What Does Kyler Murray Really Want? - SI Article by Robert Klemko

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Chopper0080, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

2. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

3. BW52

BW52 Registered

Family of control freaks.Dad trying to fix his failures thru his son.A bundle of crazy trouble with that family.Even the Murray backers should think about the baggage on that crazy train.
    Sure looks like some entitlement issues there also.

4. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

I was reading on twitter a couple of months ago that Kyler's dad is about as bad as Lavar Ball. No likey.

Arz101, Russ Smith and Chopper0080 like this.
  5. bankybruce

bankybruce All In! Contributor

RugbyMuffin likes this.
  6. dscher

dscher Registered

I'll be honest. Reading that is no bueno for the kid. It's just something we'd have to hope the front office and more importantly KK get their heads wrapped around before and if they commit. If they make the pick, I think they will have done their due diligence. Jmo

7. Garthshort

Garthshort Registered User

For all the Murray haters, I see where you're coming from. My question, since we NEED a QB and don't take Murray, who do you want? Haskins, Jones, Lock or someone else?

POISON likes this.
  8. PJ1

PJ1 Registered User

Platform shoes?

9. Totally_Red

Totally_Red Air Raid Warning!

There are enough question marks to make picking him #1 overall a risk. There are no risk-free draft picks. Williams is less risky.

10. bojack

bojack Registered

The whole circus showed why he has a lot of liability. To some extent though I think if he really does play football and not report to spring training then his baseball window closes quite a bit on him, at least as far as money is concerned. If he switches back after getting a licking in NFL his baseball stock will have fallen. I didn't follow his baseball career at all, but iirc many mentioned he didn't have phenom stats, which made me think some of drafting him may had to do with marketing and trying to bring a football audience to the A's since he does have a large contingent of people following him. People love a comeback story but he will be tarnished in the process.

So if you get a contract for $25M in NFL, things go sideways quickly, you can't really just quit and go back to baseball when you'd have a repayment clause in your contract and assuming you spent a chunk of it you probably can't offset it baseball.

The big risk for everyone is if he doesn't get a high pick NFL deal he just shows up for spring training and takes the baseball money and now the team that drafted him lost first round pick.

dscher likes this.
  11. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

I like that Rosen guy :)

12. TJ

TJ Suge White

We don’t need a QB.

13. ProdigalSun

ProdigalSun Registered

Give Rosen another year. If he doesn't have the goods then you draft Tua who is better than Murray anyways

14. Totally_Red

Totally_Red Air Raid Warning!

"We" traded three draft picks for a quarterback LAST draft. Roll with the guy we have for at least another year while adding a blue chip defender.

15. dscher

dscher Registered

I actually think this is the case as well. I think him and his dad know where his future is. I think the As saw huge value in the kid, but his stats were sub standard to say the least.. he would have easily spent years in mid to high level a ball before he would have been called back. I know they tried to guarantee him an opening day roster spot.. but that can easily fade after a few months. Then it's back down to the minors.. either way, the dad situation is crappy to say the least...but I do have a gut feeling that they are legitimately trying to move forward with football. If he was a studly baseball prospect that hit for a high average and got on base all the time..then maybe that would have changed things. I just think they know where the kid can play and have continued success. Jmo