What Does Kyler Murray Really Want? - SI Article by Robert Klemko

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Uh, what are saying without actually wanting to say it in the bold? I’d be careful because it seems you’re tapdancing in a direction that would uncover why you’re fighting to protect Bosa here . . .

And you want the moral outrage? Just flip back through prior threads on here and you’ll find plenty of moral outrage. You literally don’t know what the hell your talking about when you keep making that argument on this board.
Moral outrage from players?Tap dancing around why I don't crucify Bosa because of his supposed likes/dislikes? I am saying nearly every abuse incident has been by a minority player.Crazy wrong has no color from Adrian Peterson to Richie Incognito to Rae Carruth.Tweeting doesn't rank with abuse or worse .

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've removed the political commentary. Keep it out of this forum or breaks will be given.

Also leave out the personal attacks. Ouchie is right, were don't do that here.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This I give some credence to. I think he’s being given poor advice how to handle all this. That said, those qualities didn’t seem to evidence themselves in his play on the field.
That could be, but how many outliers does he have to overcome at this point.

Outlier in height.
Outlier in weight.
Outlier in college starting QB experience.
Outlier in professional sports options.
Outlier in personality for the position(introvert).
College conference which has a poor track record of QBs to the NFL.
College offense which has a poor track record of QBs to the NFL.

Now he is getting poor advice which he will have to overcome as he learns how to be a pro QB.

Now, in 15 years some of these may no longer be outliers, but it seems like this dude is going to have to climb ALL of the mountains to be successful.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen has big upside if given an offense to work with. So does Murray, no question. (Runaround college quarterbacks don't get to do that in the NFL. Those that try, don't win. See: Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Robert Griffin, Johnny Manziel, etc) but Murray can throw. Bottom line for me is that, given functional circumstances for each of them, the difference between Rosen and Murray is not so big, and certainly not enough to pass on the next Aaron Donald in Quinnen Williams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Moral outrage from players?Tap dancing around why I don't crucify Bosa because of his supposed likes/dislikes? I am saying nearly every abuse incident has been by a minority player.Crazy wrong has no color from Adrian Peterson to Richie Incognito to Rae Carruth.Tweeting doesn't rank with abuse or worse .
Oh outrage from the players?!? Who cares about that in this context?!? All that matters is if the players perspective is Bosa is racist it will indelibly hurt the team’s chemistry. We can all be outraged at their lack of outrage at domestic abuse (and most of us are), but that doesn’t hurt the locker room. Perceived racism absolutely will.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
QUOTE="TJ, post: 3934721, member: 2044"]Because he has a hell of a lot more upside than you give him credit for.

My God, did Rosen kick your dog or pipe your girl? Every post is some silly rebuke with no substance, even out of context.

Didn't even come up with it myself. Piggy backed off others jokes.
Okay - piss poor on TJ and BigRedRage then too. Be better than them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Rosen has big upside if given an offense to work with. So does Murray, no question. (Runaround college quarterbacks don't get to do that in the NFL. Those that try, don't win. See: Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, Robert Griffin, Johnny Manziel, etc) but Murray can throw. Bottom line for me is that, given functional circumstances for each of them, the difference between Rosen and Murray is not so big, and certainly not enough to pass on the next Aaron Donald in Quinnen Williams.
Where did this narrative that Vick and Cunningham weren’t winners come from? Vick’s teams made the playoffs in 4 of 7 years in which he played 10 or more games and Cunningham’s teams made the playoffs 8 times. Did they win a super bowl? No. But only 2 QBs do so each year, and in many of those years it’s Brady. Is Rivers not a winner?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty indicting article on Kyler. Non-committal, questionable leadership skills, LaVar Ball-like father. Aside from gaudy college stats from one season of football, what are his other redeeming qualities? Are these many red flags too much to overcome??

just remember, these articles are coming out now for a reason... agents and PR people for Bosa, Williams, etc. are all trying to get their guy #1. it's PR season going into the draft.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Oh outrage from the players?!? Who cares about that in this context?!? All that matters is if the players perspective is Bosa is racist it will indelibly hurt the team’s chemistry. We can all be outraged at their lack of outrage at domestic abuse (and most of us are), but that doesn’t hurt the locker room. Perceived racism absolutely will.

The locker room that let a child beater be on the team.The locker room that no said anything about Adrian Peterson joining the team.So a perceived racist tweets will hurt the locker room but having a child beating bro
is okay?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Damn. A week out.. this board is gonna be so tense in the coming days! Haha. Drama at it's finest.. that's why I was glad I remembered my password after all these years .. couldn't miss out on this!!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was just someone who kept his emotions in check during post pressers and interviews. Palmer was always lighting fires under players asses on the field.
From coaches and players this has been said of Murray as well..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The locker room that let a child beater be on the team.The locker room that no said anything about Adrian Peterson joining the team.So a perceived racist tweets will hurt the locker room but having a child beating bro
is okay?
I’m not saying it’s okay, but it’s certainly likely the case. If you don’t want to understand that, well, that’s your problem . . . bro.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He was just someone who kept his emotions in check during post pressers and interviews. Palmer was always lighting fires under players asses on the field.
But I believe he was said to be soft spoken when he came out of SoCal.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Where did this narrative that Vick and Cunningham weren’t winners come from? Vick’s teams made the playoffs in 4 of 7 years in which he played 10 or more games and Cunningham’s teams made the playoffs 8 times. Did they win a super bowl? No. But only 2 QBs do so each year, and in many of those years it’s Brady. Is Rivers not a winner?
That's an overwhelming mischaracterization. Vick, as a Falcon - keep in mind, we're drafting Murray to play for us, not the Eagles in 7 years - made it to the playoffs twice, and won two games. He spent most of one season as a backup, and spent another on a broken leg. Are you telling me that you'd consider Kyler Murray a "winner" if he won two playoff games and made it a whopping 6 years on this roster, missing essentially two of them?

No.

And then with the Eagles, he didn't start a full season and take them to the playoffs, he rode a wave in off of injuries and a couple of strong performances.

He's not a winner.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carson Palmer was talking about one of the things he looks at for young guys is how they handle adversity.

That to me is the biggest issue with Murray, and a very legitimate one. We don't have much bad tape of him where he was getting pounded and fought through it. He did a little with Alabama, but it's not enough.
I love Kyler, but this is hella true. Even dating back to high school years. From his sophomore year until then, there was probably 2 teams where his team didn´t completely overmatch them.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I’m not saying it’s okay, but it’s certainly likely the case. If you don’t want to understand that, well, that’s your problem . . . bro.
Well bro....I see that there had been no mention from any teammates concerning Bosa and his tweets.If future teammates have a problem concerning his tweets and if those same team mates had no problem playing with a child beater then that shows who the hypocrites really are.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I love Kyler, but this is hella true. Even dating back to high school years. From his sophomore year until then, there was probably 2 teams where his team didn´t completely overmatch them.

So who’s the Bama of Texas HS football?