3 year deal, there would be less to complain about.
This is my thoughts.

Keim is the real problem. With Murray and Kingsbury, we've seen growth. I think with Keim, what you see is what you get. His inability to hit on draft picks will always make it hard to build a team that is good for long.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently plenty of teams are still interested in Murray. This tells me that other organizations feel this is a roster talent / management issue not a player issue.

That's what puzzles me in these threads lots of people clearly don't want to keep Kyler think he's too immature, too soft etc, but they all seem to think we can trade him for multiple picks and or players.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason the Cardinals were being secretive. Maybe they thought Rosen's value was higher that way?

I don't know and again Josh wasn't really complaining he was just answering the direct question on when he knew.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave