What are you watching?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watch Mare before Max is gone.

A few episodes in it's good, it's a bit depressing the whole town I guess and it's like the Killing, but I do like it so will finish it before my HBO Max is gone.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Checked out Condor, season 1. Not bad, aside from some glaring plot holes. Have been watching Domina, which is entertaining, aside from some awful history and woeful mispronunciations. Got started on Counterpart and am absolutely LOVING it so far; ditto with Loki. Watching way, way too much tube because I'm stuck being immobile for the summer.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching The Undoing. 2 episodes left. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant are great in this.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
A&E Biography on the WWE wrestlers. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and now **** Foley.

The Hart and Michaels bios need to be watched back-to-back. So good. So sad. So many dead superstars that should still be with us.
So many gone too soon. Mr Wonderful just died too.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching 'Follow The Money'. Danish with subtitles. Financial crimes story with really good subplots. Great casting and Natalie Madueño is h.o.t, but man is she ruthless in this.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched DC’s Legends of Tomorrow through the most recent episode. This show is so silly but I love it. This is the only show in the Arrowverse that I have seen. I might try to watch Arrow/The Flash soon but I’m not sure yet.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Watched Season 2 of Never Have I Ever.. I’ll never get sick of hearing John McEnroe narrate the life of an Indian high school girl!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
New season of All American dropped on Netflix.. not surprisingly it is heavily influenced by BLM movement

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just finished up White Lotus, it was…well I’m not saying it was great, but I couldn’t look away. Anyways, if you’re into naval gazing rich white people with a bit of humor it’s worth watching. Not a comedy though, FYI.

Watched the first episode of Reservation Dogs. Will be watching more.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished up White Lotus, it was…well I’m not saying it was great, but I couldn’t look away. Anyways, if you’re into naval gazing rich white people with a bit of humor it’s worth watching. Not a comedy though, FYI.

such a perfect way to describe my viewing experience with the show. I'd only quibble with it not being a comedy. I think it was, just a very dark comedy of the Mike White variety.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Rolling Rock? Really? Hell, you might as well drink Ortliebs.......

:D

You're going to upset and pennsylvanians.........

Never had Ortliebs beer in Philadelphia. The old facility was still standing abandoned and the Northern Liberties neighborhood was just starting to redevelop as I was leaving.

The beer wasn't brewed there and there really didn't seem to be much attachment or distribution

I did use to hangout in the Ortliebs venue back when it was a fantastic jazz club..... They didn't sell the beer though.....

Yuengling, or simply "lagers", were available everywhere

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Wife and I started in on Lucifer and we're enjoying it.

Started Loudermilk with my brother and we both have enjoyed the first season and a half

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Never had Ortliebs beer in Philadelphia. The old facility was still standing abandoned and the Northern Liberties neighborhood was just starting to redevelop as I was leaving.

The beer wasn't brewed there and there really didn't seem to be much attachment or distribution

I did use to hangout in the Ortliebs venue back when it was a fantastic jazz club..... They didn't sell the beer though.....

Back in the early 70`s, a friend of mine got a deal on 100 cases of Ortliebs in 7 ounce bottles (at least I think they were 7 ounce.... could have been 8 ounce). We called them "Shortliebs." He would pass them out like party favors: "Hey Chris! Wanna Shortliebs???"

It was awful beer but it was free, so...... ;) :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Nah. Rolling Rock was bought out and moved away from Latrobe, so badmouth them all you want :)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Heh. I was looking at more of the Pittsburgh area vs Philadelphia area angle.

I know Iron City isn't locally owned, but it's still produced in that area, correct?

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Reservation Dogs looks nice, watched 2 episodes so far

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I finally started watching Death Note. About halfway through it now. It's so good. Highly recommend.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chair on Netflix. Really good, short miniseries, half hours, six episodes.

@elindholm i think this show might interest you based on your experience shared working in academia on college campuses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose