What to Take from McCoy’s Performance

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Coaching / play calling was better, more QB friendly but still 2-1 pass to run ratio. Can feel the fear when Conner gets the ball and it opens up play action, why 44 pass attempts with high percentage ? Well we go long streaks without a run, until we need to bring up the linebackers and safety again, for the pass game. It’s working but think better balance would work better. Good job colt, thanks for being a Cardinal.
We used the screens and short dump offs like our running attack and ever so often Colt would drop a pass between the Linebackers and Safeties to keep the defense honest.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Colt McCoy was given a gameplan that suited him (with a couple of major crap calls) and he executed it. Also, it helped he was playing a Seahawks team that is god awful. BUT, that's what a good backup does, takes what he's given and executes it well.

If he started next game it may be crappy McCoy again. Because Kliff would probably say "Wow! He's better than I thought" and go back to cutesy calls. KM has to start next game no matter what. McCoy did his job but it's pine time again for him. Mop up duty the rest of the way.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Colt McCoy was given a gameplan that suited him (with a couple of major crap calls) and he executed it. Also, it helped he was playing a Seahawks team that is god awful. BUT, that's what a good backup does, takes what he's given and executes it well.

If he started next game it may be crappy McCoy again. Because Kliff would probably say "Wow! He's better than I thought" and go back to cutesy calls. KM has to start next game no matter what. McCoy did his job but it's pine time again for him. Mop up duty the rest of the way.
There is no need to put any emphasis on a few crap calls... good god look at McCoy's performance lol

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is no need to put any emphasis on a few crap calls... good god look at McCoy's performance lol
No emphasis just a paranthetical observation, one was almost a safety. Just stating facts. McCoy was stellar for the most part. KK went total KK a few times. It ended up a great win.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
No emphasis just a paranthetical observation, one was almost a safety. Just stating facts. McCoy was stellar for the most part. KK went total KK a few times. It ended up a great win.
A few bad play calls is a given regardless how good of a playcaller you are. Sometimes the defense just makes the right call or the defenders on the field just make a great play as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colt McCoy has impressed me with his ability to direct the team. He is cerebral back there. Also he surprised me with some of his runs.

He has guided the Cardinals to two wins as a backup quarterback. I will take it.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Colt McCoy has impressed me with his ability to direct the team. He is cerebral back there. Also he surprised me with some of his runs.

He has guided the Cardinals to two wins as a backup quarterback. I will take it.
Yep, on the road with wins against divisional teams.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Kliff Kingsbury has done well enough to coach the Cardinals to a 9-2 record.

I thought McCoy played well....in Kingsburys offense, running Kingsburys plays. This anti-Kingsbury narrative looks more ridiculous every week.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I thought McCoy played well....in Kingsburys offense, running Kingsburys plays. This anti-Kingsbury narrative looks more ridiculous every week.

Looking forward to a new GM who isn't a drunk, a new HC/play-caller who wasn't a loser in College, and a D-C who has really simple concepts. And while I'm at it, the money-grubbing Bidwill's should sell the team. ;)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Good grief. I am NOT "anti-Kingsbury". In fact, I think it was on the game thread, I stated that he is without a doubt Coach of the Year so far this season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
A few bad play calls is a given regardless how good of a playcaller you are. Sometimes the defense just makes the right call or the defenders on the field just make a great play as well.
How do you explain the timeout to wipeout a TD? That’s just a coach outthinking himself.

Kliff called a great game, second tune in three weeks, but that doesn’t change his klifffarts that still pop up from time to time.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
How do you explain the timeout to wipeout a TD? That’s just a coach outthinking himself.

Kliff called a great game, second tune in three weeks, but that doesn’t change his klifffarts that still pop up from time to time.
First of all that isn’t playcalling and secondly every coach makes a boneheaded decision pretty much every game. Whether that be a play call that gets blown up or calling a bad timeout.

My point in the end is that there isn’t much point in criticizing and hanging onto a couple bad things when everyone has a couple bad calls or decisions throughout a game.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

So, do you want Kliff coaching the Cardinals next year or not...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, do you want Kliff coaching the Cardinals next year or not...
Where did I say anything that can even remotely be construed as questioning whether he’s the right coach at present? That’s you creating a false narrative for me. Board needs less of that BS.

It’s okay to point out an error. For gods sake people were calling for beachums head Sunday and he’s a leading pro bowl vote getter. Doesn’t mean his penalty wasn’t a stupid one. Also doesn’t mean anyone wants to cut him.

Perspective people.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose