What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Cards4thebowl, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Snoopdog323

Snoopdog323 Registered

The answer is simple. Keim drafted another B-U-S-T

2. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

lol at Keim

Said once getting Hopkins he no longer really considered going offense. Noted how Hopkins is leading the league in receiving.

I dont care that he went defense. However, lets not use BOB stupidity as a reason to pat yourself on the back and ignore offense.

I'd rather he say Simmons was the best player on his board and thats what he went with.

Ouchie-Z-Clown and dscher like this.
  3. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

I think this is extreme, but I don't believe Vance Joseph will ever be the type of DC who gets the most out of a player like Isaiah Simmons.

4. BritCard

BritCard Registered

Keim drafted yet another square peg for a round hole

One day he'll draft an actual linebacker to play linebacker. (not really)

5. FB94

FB94 Registered

I liked the Simmons pick, but jump ahead to present circumstances, I am worried just a bit about it. If we knew VJ would slow play this kid, we would have been better off drafting a different player that could actually, you now, get on the field.

6. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

Vance Joseph and Kiem are tied at the hip here.

I wouldnt as a GM draft any player that my coaches dont want or cant tell me explicitly how they plan to use him in the scheme.

I dont believe VJ was high on Simmons, because of his versatile. Vance has the mind a dinosaur and believes you need to have a position or play a shoehorned rile.

Ok, I disagree, but its fine.

Kiem should have been aware of this and steer away from those sort of players because he doesnt have the coaches for them.

The fact that they drafted a guy as the 8th highest pick in the NFL draft and they cannot play him consistent minutes in his 5 NFL start is indicative of incompetence straight from the GM.

Especially when they have a pattern of this sort of decision making

Granted, I dont like the idea of hiring coaches who prioritize their scheme over players.

Reads lack of forward thinking and nuance.

7. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

I have say I was in the let's give it some time because if the strange off season. But I am coming around to your way of thinking. I mean your making a convincing argument. And I'm not happy about it....:)

Ouchie-Z-Clown and TaylorSwift like this.
  8. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Bye Bye DJ

I was disgusted with the Bucannon and Reddick picks. I still support the Simmons pick. It was the right move. Best player available at a position of need. Either Vance Joseph is unable to coach him or Simmons was a college fluke. I hope it is the former. That can be fixed. I still support the selection

Cardiac likes this.
  9. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

I wish it wasnt so.

Misses like these can stack up and set a team back.

I feel bad for the kid, sucks being drafted to a situation where your talents cant be fully utilized due to incompetence on both ends.

I think he can play, but he needs to be playing SS(in this 3-4 scheme). Put him in space and allow his athleticism to flourish.

Personally I think he is a 4-3 will lb who could be a lot like lavonte david of the bucs

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  10. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

Simmons does not have to go down the "bad pick" road. Even if some want to argue that we drafted another tweener type trying to make him into an ILB...it is far too early to call that a done deal. The bottom line is that the kid is a special athlete, with very good production on a winning program. He could be an all pro SS. So if he isn't working out at ILB, then make the change and let him get on the field.

Buccanon could have been a very good safety. Reddick could have been a good OLB....if we just would have put them there and let them improve. Our problem is that we kept them in a position where they were I'll suited for years. If Simmons can't cut it at ILB, then put him a SS and see if we have the next Jamal Adams or Derwin James

11. cardcrazy

cardcrazy Registered

Simmons is another Deone Buchanan Hassan Reddick Type player.
    Another tweener that can’t find a true position.
    I would like to see him at Safety!
    ala Adrian Wilson. He is similar sized and would compliment Budda nicely!

12. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Bye Bye DJ

It is going to take a different defensive coordinator to do it but I believe it is possible. I worry about Simmons confidence. This season must be brutal on him: Kylie Fitts is outplaying Simmons. That says it all

13. AZman5103

AZman5103 Registered

He may be, but he doesnt need to share their fate. He is only 5 games into his career. If we had moved Reddick to OLB after 5 games and left him alone, he is probably be pretty good by now.

Put Simmons at SS...even if its because of injuries at Safety. It will probably be his most natural position.

BritCard and legend like this.
  14. Rohinaz

Rohinaz Registered

We shouldn't draft tweeners in general. That said, I think Simmons will be a dominant player for us. But if you want a MLB draft a mlb. If you want a 34 mlb, take one from a 34 college system. It's more predictable.
    Patrick queen was drafted at the end of the first round, played mlb in a 34 at LSU and same in Baltimore.
    He has 43 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 pass defended, 2 forced fumbles and 2 fumblel recoveries.

In fairnes Simmons lack of playing time is likely more related to campbells playing well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

15. WindCardinal

WindCardinal Registered

Shaq Thompson from Carolina is a similar player (Simmons is 4 inches taller and about 10 pounds heavier). But it also took him a while to get the hang of it, and he’s been lights out this year. At least trying to find a silver lining to all this

Ouchie-Z-Clown and dscher like this.