What is the plan?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I have been saying since the Johnson pick that the plan is to let Oubre walk. This will be a G League team, if even that, masquerading as an NBA team.
I keep being told since Oubre is restricted we will sign him the VERY last signing, and we can go over cap since he's restricted.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I keep being told since Oubre is restricted we will sign him the VERY last signing, and we can go over cap since he's restricted.

Yes, but Gambo says if the offer is over 15 million a year Suns probably won't match it.

That is just wrong - if they want to lose all season ticket holders that is what they should do. By all means these F'NG morons want to give money to Joseph instead - even though he will be riding the bench 10 games into the season.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Re-signing Oubre and signing Russell would save the off-season for me. I’m not optimistic, however.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Yes, but Gambo says if the offer is over 15 million a year Suns probably won't match it.

That is just wrong - if they want to lose all season ticket holders that is what they should do. By all means these F'NG morons want to give money to Joseph instead - even though he will be riding the bench 10 games into the season.

Gambo has already been proven wrong a few times this offseason (and it barely started). I'd trust national people way ahead of him at this point

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo just said again he is full of it - he wants to stop talking about it - but it keeps coming up

Maybe Booker/DLO is pushing the media to say this stuff, to get the fans excited to try and force the Suns hand.
Do we think this is like Papa Ball? Just talk this into existence? It never seems to go away! LOL! ;)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo just said again he is full of it - he wants to stop talking about it - but it keeps coming up

Maybe Booker/DLO is pushing the media to say this stuff, to get the fans excited to try and force the Suns hand.

It appears the Suns want to do things their way. I thinks the Suns are obligated to say they want nothing to do with Russell otherwise it amounts to tampering.

This past draft tells me no one really knows what is going on outside the organization unless they want it to be known and they are not talking.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You all are losing your minds....have anyone of you watched Joseph play? How about when he was brought up in the Spurs organization and went to 2 finals? Or when Parker went down and he did fine. Get out of here with the no better than Cannan crap....please. Nothing wrong with Joseph he's a floor General which we freaking need. Jesus Christ mass hysteria

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You all are losing your minds....have anyone of you watched Joseph play? How about when he was brought up in the Spurs organization and went to 2 finals? Or when Parker went down and he did fine. Get out of here with the no better than Cannan crap....please. Nothing wrong with Joseph he's a floor General which we freaking need. Jesus Christ mass hysteria

I go by stats - it eliminates bias. Stats say he is a lousy player - and says Tyler Johnson is superior - so what is the point signing him?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bottom line, we get to the 8th spot in the playoffs with him, then "maybe" people will relax. My thinking is they keep saying, if we just had player X we would have been the x seed!

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I go by stats - it eliminates bias. Stats say he is a lousy player - and says Tyler Johnson is superior - so what is the point signing him?
C'mon man you can't. I don't care what Canaan stats are. You know watching him when it came down to it he was horrible....horrible

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Yes, I have watched him play. He is basically Shaq Harrison with a better handle and better decision making.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes, I have watched him play. He is basically Shaq Harrison with a better handle and better decision making.
You think everyone is a scrub. I don't think there is one player current or drafted you would like. I don't think we could sign a coach you would like lol tell me what would you do? I think the only positive I've read is you like Oubre. So let us all find out what would 1sun do. Try and make the post positive as possible I know you got it in you

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can we really stop reporting anything he says at this point as fact. He hasn't said anything accurate with this front office yet.

He got all of our picks wrong and reported that we weren't going to trade warren, jj, or the 6th pick (it was all refuted by a national reporter less than a day later)

This is incorrect across the board.

He was saying for months that we were trading down and we were trading Warren and JJ. All of that came true.

He said we wouldn't take certain players in the draft. That came true.

He has been 100% accurrate. 100%

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He even predicted the team that we would be trading down with in Minnesota. It was one of the 2 teams he mentioned.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, there's this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was right. Johnson absolutely waited til after the draft to pick up his option so he wouldn't get Bayned.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

And Ayton and Bridges both have a year under their belt.

Is it better? Yes
Does it move the needle more than a handful of wins? dunno

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was right. Johnson absolutely waited til after the draft to pick up his option so he wouldn't get Bayned.

Doesn't make sense to me. I'd think the Suns would be the team players would be worried about going to. If anything I'm surprised he didn't pick up the option earlier in hopes it would improve his odds of getting out of this train wreck.

I'd wager Warren cracked a smile for the first time in his life when he got the news yesterday.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Last year's opening night was one of the all time best ever Suns games! It was a 100 MPH full blast super success! Probably my fault for the rest of the season because I posted I didn't care how many games after that opening night materpeice!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Ayton and Bridges both have a year under their belt.

Is it better? Yes
Does it move the needle more than a handful of wins? dunno

By itself, probably not. But a full healthy season from Booker and Tyler probably would.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense to me. I'd think the Suns would be the team players would be worried about going to. If anything I'm surprised he didn't pick up the option earlier in hopes it would improve his odds of getting out of this train wreck.

I'd wager Warren cracked a smile for the first time in his life when he got the news yesterday.

What's your explanation for the timing?

Maybe he hates cold weather? I don't know.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
C'mon man you can't. I don't care what Canaan stats are. You know watching him when it came down to it he was horrible....horrible

Right, the stats say he is horrible.

Cory Joseph is barely better.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right, the stats say he is horrible.

Cory Joseph is barely better.
Joseph finished the season 4th among point guards in defensive RPM. Regularly defending the team’s best player, Joseph provided value every time he stepped on the court.
Yeah barely better....mass hysteria is taking over. Don't let it consume you...watch film read stats.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort