What would a future be without Kyler?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
15 attempts rushing for 81 yards and 2 TDs is probably why the Bills still beat the Falcons despite the 3 ints. Jags game was bad, but I think Allen's two playoff wins and 4500 yard, 37 td season in 2020 bought him a little grace.

Kyler doesn't belong in any conversation with Josh Allen and Tom Brady. And to pin Kyler's bad performances on Kliff is also garbage. That is babying of a top QB that I don't feel any other top QB gets.
Kyler was garbage and so was Kliff. Thats not babying. Thats a fact.

And a HC sets the tone. He took his foot off the gas after the Cowboys win. Seahawks said after the game they felt the team wasnt ready to play and sure enough they didnt look ready for the playoffs. That is on Kliff.

And yes Kyler was gawd awful in the playoffs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dunno crazy thought - but maybe take a look at the Seahawks roster his first 3 years.

I mean, if rate stats are all that matter (which is some say when others note that Kyler hasn't found a way to exceed 4000 passing yards in any of his three professional seasons), it's hard to argue that Russ wasn't better, even if you take QB Winz out of the equation.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I mean, if rate stats are all that matter (which is some say when others note that Kyler hasn't found a way to exceed 4000 passing yards in any of his three professional seasons), it's hard to argue that Russ wasn't better, even if you take QB Winz out of the equation.
Kyler adopted one of the worse rosters ever… Seattle won 7 games with, Tavaris Jackson as QB the previous year.

RW3 is an HOFer imo and no I don’t think Kyler is close to that level at all… I do however feel like he would have succeeded just as well in that run heavy offense with one of the best defenses in the modern era for from 2012-2014 (RW3’s first 3 years)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kyler adopted one of the worse rosters ever… Seattle won 7 games with, Tavaris Jackson as QB the previous year.

RW3 is an HOFer imo and no I don’t think Kyler is close to that level at all… I do however feel like he would have succeeded just as well in that run heavy offense with one of the best defenses in the modern era for from 2012-2014 (RW3’s first 3 years)
I’m not taking about QB wins though. Russ’s rate stats are just as good or better than Kyler’s.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not taking about QB wins though. Russ’s rate stats are just as good or better than Kyler’s.
And I’m talking about give Kyler - Prime Marshawn Lynch 1500 rush yards that rookie season, that scheme and team and I don’t see RW3 being much of any better those first 3 years. Also, a great defense helps an offense quite a bit if you haven’t noticed

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Cardinals fans are so used to not having a franchise QB that a lot of them don't realize that franchise QBs do have terrible games sometimes. Kyler sucked in the playoffs so its "damn, I guess hes not a franchise QB, time to tank until we find a new one". I think there is a high chance we go another 50 years before drafting another QB as good as Kyler.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
w/o Kyler, we’d be more solid but much more boring,
Solid? Certainly we would have been in contention for a top 5 pick streak
I wouldn't even watch this team without him, but not cause of the boring thing but because the zero chance of being competitive
Meanwhile, i understand the critics he receive, fans wants more, considering his talent

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think Cardinals fans are so used to not having a franchise QB that a lot of them don't realize that franchise QBs do have terrible games sometimes. Kyler sucked in the playoffs so its "damn, I guess hes not a franchise QB, time to tank until we find a new one". I think there is a high chance we go another 50 years before drafting another QB as good as Kyler.
Yeah, in the playoffs, and in like 7 or 8 games to clinch the playoffs or division or whatever. So, yeah, he's had bad days--in every single game of real meaning. That's not a franchise QB in any way, shape, or form. Sure, he has time to turn that around, but until he does, he's a stats monster and little more. And even the stats monster is in question, because the next time he throws for 4000 yards will be the first.

So, yes, KM very much still has tons to prove for me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a playoff team. It's weird. I think Kyler has a ton to prove. He is good enough for us to play good for stretches but the late season collapses show no consistent level of play.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Crazy that I probably “trust” Kliff the most out of the big 4. (Bidwill, Keim, Kliff, Kyler)
Agreed. I think Kliff easily gets another job in the NFL if he was fired. Probably an OC at first, but he'd likely be on a short list to get another HC job.

The same peopl who bash Kliff also bash Keim. An 11 win team has to have SOME things go right, and a clear sign that some things are right about Kliff was the wins with McCoy.