What are you looking for when it comes to the Niners game?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
A win is always nice. :D

Besides that? I am looking for what players are worth the roster spot, money, and future of this organization. Not for this season. This season the roster is what it is.

I am with the part of the fan base that feels this window has closed on the current core of players.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/rm-first-draft-of-the-2017-draft.247922/

I thought it was a big risk to try and rebuild/reload, and also think this roster could hold enough talent to contend. It is a risk that seems to have fallen flat. Meh, it happens. More angry we lost to the Cowpukes more than anything when it comes to this season (that will fester for A LONG TIME), but I digress......

Doesn't help that every risk taken this year has come up on the bad end of the possible outcomes. Yeah, there is blame, and there are reasons for the hardships we are seeing, but I feel it is a valid statement that his organization has had a surplus of horrifically bad luck as of late.

Thus I am looking towards the future. The NFL is cyclical. This current team is bad, but I think the organization can turn it around. It is extremely hard to watch a lame duck of a team, as it stands now.

If this team was young, and had a lot of potential this season would be way easier to watch and get behind.

Below is what I will be concentrating

1. Haason Reddick - Improvement. Just improvement on any level. He had some very costly bad reads last game. The athletic talent is there, but it is going to take a heck of a lot more mental talent to be a TOP 15 draft pick ILBer talent.

2. Defensive line - Can ANY of the defensive linemen that this team held onto like gold bars over the last few years, separate themselves from the pack. Corey Peters has played the best from what I have seen and he is not going to be around next year. Olsen Pierre........just another over hyped players at this point. Robert Nkimdiche, looking like a bust.

3. Chad Williams - We need wide receivers. Fitzgerald is gone next year, and we can rely on ____ after he leaves. The amount of talent that has disappeared from this area of the team in a little over a years time is something that many would not believe unless they saw it themselves. There is literally nothing there, after having a lethal combination of receivers, that was touted best in the league by some.

4. Offensive line - See the wide receiver situation. Not saying this offensive line was a group of All-Pros, but Veldheer, and Iupati not THIS bad. Just seems like the whole situation has fallen apart from top to bottom. We went from "who is going to play RG" to "Who is going to play LT, LG, OC, RG, RT" in a matter of weeks.

Personally: <-- But that is not going to happen in this game. Having Humphries and Iupati could help, but we will see.

LT-Humphries
LG-Iupati
OC-Munyer
RG-Boone
RT-Wetzel

Thus for the Niners game, I will be watching to see if there is ANY improvement on the right side and at center, because if not, I am hoping for the change above, for after the bye week.

5. Finding Safeties - Not saying Justin Bethel is a good CB2, but at this point I think the Cardinals need to start thinking the future. Can Budda Baker play safety ? Will his body hold up ? If there is a year to see if Baker's body can handle the pounding of the NFL, this is the year. If he gets hurt ? Well at least we know: A. Baker cannot be relied upon, and B. The Cardinals have to stop drafting players too small for the NFL, because it is KILLING them year after year.

Hopefully this will be a competitive game, and relative to the current level of football (which is pretty poor at this moment) we see a good game.

Not to mention the Cardinals organization did such a good job of dealing with the political drama around this sport right now, that we are one of the few fanbases that can watch football and enjoy our team without having to think about our bat ---- crazy world for a few hours. That is probably the BEST thing about being a Cardinals fan right now.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Your first line said it all - they have extra rest and we have a short week, and plenty of guys are still hurt even if they play. Just find a way to win, and give yourself another week to try to get healthier. I'd definitely take a Colts-style ugly win in this one.

Oh, and hopefully DJ and Iupati come back and the O-line shows improvement this week (it can't get any worse, right?... right?)

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haason Reddick, Budda Baker, & Chad Williams’ progressions.

Reddick has also came up with a few missed-sacks so I’m hoping he finally connects on one Sunday.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well what I'd like to see is the O line hold long enough so Palmer doesn't get pummeled and for Palmer to actually throw to a receiver and not over their heads, but what I expect is none of that to happen lol

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Return of injured players.

2. Improved play by the guys we've got.

3. The OL is key, because most of our problems in other aspects of play stem directly from poor OL play. For example:

- Our run game sucks.

- Palmer is forced to play "one..two...duck."

- Ball control/Time of possession is an issue & our defensive front seven runs out of gas late in games.

So I'll be happy with improved OL play because other problems* should take care of themselves.

* Exception: The ST situation is a separate deal & needs to be better.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard