What the Cards Lack

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I agree changing coaches is a Hail Mary. That said, sometimes those work. Since he can’t be traded, I’m just asking for an alternate theory of how to change Murray beyond a new coach
Drafting a QB in the first round????

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
No chance
I agree, however what else could give Murray a kick in the pants. He has his money, there is no threat to unseat him from starting QB. It certainly appears that he isn't being pressured to buckle down and do the things necessary to become a more complete QB. The organization as a whole has given Murray no reason or purpose to become better at his craft and go the extra mile to become an elite QB.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For one I never would have paid him. I was always against it.

Second, I'd tell him if he doesn't put the work in next offseason to improve in these areas then he won't start.
So empty threats. Those always seem to work out well.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People seem to think you have to start Kyler because he got paid. Even if he is playing poorly and not doing the things he should do.

Which is pretty weird to be honest.

The money don't mean **** to a head coach. Nor should it. The only thing that matters is putting out the team best suited to win and if your QB isn't leading by example, Isn't leading on the field and Isn't performing well or doing all the things required for them to have confidence in them starting then they should not start.

Whether they are getting paid like Geno Smith or Kyler Murray.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree changing coaches is a Hail Mary. That said, sometimes those work. Since he can’t be traded, I’m just asking for an alternate theory of how to change Murray beyond a new coach
This is the proper place to be. You have two years after this one before you can feasibly get out of Kyler's deal. A smart organization would do what ever it takes now to gather enough info to make that decision by then.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The amount of holes this team has is scary. Gonna be even worse when Byron departs.
You have weapons.. if not suspended and healthy - which is a big IF on this team. With that said, I’d just go all in on offense (which is what I said to do last season) as there is no way to fill all the holes on both side of the ball. Being mediocre and not excelling in the trenches on both side of the ball is not an option for any real success.

Just go all OL in the off-season, top draft picks and free agents.. go get yourself a breakaway speedster at RB in the later rounds.

Still won’t matter if we still have Kliffy at HC though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The amount of holes this team has is scary. Gonna be even worse when Byron departs.
I go back and forth on this.

There are some decent pieces on this roster.

Offensively, Hopkins, Brown, Dortch, and Moore is a nice core of weapons. RB is an issue but an easy one to solve. TE doesn't really get used so it is fine. The OL is a mess, specifically C, but DJ is good and Hern was ok. The team should be playing BEachum at LT from here out so they can see JOnes at RT.

Defense lacks in some key areas but this upcoming draft is solid in those areas. If you re-sign Allen and Murphy that is a good start. Budda, Jalen, Murphy, and Allen are good right now. Simmons and Collins and Marco are ok. Too soon on Cam and Myjai but they look ok.

It is not Texans barren is my point

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Offensively, Hopkins, Brown, Dortch, and Moore is a nice core of weapons. RB is an issue but an easy one to solve. TE doesn't really get used so it is fine. The OL is a mess, specifically C, but DJ is good and Hern was ok. The team should be playing BEachum at LT from here out so they can see JOnes at RT.

Defense lacks in some key areas but this upcoming draft is solid in those areas. If you re-sign Allen and Murphy that is a good start. Budda, Jalen, Murphy, and Allen are good right now. Simmons and Collins and Marco are ok. Too soon on Cam and Myjai but they look ok.

It's crazy because of the Cardinals can have a solid offseason and add a stud in the draft, they could be right back to winning again.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's crazy because of the Cardinals can have a solid offseason and add a stud in the draft, they could be right back to winning again.
I think rather they'd need a HoF caliber draft and several studs to go back to challenging for anything other than a wild card. If you mean 9-8 and a wild card shot, probably not even that, given the KM injury. If he comes back at 100 percent AND shows some serious improvement AND Keim somehow drafts a stud and has a solid offseason, I think challenging for a wild card is our ceiling.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talent-on-paper wise currently, we’re not that much better than the Texans.

That’s how badly Keim has driven this roster to the ground.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If you re-sign Allen and Murphy, FA money for any high tier players is pretty much gone, right?
Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Next season is a burn it down to rebuild it season. We shouldn't be signing splash players anyway. Re-signing those two would be good business moving forward.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not necessarily a bad thing, though. Next season is a burn it down to rebuild it season. We shouldn't be signing splash players anyway. Re-signing those two would be good business moving forward.
Murphy played his last ever down for the Cardinals weeks ago. Watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose