Westworld (HBO)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yup, which I think foreshadows that there will be a split between the hosts who want ultimate freedom and are willing to fight for it and those who may be collaborators, or something like it, meaning that eventually Evan Rachel Wood's character has to kill Marsden if he's standing in the way of freedom.
Yeah, that's the impression I got too.

What I wasn't sure about is if Ashley is AI or not. At the beach scene where they find Bernard I almost wonder if Ashley (security guy) might be AI too.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the impression I got too.

What I wasn't sure about is if Bernard realizes he's AI yet or not. At the beach scene where they find Bernard I almost wonder if Ashley (security guy) might be AI too.

He did add the clear fluid to his head so I feel he still knows he is an AI.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did anyone find the last episode just way too schizophrenic? I mean, I understand why it was like that story-wise, but it was a bit much for my taste.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find the last episode just way too schizophrenic? I mean, I understand why it was like that story-wise, but it was a bit much for my taste.

We just hold on tight and enjoy the ride. :)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

I actually liked that format.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point, isn't that pretty much expected? It jumped all they way to the very beginning or what we think is the beginning.

I'd hate to be the fanboy who tries to put this series in chronological order once it's over. :D

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know it's the beginning and I know it should pick up, but man these 2 episodes have been slllllooooowwww!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
this one is losing me. They jump around...a lot.... normally I can keep up with that kind of thing but the show just isnt that exciting so it doesnt keep your attention well.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I loved this but this far into the season I’m fading in and out of sleep and having to rewind these first two episodes. And I enjoy mentally challenging shows.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the best episodes of the series, imo. A bit predictable, but still really good and dark.

Lots of great stuff in this one. Slowly pulling back the curtain. They did kind of telegraph the Delos stuff, but I'm fine with actually guessing something right for once. ;)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lots of great stuff in this one. Slowly pulling back the curtain. They did kind of telegraph the Delos stuff, but I'm fine with actually guessing something right for once. ;)
My total off the cuff speculation.

Delores is Williams wife and he's trying to get the new mind module (that sphere Bernard picked up at the Delos lab) to bring her back. Bernard is programed to get it to Ford.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My total off the cuff speculation.

Delores is Williams wife and he's trying to get the new mind module (that sphere Bernard picked up at the Delos lab) to bring her back. Bernard is programed to get it to Ford.

Interesting.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone like the latest one? Thought had a cool twist at the end.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Nah, too boring. Also, the acting for the Bernard character is grating. It didn't bother me at all last season, and I'm not sure why. The drama just seems too forced this season. Everyone just looks into the middle distance and waxes poetic about the human condition. Its like bad college theater.

Twist has promise though. Ha!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show has become too heady for me. great production design, solid sex and violence, but it's become background music at this point while i do other things.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show. One of my favorites but I get what some of you are saying. They really risk getting to complicated and "heady" or too smart for their own good.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I still enjoy it, but having to follow along late at night when boys go to sleep and I’m exhausted is taxing my ability to do so effectively.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Definitely have to pay attention to all the details and dialogue on this show. Very ‘heady’.

My one question.

how are some of the hosts who have become “self-aware” still able to be controlled by the computer control panels the humans have, yet they aren’t effective on other hosts?

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still enjoy it, but having to follow along late at night when boys go to sleep and I’m exhausted is taxing my ability to do so effectively.
Yeah I watch it the next day. Too much to absorb on sunday night.

Definitely have to pay attention to all the details and dialogue on this show. Very ‘heady’.

My one question.

how are some of the hosts who have become “self-aware” still able to be controlled by the computer control panels the humans have, yet they aren’t effective on other hosts?
There's only two, I think, that are fully self-aware; Delores and Maeve. The rest are still "coming around" and not fully sentient. Bernard, Teddy and Maeve's boyfriend are like this. The rest are still hosts, which is why Maeve can whisper to them and control them. The hosts that have been around a long time and with deeper back stories are coming around faster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard