What movies had evil winning at the end?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Country for Old Men (though not really winning in the end, just evil going on as evil usually does).

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dawn of the Dead (remake)?

... but are zombies evil?

Sure, dead, gross, slimy, and cannibalistic (like soccer moms in Wal-mart on Black Fri).

But we're back to the question of defining evil.

What about Pitch Black, didn't Vin Diesel play an honest-to-god unapologetic murderer who, in the end showed some redemptive qualities?

Zombies are just misunderstood.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The recent run of horror movies like Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity all end with evil "winning".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
surprised no one threw this one in there...

ROCKY.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
surprised no one threw this one in there...

ROCKY.

Um, you think Apollo Creed was evil? And wasn't the end of Rocky a draw, not a win for Apollo? Some would argue that Rocky ended up with the moral victory in the end.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Um, you think Apollo Creed was evil? And wasn't the end of Rocky a draw, not a win for Apollo? Some would argue that Rocky ended up with the moral victory in the end.

Moral victory? yes.

But Apollo won that fight by split decision.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apollo was not evil. I don't think even Rocky would have said that. Pauly maybe.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apollo def not evil.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it's always funny how many people don't realize that apollo won the fight. he won a split decision, just as Rocky and Adrian embrace you can hear the announcer say the last judge scores it for Creed... "and still the Champion".

and yeah... Creed's just using Rocky. he's not a twisting mustache villain, but he's technically the antagonist in the movie. They all think he's a bum who doesn't really deserve to be there, but they can play up the Black v. White angle of it all.

"He doesn't know it's a damn show. He thinks it's a damn fight! Now let's finish this bum and let's go home!"

He's a likable villain no doubt, but he's the villain. You see in the press conference scene that Rocky and Adrian are watching that all he gives are back-handed compliments to Rocky and Rocky hates it.

He's even more of a villain in Rocky 2 when he's basically calling Rocky out as a p ussy throughout the entire thing.

edit: I guess this probably falls more in line with the good guy "loses" (but really wins) than evil wins, but Apollo wasn't a choir boy.

Last edited:

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cheese is right. Apollo won and he was definitely a villain.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Rosemary's Baby
The Devil's Advocate (questionable)
The Last Seduction
Cool Hand Luke
Easy Rider (Unless you belong to the John Birch Society)
Old Yeller

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Cheese is right. Apollo won and he was definitely a villain.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Rosemary's Baby
The Devil's Advocate (questionable)
The Last Seduction
Cool Hand Luke
Easy Rider (Unless you belong to the John Birch Society)
Old Yeller

The question is "what movies had EVIL winning at the end?" Sorry, but Rocky is not an answer to that question.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question is "what movies had EVIL winning at the end?" Sorry, but Rocky is not an answer to that question.

the underdog loses a questionable decision, with a quick bell in the last round to a cocky cornholio who thinks Rocky is a bum and is fighting him only because of the color of his skin.

the machine wins... the underdog gets screwed.

bad guys win. just because your opinion is different than mine, doesn't mean mine's wrong. it's a subjective question.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the underdog loses a questionable decision, with a quick bell in the last round to a cocky cornholio who thinks Rocky is a bum and is fighting him only because of the color of his skin.

the machine wins... the underdog gets screwed.

bad guys win. just because your opinion is different than mine, doesn't mean mine's wrong. it's a subjective question.
Then why are you still trying to convince Chaplin, you are right? :)

I thought Apollo was jerky as a kid, now I don't think that as much, if at all. He was just not rocky.