What movies have you walked out of?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time ago, on a date ( hate movie dates but she begged ), Purple Rose of Cairo. 20 minutes in I told her, I can't watch this thing, let's go. She objected and I offered her cab money. She called my bluff. I gave her the money and the popcorn. No bluff.
I've never seen the movie, but this story is awesome. You should have taken the popcorn, though. :)

I've only walked out on one movie...I don't remember what it was called, but should have come out in 1991, when I was first dating my now-ex husband.

Movies I wish I had walked out of:
The Thin Red Line (let the blasting begin...my #1 most hated movie of all time)
James and the Giant Peach
North

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the movie, but this story is awesome. You should have taken the popcorn, though. :)

I've only walked out on one movie...I don't remember what it was called, but should have come out in 1991, when I was first dating my now-ex husband.

North

The Thin Red Line was AWFUL!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

North
The original (1964) or the remake?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1076859-thin_red_line

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I would have walked out of White Chicks had I not been with a bunch of friends. Dumbest movie ever and I protested having to watch it in the first place, but I lost the vote on what we were seeing. I hate democracy, I want to be in charge!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would have walked out of White Chicks had I not been with a bunch of friends. Dumbest movie ever and I protested having to watch it in the first place, but I lost the vote on what we were seeing. I hate democracy, I want to be in charge!

Ha ha, I loved the movie. Damn funny.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The cabin in the woods
There's an ironic twist with you walking out on this movie.

Personally I walked out on 1 movie and it had nothing to do with the movie but our seats. When we went to see Snake Eyes, the theater was packed and the only seats available were in the front row all the way on the end. Couldn't see the screen. We left and even got our money back. Other than that, I don't go to many movies to walk out on many but I've turned off many a home rental.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deep Impact towards the very end when the huge wave was about to come crashing down. Had like a mini panic attack thinking about being in that scenArio, as unlikely as it is. I was in my teens when that movie came out and it just triggered me.

I've never walked out of a movie simply cuz it sucked though.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lmao I freaking LOVE that movie!

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lmao I freaking LOVE that movie!

Ur not so cranky. ;)

Sometimes really dumb movies like that you just have to be in the mood for.

Years back, I saw Malibu's most Wanted in the theater on a date, because SHE wanted to see it, lol. I hated it, I thought it was so idiotic even for a movie that was trying to be stupid. I couldn't even pretend to like it to impress the date I was with! lol

But then it came on TV after something I was watching years later, and I laughed quite a bit and wondered why I bothered hating such a silly movie. :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, I thought that movie was good! Too vulgar, or just didn't cut it?

It was a free screening that we knew nothing about other than it was a war movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. So we expected a more traditional war movie instead of one that went on and on about how your loved ones back home were most likely cheating on you. The profanity was so prevalent that it took you right out of the movie too. F this, F that, etc. Seemed to be overkill even for a war movie. Just lost interest rather quickly.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
It was a free screening that we knew nothing about other than it was a war movie with Jake Gyllenhaal. So we expected a more traditional war movie instead of one that went on and on about how your loved ones back home were most likely cheating on you. The profanity was so prevalent that it took you right out of the movie too. F this, F that, etc. Seemed to be overkill even for a war movie. Just lost interest rather quickly.
Definitely a lot of profanity, and with the type of humor involved...seemed to be targeting the younger crowd. Although...have you ever seen the documentaries Restrepo, or Korengal? Those rangers act very similar to the marines in Jarhead.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Loved and still love this movie. I am all about the slapstick/dumb humor though. Doesn't take much to entertain me!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bill and Teds excellent adventure was the first.... I made it 15 minutes or so.

I'm a huge Seth McFarland fan (although Family guy and American Dad have been in a steep decline IMO)

The wife and I walked out of Ted 2 before the halfway mark, and I vowed to never watch another McFarland movie..... I gave in and zapped "A million ways to die in the west" on demand.... Turned that off after 20 minutes or so...just awful.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bill and Teds excellent adventure was the first.... I made it 15 minutes or so.

I'm a huge Seth McFarland fan (although Family guy and American Dad have been in a steep decline IMO)

The wife and I walked out of Ted 2 before the halfway mark, and I vowed to never watch another McFarland movie..... I gave in and zapped "A million ways to die in the west" on demand.... Turned that off after 20 minutes or so...just awful.

Sacrilege!

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed. Heinous, most non triumphant. :mulli:

In my defense, I was never a stoner, but played in a band for 8 years with 4 of them, they all had that Jeff Spicoli "dude speak" going non-stop, I wasn't up to listening to it during a whole movie :D

I know it has become somewhat of a cult classic, Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
In my defense, I was never a stoner, but played in a band for 8 years with 4 of them, they all had that Jeff Spicoli "dude speak" going non-stop, I wasn't up to listening to it during a whole movie :D

I know it has become somewhat of a cult classic, Maybe I'll give it another shot.

No worries man, to each their own. It is an exceeding stupid and ridiculous movie! Which is what those of us who love it, love about it but I would never fault anyone for turning the channel lol. It's like a guilty pleasure thing.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No worries man, to each their own. It is an exceeding stupid and ridiculous movie! Which is what those of us who love it, love about it but I would never fault anyone for turning the channel lol. It's like a guilty pleasure thing.

I'm completely guilty of loving ridiculous and stupid humor, I even enjoyed Dude, where's my car!

My wife is almost 10 years younger than me, and recently I tried sharing some of my all time favorite "ridiculous " movies.... I made her watch History of the world, and she hated it, and to be honest, for a movie I loved when I was younger, and have seen more than half a dozen times.... It didn't stand the test of time with me....Besides a few scenes, I kept wondering why I loved it so much.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a movie in the early 80's called "Liquid Sky". To this day I am not really sure what it was about.

I just Wiki'd it and it appears to have great reviews. I had to leave - I did not enjoy it at all.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm completely guilty of loving ridiculous and stupid humor, I even enjoyed Dude, where's my car!

My wife is almost 10 years younger than me, and recently I tried sharing some of my all time favorite "ridiculous " movies.... I made her watch History of the world, and she hated it, and to be honest, for a movie I loved when I was younger, and have seen more than half a dozen times.... It didn't stand the test of time with me....Besides a few scenes, I kept wondering why I loved it so much.

I had a similar experience with that movie. I think you have to be just the right amount of baked for that film to work lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson