What movies have you walked out of?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You walked out of A Fish Called Wanda? That's a frickin' classic comedy.

"What's that, K-K-K-K-Ken?"

LOL my favorite part as well. Kevin Kline is so great in that film

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Movies my wife and I walked out of; Death to Smoochy, Meet Joe Black, The Shadow, The cabin in the woods, Seven years in Tibet.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I didn't walk out of the movie, but everyone else did for this movie- Master of Disguise with Dana Carvey. Hard for me to leave a movie regardless how bad it is, but there were about 30 people in there with us and when the movie ended we were the only ones left in it.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
"You did it! You offed the old lady!"

Winners, like North Vietnam?

Shut up. We didn't lose Vietnam. It was a tie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize so many people walk out of movies. Crazy.

what's crazy about being bored out of your mind and wanting to do something else when you realize you don't care about what's going on on screen.

I think it's crazier to just in a dark room watching something you could care less about simply because there's still more to not care about yet to come.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I walked out of The Avengers (1998).

I fall asleep during a lot of movies, but that's just me and not the movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
what's crazy about being bored out of your mind and wanting to do something else when you realize you don't care about what's going on on screen.

I think it's crazier to just in a dark room watching something you could care less about simply because there's still more to not care about yet to come.

You of all people know that as students of film and storytelling, knowing what is bad and doesn't work is just as important as knowing what is.

Just surprised that people have no problem spending a large amount of money on something and then just giving up on it so easily.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You of all people know that as students of film and storytelling, knowing what is bad and doesn't work is just as important as knowing what is.

Just surprised that people have no problem spending a large amount of money on something and then just giving up on it so easily.

Cutting losses on bad mistakes, that's all.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score

Not out of any money. Just go to the customer service desk and get a voucher for another movie.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time ago, on a date ( hate movie dates but she begged ), Purple Rose of Cairo. 20 minutes in I told her, I can't watch this thing, let's go. She objected and I offered her cab money. She called my bluff. I gave her the money and the popcorn. No bluff.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Reign Over Me and Ghost Dog are the only ones. I really wanted to walk out of Hope Floats too, but my date was into it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Drowning Mona. Back when I was just dating my wife--she decided she wanted to see it. She fell asleep and I was bored to tears, I woke her up and we walked out.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never walked out, but my Mom did make us drive out once when the first scene in the horror movie had nudity. I thought the cinematography was excellent and couldn't understand the decision. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Long time ago, on a date ( hate movie dates but she begged ), Purple Rose of Cairo. 20 minutes in I told her, I can't watch this thing, let's go. She objected and I offered her cab money. She called my bluff. I gave her the money and the popcorn. No bluff.

Too bad, Purple Rose is great.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

as to point 1 - when I know something's bad, I don't need to learn anything from it. I've written plenty of bad on my own and learned from that! ;)

as to spending money on something... can't speak for others, but time is more valuable than money for me. And when something is TERRIBLE, I'm not gonna waste more time on it then I have to. Not saying right or wrong... just where I'm at.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I have never walked out of a movie. I try to do some research before I go. If it was really that bad, I would blame myself and never ask for a refund for my ineptness.