What is your definition of "haul"?

What is your definition of "haul" to move out of the #4 overall pick (assuming MHJ is available)?

• Vegas Trade (#13 + #44 + future second-round pick (1880)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota Alt Trade (#11 + #23 (2010)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I said. 2 2nd's (one this year and one next year), or a 2nd and a 3rd.
I said that wrong. I think it’s:

A 2nd (at best) this year

Or

A 3rd this year with a 2nd next

I don’t think we approach two 2nds.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the Vikings are already offering # 11, #23, and next years first. The problem is they have a pretty good roster minus QB so that first next year is probably going to be in the 20's as well. Unless you have a plan to get back up into the top 6 or 7 this could be a disaster. On the other hand #11, #23 and Justin Jefferson (with a new contract) is a HAUL and would be one of the the trades that could actually give us reason to pass on MHJ.

The Chargers are telling the Vikings not to trade three 1sts to #4 because they’d accept two 1sts to move back from #5. The Cards could get back up to #5 using the Vikings package minus the 2025 1st. It’s up to the Vikings whether they’re willing to risk that extra 1st to potentially miss on their QB but who knows how real the Giants interest in whatever QB falls to #4.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I said that wrong. I think it’s:

A 2nd (at best) this year

Or

A 3rd this year with a 2nd next

I don’t think we approach two 2nds.
A lot of people are talking about how mid the back half of this draft is going to be and teams are going to be pulling from their priority UDFA list as early as the fourth round.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
They like Brisett. Honestly I'd take Brisett over Daniel Jones at this point. They also have so many needs that bringing in a rookie QB could be a disaster.
Sure, they "like" Brissett, but he's only a bridge QB at best. When are you going to end up at #3 overall with a top QB there again? He gives you the luxury of sitting the QB as well so they're not thrown out there into a horrible situation. That's not to mention that the timing fits well with a new head coach and new organizational structure. If you don't take Maye now, what're your future plans at the position?

I guess my point is, we're seeing right now, in our face, how hard it is to move up for a QB... and next year's QBs currently aren't valued very highly. Not making the pick now means being in QB purgatory for 2, maybe three years.

Daniels was saying that if they could get Maye, they are offering more than just 3 first round picks.
I think the concern is that the pick next year ends up being in the 20s, and who knows what constitutes "more." The Vikes have no 2024 2nd or 3rd rounders... so are we talking an extra 4th? Maybe a late 2025 2nd? I mean, meh.

The Giants would offer probably only a 2nd or a third...unless Mont can trick the Giants into thinking that a team like the Raiders or Broncos are trying to move up.
Yeah, I don't really want to move back just for a 2nd and end up losing our ability to relatively control our destiny.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
A lot of people are talking about how mid the back half of this draft is going to be and teams are going to be pulling from their priority UDFA list as early as the fourth round.
ive read the same thing

pretty barren after Rd 3

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sure, they "like" Brissett, but he's only a bridge QB at best. When are you going to end up at #3 overall with a top QB there again? He gives you the luxury of sitting the QB as well so they're not thrown out there into a horrible situation. That's not to mention that the timing fits well with a new head coach and new organizational structure. If you don't take Maye now, what're your future plans at the position?
I don't disagree, but we've seen teams punt on the QB issue for years at a time.

I think they ultimately will take Maye (as they should).
I guess my point is, we're seeing right now, in our face, how hard it is to move up for a QB... and next year's QBs currently aren't valued very highly. Not making the pick now means being in QB purgatory for 2, maybe three years.
A year changes things. Last year everyone was excited for Bryce Young (?!?!). Next year people are going to be excited for Shedeur Sanders (?!?!). I'm certain some guy we aren't thinking of will be the next great thing. I'm still SMDH that Daniels is being hyped so much. I think teams don't account for conditions enough; Daniels almost certainly will not be throwing to the NFL equivalent of Nabers and Thomas, where he basically just threw go routes, fades, and posts all game long.
I think the concern is that the pick next year ends up being in the 20s, and who knows what constitutes "more." The Vikes have no 2024 2nd or 3rd rounders... so are we talking an extra 4th? Maybe a late 2025 2nd? I mean, meh.
Teams don't seem to have that concern as much as fans do. DeAndre Hopkins went pick #27. You can find really good players in the 20s too if you scout the right way.

What Daniels was saying is that they might be offering picks into 2026 as well.
Yeah, I don't really want to move back just for a 2nd and end up losing our ability to relatively control our destiny.
I'm pretty certain Odunze has a really high floor and a high ceiling as well, that would be my reason for moving down. I won't be even a little shocked if he is better than Harrison.

But I'm still going to bet on Marvin if I'm the Cardinals for a litany of reasons. His onfield talent is amazing (highest floor), he's an easy player to market, and it's the least risky move.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The difference between 4 and 12 feels big right now, but in reality it doesn’t matter much. There aren’t find enough gradations between prospects
I disagree because there is a big difference between the WRs who will be available between 4 and 12. The top 3 (really 2 for me, as I want the size) will be gone by 12 and it would be really dumb to trade away from getting them, IMO.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I disagree because there is a big difference between the WRs who will be available between 4 and 12. The top 3 (really 2 for me, as I want the size) will be gone by 12 and it would be really dumb to trade away from getting them, IMO.
Maybe, but you likely end up with the best Edge or CB prospect in the draft.

If the guy works out no one cares where he was drafted.

Stout

Reaction score
Maybe, but you likely end up with the best Edge or CB prospect in the draft.

If the guy works out no one cares where he was drafted.
Meh, we're in a unique spot where need meets availability. Let's be smart about it. Also, if the guy works out but we have no good receivers for the next few years, it'll be a net negative anyway.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Meh, we're in a unique spot where need meets availability. Let's be smart about it. Also, if the guy works out but we have no good receivers for the next few years, it'll be a net negative anyway.
It’s a good thing the draft doesn’t end after the first round.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'd rather not go for the lesser than prospects and stake our #1 WR spot on that bet. Also, no comment on need meeting opportunity? Hmm.
We have needs at edge and corner as well. Thats not relevant.

Lesser prospects turn out to be superior players all the time—particularly at WR.

Stout

Reaction score
We have needs at edge and corner as well. Thats not relevant.

Lesser prospects turn out to be superior players all the time—particularly at WR.
WR is a much bigger need. We still have a 2nd round edge to develop (so they say) and signed a FA corner. We have nothing at WR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn