What I would do..

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi y’all,
So it looks like we’re going for a top pick in the next draft and I would trade down my top pick so as to get more upper tier players since our team has so many needs.

It looks like teams are holding onto their good players and if anyone is out to trade for there is a reason so it’s best to draft young motivated talent.

I love Suggs, but he should retire at the end of this year as a Card.

We need quick linebackers that can cover the pass (tight ends, RB’s).

We a need a couple D linemen.

I would say a safety that can cover/ball hawk. We’re not getting any interceptions, maybe it’s scheme? But as a free safety if you got instincts you can get picks.

We need one or two Online.

We also need to keep running the ball if we’re down points, some of our screen plays and RB swing pass plays we’re working so play call to our strengths.

anyways I’m going off topic, lol, sorry. We need to draft like 7-8 good players at least, so trade down the top pick.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
As bad as we are the Dolphins will likely have the #1 overall pick, there is no team worse than Miami, it’s like they are bad on purpose

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren't 'going' for anything this year. Imo. The season will play out and yes we could have a top ten pick. Then we need some more picks and allow a real gm to find talent. Lol

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would start next week doing some changes
Budda baker and expecially Swearinger are really bad as a safety duo
Swearinger also didn't put much effort, I D like to cut him as soon as monday
I would start zeke turner instead of Reddick who is still lost in the middle
Trumaine brock should be benched for a couple of weeks
We have to use dJ just as a receiver, he is terrible blocker to Play running back and is too hesitant playing rb
I think he would prefer being converted as a full time receiver, a position where he belongs right now
Our defensive line is very bad also, there isn't much to do right now

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're goign to be in the take the best player on the board point again. i would NOT draft Tua #1 overall and I'm not even sure he is the first pick but if we get the first pick you trade it to someone who wants Tua. My guess is Miami gets that pick.

So who is the best player, for me is between Chase Young DE/OLB from TOSU, Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama or Andrew Thomas the OT from Georgia. I'd be happy with any of those 3. Young would replace Suggs, Jeudy is a #1 WR on a team that doesn't have one, and Thomas is good I don't think he's as good as the other 2 but such a huge need on this team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would start next week doing some changes
Budda baker and expecially Swearinger are really bad as a safety duo
Swearinger also didn't put much effort, I D like to cut him as soon as monday
I would start zeke turner instead of Reddick who is still lost in the middle
Trumaine brock should be benched for a couple of weeks
We have to use dJ just as a receiver, he is terrible blocker to Play running back and is too hesitant playing rb
I think he would prefer being converted as a full time receiver, a position where he belongs right now
Our defensive line is very bad also, there isn't much to do right now
Swearinger has been so bad that he could legit bring prime Ed Reed’s level of play down. But you know what? This is one of my last few shots at Swearinger. All of it is gonna go towards the GM.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The tough part is deciding between a WR in round 1 or a LT. Neither have great FA options. Only one that has a re-sign option is DJ Humphries. I won't be shocked if we re-sign Humphries for a big contract and then draft Jeudy or Lamb in round 1. Only other option is trading for a WR like Diggs using our 2021 1st rounder.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The tough part is deciding between a WR in round 1 or a LT. Neither have great FA options. Only one that has a re-sign option is DJ Humphries. I won't be shocked if we re-sign Humphries for a big contract and then draft Jeudy or Lamb in round 1. Only other option is trading for a WR like Diggs using our 2021 1st rounder.
Resign DJ.
Break the bank for Scherff.
Draft Wirfs round 1.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren't 'going' for anything this year. Imo. The season will play out and yes we could have a top ten pick. Then we need some more picks and allow a real gm to find talent. Lol
I'd add:

We realistically won't do much to change the the composition of the team until offseason anyway.

I strongly doubt, therefore, that we're gonna trade PP, fire SK or whatever during the middle of the season.

I think the changes that have to be made are big-brush and structural (as in: Have bigger, stronger, more physical bodies at key high-contact positions, especially OL, DL, LB, S. Or improve blocking and tackling fundamentals). Tough to make sweeping changes in midstream.

All we're able to do now is put band-aids on gaping wounds present throughout our roster.

All else is static.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We all love Fitz but have his continual 1 year deals stopped the team from drafting a new WR1? Fitz can't be the top WR on a winning team right now. It's not his fault regardless because it's on the GM to make sure he has a legit WR1, but paying him 11 mil per year out of loyalty might not be in the best interest of the actual on field product.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me: bench Swearinger and play the better of the Thompson twins.

DJ needs to be a third down, receivi only back. I give Edmonds his carries and see what vets we can kick the tires on. Kerwynn Williams?

If Kirk is out for an extended period, let Isabella take some of his snaps, but get Clay and the other TEs involved on the others, even just to block a bit on the right side.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me: bench Swearinger and play the better of the Thompson twins.

DJ needs to be a third down, receivi only back. I give Edmonds his carries and see what vets we can kick the tires on. Kerwynn Williams?

If Kirk is out for an extended period, let Isabella take some of his snaps, but get Clay and the other TEs involved on the others, even just to block a bit on the right side.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On defense Sign f/a DL Chris Jones, the best outside LB, inside LB and OT available. Draft the best OT with our first pick. If there is a bonafide #1 wr get one too. But Fitz stays as long as he wants.

With Peterson, Alford Murphy and Jones our secondary should be fine.

It’s hard to swallow these losses but us fans have to look thru the rubble for the positives. There are some good things happening within the disappointments. You just have to look harder.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

THis is going to be a loaded WR draft so you can make 2 arguments, take an OL or DE early there will be good WR's you can get later, or trade up for. or take the best player on the board who may in fact be a WR and operate under the assumption that will help Murray too and trade up for an OL

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
On defense Sign f/a DL Chris Jones, the best outside LB, inside LB and OT available. Draft the best OT with our first pick. If there is a bonafide #1 wr get one too. But Fitz stays as long as he wants.

With Peterson, Alford Murphy and Jones our secondary should be fine.

It’s hard to swallow these losses but us fans have to look thru the rubble for the positives. There are some good things happening within the disappointments. You just have to look harder.
Is there a world where KC doesn't franchise Chris Jones?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson