Westworld (HBO)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You figured you knew where it was going. And, to a certain degree, you did. On the other hand, you didn't. No, you didn't at all :)
Yeah, there were definitely some surprises. Too bad we have to wait until 2018 for season 2.

And, here's a nice recap to tie things up.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My theory - Ford created a host that looks just like him and that is who was assassinated by Delores.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want quality verses spitting out garbage but 2018? That's crap.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My theory - Ford created a host that looks just like him and that is who was assassinated by Delores.
yeah, that's defiantly been speculated.

I want quality verses spitting out garbage but 2018? That's crap.
I thought I read somewhere that 2018 is due to the fact that HBO had not renewed the series past season 1, but once they did it was too late for production to start for a 2017 season based on a variety of factors.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, that's defiantly been speculated.

I thought I read somewhere that 2018 is due to the fact that HBO had not renewed the series past season 1, but once they did it was too late for production to start for a 2017 season based on a variety of factors.

Oh I am sure it had to do with that. Just sucks as fans that they couldn't have reacted sooner. The show looks insanely expensive so I get it. Still sucks.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got a new T-shirt for my b-day. :rockon:

You must be registered for see images attach

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have HBO and really wasn't too keen on a tv series being made. But, HBO is free this weekend and holy geez this is awesome.

The bar massacre at the end of ep1 with Paint it Black playing in the background was just perfect. Two 'Black' songs played on the piano; this and Blackhole Sun earlier.

Ed Harris as the man in black is a nice nod to Brynner.

Yeah, but there were quite a few easter eggs. Sure seemed to have some ties to the movie.

Alex and I started watching this last night - saw first few episodes.

I loved the music - especially Black Hole Sun and Paint it Black played via player piano and the muted orchestra - great touch.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me either. It might be our favorite show on TV right now.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Cant wait. Looking forward to seeing Gustaf Skarsgard (Vikings - Floki) in a different role.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So, what did everyone think of E1? Lots in there and I'm going to re-watch it. Looks like this episode was both the beginning and ending of the season? That would follow the timeline dancing of season 1.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's incredible how they can show so much and still leave me completely clueless as to where they might be going. Every scene just pulls you in deeper. It really is a joy to watch this show as the production, acting, writing, everything is just so damn good. I only hope they don't collapse under the weight of the story they're building.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It's incredible how they can show so much and still leave me completely clueless as to where they might be going. Every scene just pulls you in deeper. It really is a joy to watch this show as the production, acting, writing, everything is just so damn good. I only hope they don't collapse under the weight of the story they're building.

seeing Thandie Newton nude all the time kinda draws ya in too...always leaves me kinda wondering whats going on in a scene as I wasnt fully paying attention to storylines

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seeing Thandie Newton nude all the time kinda draws ya in too...always leaves me kinda wondering whats going on in a scene as I wasnt fully paying attention to storylines

The DVR really has changed our lives hasn't it?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
At the end, where those AI or humans in the water?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end, where those AI or humans in the water?

AI. One of them was James Marsden.

So, now there’s two timelines again, right? One with Bernard right after all the crap went down where he’s in the basement and the one where he woke up on the beach and eventually sees the dead bodies in the water, right?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AI. One of them was James Marsden.

So, now there’s two timelines again, right? One with Bernard right after all the crap went down where he’s in the basement and the one where he woke up on the beach and eventually sees the dead bodies in the water, right?

Sounds like it now that you mentioned one of them was James Marsden. Was he the one they viewed on more under the water? I couldn't tell.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it now that you mentioned one of them was James Marsden. Was he the one they viewed on more under the water? I couldn't tell.

yup, which I think foreshadows that there will be a split between the hosts who want ultimate freedom and are willing to fight for it and those who may be collaborators, or something like it, meaning that eventually Evan Rachel Wood's character has to kill Marsden if he's standing in the way of freedom.

Or knowing this show... not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard