Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love the original movie. Can't wait for this, looks good. Thanks for the trailer, didn't know it was up yet.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was stoked when there was a rumored movie but I think this is going to be awesome. Can't wait.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
saw a new trailer for this last night.... it really looks awesome...even without Yul Brenner.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be special if they don't screw it up. I was worried that after GOT ends I might not have much reason to keep HBO. If this show is as good as the trailer makes it seem? Woot!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Awesome start! Love it already.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was rather stoked for this. While the pilot didn't blow me away, I think it did a good, workmanlike job of world building and setting the stage for the season/series.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I was rather stoked for this. While the pilot didn't blow me away, I think it did a good, workmanlike job of world building and setting the stage for the season/series.

Episode 2 is up early on HBO GO.

From what I've read, Episode 1 was all about worldbuilding and Episode 2 changes gears quickly. I thought the Pilot was one of the best I've ever seen of any series. I didn't know what to expect going in, but they made it clear, this is Spartacus with robots. That is an incredibly intriguing premise.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool that it's up early.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I liked it. I have to ask though, is it supposed to be tied to the movie? The run down portion they showed looked an awful lot like it could be from the original movie and they mentioned not having problems in "over 30 years".

You must be registered for see images

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I liked it. I have to ask though, is it supposed to be tied to the movie? The run down portion they showed looked an awful lot like it could be from the original movie and they mentioned not having problems in "over 30 years".

You must be registered for see images

Creators have said the movie events do not exist in the TV show. These references are probably just Easter Eggs in services of the movie fans.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't have HBO and really wasn't too keen on a tv series being made. But, HBO is free this weekend and holy geez this is awesome.

The bar massacre at the end of ep1 with Paint it Black playing in the background was just perfect. Two 'Black' songs played on the piano; this and Blackhole Sun earlier.

Ed Harris as the man in black is a nice nod to Brynner.

Creators have said the movie events do not exist in the TV show. These references are probably just Easter Eggs in services of the movie fans.
Yeah, but there were quite a few easter eggs. Sure seemed to have some ties to the movie.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't wait till the next episode...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait till the next episode...

Do you have, like, a temporal displacement unit or maybe a time machine? If not, you might have to do what the rest of are having to do. We're having to freaking wait!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched episode one last night the Mrs and I are in agreement, this is fantastic!

Stout

Reaction score
I was really worried that it could devolve quickly into bad Groundhog Day mode, but it hasn't done so. I think the show has handled that aspect quite well. I'm in agreement with everyone else. It's fantastic. It's not quite at "I must watch this the moment it airs" mode, but I do look forward to it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was really worried that it could devolve quickly into bad Groundhog Day mode, but it hasn't done so. I think the show has handled that aspect quite well. I'm in agreement with everyone else. It's fantastic. It's not quite at "I must watch this the moment it airs" mode, but I do look forward to it.

agreed... it hasn't over done the Groundhog Day stuff, but you can still feel Jonathan Nolan's presence and the issues he loves to write about in this.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I too am absolutely loving this series.

I agree there is a potential concern in the groundhog day stuff but they'll handled it well. This is an amazing series. I really wonder how they keep it going for a few years.

Before the last episode I thought Anthony Hopkins was purposefully creating the problems to make them more human, but now that he has shown that he treats them only as robots and is warning the software director or whatever not to make his partners mistake of wishing them to be human, I don't know what to think.

Can't wait to see more.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We're all caught up now. :rockon: It took about fifteen minutes into the pilot to get added to my DVR queue. We went from going, "hmm, this looks interesting" to our top five in three days. I've probably said it before, but I would kill to have HBO do a series based on the Dune books.

Stout

Reaction score
We're all caught up now. :rockon: It took about fifteen minutes into the pilot to get added to my DVR queue. We went from going, "hmm, this looks interesting" to our top five in three days. I've probably said it before, but I would kill to have HBO do a series based on the Dune books.

No! First they have to do a series based on Sabatinis Sea Hawk!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am really enjoying it, love the fact that I still haven't figured out the end game...are they all after the same thing? Is the "maze" a real thing? If so who designed it and why? What or who is causing the "hosts" to become self aware?

Who exactly is the "man in black"? He obviously is someone famous, wealthy and he has the run of Westworld and appears to have been a regular since the beginning.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No! First they have to do a series based on Sabatinis Sea Hawk!

I hadn't heard of that, but can't we have it all? Let's just put every story idea with promise in the hands of HBO from here on out. :koolaid: