What is your definition of "haul"?

What is your definition of "haul" to move out of the #4 overall pick (assuming MHJ is available)?

• Vegas Trade (#13 + #44 + future second-round pick (1880)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minnesota Alt Trade (#11 + #23 (2010)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I expect everyone here to be disappointed in the “haul” when we trade down.
FTFY

Do you think all of these scenarios are crazy? Would you count the two MN picks for #4 and our lowest third round pick as disappointing?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say MHJ or bust. But if happens to be off the board, and it isn't crazy to think he could be, I would take the Giants trade over the Vikings trade. And then take Odunze. Or Nabers. I would be happy with either.

But I really want MHJ.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
mhj - if available - will be the best player available - just so happens wr is also a huge position of need

kyler - mcbride - mhj - conner - that sounds pretty good to me especially if wilson can stay healthy

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
mhj - if available - will be the best player available - just so happens wr is also a huge position of need

kyler - mcbride - mhj - conner - that sounds pretty good to me especially if wilson can stay healthy
yup...but get another WR just in case...worst case scenario we lose Dortch to free agency because we cant give him enough snaps

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
haul
2 of 2

noun

a
: the act or process of hauling (see HAUL entry 1) : PULL
The rope stood up under the strain of the haul.

b
: a device for pulling or carting something : a device for hauling

a
: the result of an effort to obtain, collect, or win

the burglar's haul

b
: the quantity of fish taken in a single draft of a net

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's MHJ or bust for me, but for the sake of conversation, the Vikings deal is the only one I can swallow, and I'd want something more, like another 3rd this year. Which I don't think is realistic for McCarthy or Maye, soooo...

The rest would leave me very disappointed. They could mitigate my disappointment by moving back up for a WR, but I'm worried we just won't be able to. And I still hate the idea of letting someone else make the decision for us.

Like, I'm going to be bummed if we stay put and take Nabers/Odunze over MHJ, but I'll at least be more confident we made the choice and stuck with our evaluation.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
Voted for the Giants deal. I want MHJ but wouldn't hate if we left with Nabers or Odunze. The extra 2nd gives us more ammunition to jump up from 27 if we want.

I feel there are 5 players in this draft that you feel really comfortable taking. High chance they will all be gone by 11.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's MHJ or bust for me, but for the sake of conversation, the Vikings deal is the only one I can swallow, and I'd want something more, like another 3rd this year. Which I don't think is realistic for McCarthy or Maye, soooo...

The rest would leave me very disappointed. They could mitigate my disappointment by moving back up for a WR, but I'm worried we just won't be able to. And I still hate the idea of letting someone else make the decision for us.

Like, I'm going to be bummed if we stay put and take Nabers/Odunze over MHJ, but I'll at least be more confident we made the choice and stuck with our evaluation.
On Chase Daniel's YouTube show he said that every contact he has says that the Vikings really want Drake Maye, not McCarthy, and they are targeting the Patriots, not the Cardinals, for a trade up.

The Giants have met in person with McCarthy twice. Once in NY and another time they went to him. There is definite interest; they wouldn't have met with him twice AFTER the combine if they weren't interested at all.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
On Chase Daniel's YouTube show he said that every contact he has says that the Vikings really want Drake Maye, not McCarthy, and they are targeting the Patriots, not the Cardinals, for a trade up.

The Giants have met in person with McCarthy twice. Once in NY and another time they went to him. There is definite interest; they wouldn't have met with him twice AFTER the combine if they weren't interested at all.
All of that is sensible - I don't really see why the Pats would trade back that far when they need a QB more than the Giants, in reality. But, I do understand they need to rebuild. I think they'd need even more than we would, and again, I don't know if the value for the Vikings exists to fill that spot at the risk of all of that draft capital.

There's definitely smoke around the Giants and JJ - I just don't want to move back and miss on MHJ. I know there's a world where we pick up a 2nd/3rd/whatever and possibly still get him, in which case... of course.

But we're talking in the context of "a haul," and I don't anticipate moving back to the Giants for enough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
All of that is sensible - I don't really see why the Pats would trade back that far when they need a QB more than the Giants, in reality.
They like Brisett. Honestly I'd take Brisett over Daniel Jones at this point. They also have so many needs that bringing in a rookie QB could be a disaster.
But, I do understand they need to rebuild. I think they'd need even more than we would, and again, I don't know if the value for the Vikings exists to fill that spot at the risk of all of that draft capital.
Daniels was saying that if they could get Maye, they are offering more than just 3 first round picks.
There's definitely smoke around the Giants and JJ - I just don't want to move back and miss on MHJ. I know there's a world where we pick up a 2nd/3rd/whatever and possibly still get him, in which case... of course.
Ultimately I agree, but I do love Odunze and I think his career is going to be pretty damn good. I just doubt that the Giants will offer enough.
But we're talking in the context of "a haul," and I don't anticipate moving back to the Giants for enough.
The Giants would offer probably only a 2nd or a third...unless Mont can trick the Giants into thinking that a team like the Raiders or Broncos are trying to move up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yo I'm not gonna lie when I see it put out like this, I don't mind that Denver trade. I think second-round picks are underrated -- that's when we took my guy Karlos Dansby!

We'd miss out on the top WRs (probably) but get one of the top 2-3 defensive prospects, make headlines, and have a ton of assets for 2025, even if that draft is as mid as 2023's was.
This would be the height of stupidity. Let's trade back this year for...no tangible benefits this year. Literally only magic beans NEXT year! Then we can do it again in 2026, and 2027! Pretty soon we'll have traded all the way out of the first round every year, to get picks the year after lol

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be the height of stupidity. Let's trade back this year for...no tangible benefits this year. Literally only magic beans NEXT year! Then we can do it again in 2026, and 2027! Pretty soon we'll have traded all the way out of the first round every year, to get picks the year after lol
A team could use next year's excess draft capital to move up in the draft this year. It wouldn't be wise to limit potential trade partners only to (say) the Vikings because they're the only other team with multiple first round picks.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The difference between 4 and 12 feels big right now, but in reality it doesn’t matter much. There aren’t find enough gradations between prospects

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
FTFY

Do you think all of these scenarios are crazy? Would you count the two MN picks for #4 and our lowest third round pick as disappointing?
I would consider that disappointing but realistic.

Don’t get me wrong, I expect to be among those disappointed with what we get if/when we trade down.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I think the Vikings are already offering # 11, #23, and next years first. The problem is they have a pretty good roster minus QB so that first next year is probably going to be in the 20's as well. Unless you have a plan to get back up into the top 6 or 7 this could be a disaster. On the other hand #11, #23 and Justin Jefferson (with a new contract) is a HAUL and would be one of the the trades that could actually give us reason to pass on MHJ.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
Trading with the Giants would probably get us 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd. I don't actually think the Chargers would take MHJ if he was available at 5. I think they will go Mims, Alt or even trade back. The real question is who does Monti see as the top WR and how much of a difference is there between MHJ, Nabers and Rome in his eyes. Trading with the Giants ensures us one of the top 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Trading with the Giants would probably get us 2 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd. I don't actually think the Chargers would take MHJ if he was available at 5. I think they will go Mims, Alt or even trade back. The real question is who does Monti see as the top WR and how much of a difference is there between MHJ, Nabers and Rome in his eyes. Trading with the Giants ensures us one of the top 3.
I doubt it. I think it nets us 2nd or a 3rd this year and 2nd next. Again, I think people are overestimating what we are going to land if we trade.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I doubt it. I think it nets us 2nd or a 3rd this year and 2nd next. Again, I think people are overestimating what we are going to land if we trade.
That's pretty much what I said. 2 2nd's (one this year and one next year), or a 2nd and a 3rd.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would consider that disappointing but realistic.

Don’t get me wrong, I expect to be among those disappointed with what we get if/when we trade down.
There is a joke in there Im not sure if its okay for a gentile to make.